in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

I’ve been having a ton of fun running:
Explosives: 3-1-2
Tools: 1-3-1
Holo: 3-1-2

Heal Turret, Rocket Boots, Rifle Turret, Photon Wall

The tool belt skills for Turret and Wall work great with static discharge, the lower CD on tool belt skills (this includes swapping out of forge) feels great overall. It let’s you get back into forge faster knowing you can drop out sooner knowing you won’t overheat.

Rocket Boots I’ve been swapping in and out with the new stun break. I just really enjoy rocket boots with 2 charges now.

And explosives helps you put out some great ranged damage while kiting with Forge 1 (Traited) and using 3 and 4 when off cd. Really excited for this at full release. What has everyone else been running?

So what Holo builds y'all running?

in Engineer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Haven’t quite pinned it down yet…I have a soft spot for Alchemy but it’s hard fitting in Elixirs when the Holosmith is giving new toys to play with. Explosives with Forge traited for ranged is awesome though! Gave the full time today during the stress test to the Holosmith and it was so much fun just wrecking everything in sight.

Probably going end up Explosives/Tools/Holo as well…in the end the two give most to the Forge and working around it. Dunno about utilities; I rather like the Spectrum Shield and I like the toolbelt skill for the arena, I play a Chronomancer as well so having a group pull again on Holosmith is pretty neat. Wish it was a group buff though. So much to go through and consider now that we aren’t so reliant on the base kits anymore \o/

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I’ve been toying today with:
Tools 2-2-2,
Elixirs 1-2-1,
Holo 2-2-1,
with Celestial gear. Thanks to Tools grandmaster (endurance regeneration) and Elixirs adept+Holo Leap (gain vigor with upon gaining swiftness + spammable swiftness), we have very high endurance regeneration (I’ve been also using Energy Sigil), so we can proc a lot of burns from Holo grandmaster. This also keeps our heat on resonable level. I didn’t find the damage satisfying enough tho, also it’s very risky to spam dodges mindlessly. I love Spectrum Shield as utility.

I’ve been watching some streamer on Twitch play the double static discharge OP mentioned, the damage spam was just crazy. I’ll be definitely trying it out in small scale WvW.

(edited by Samug.6512)

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Was experimenting on Holosmith with Rifle and it is actually very good with Rifle.

Went….
Explosions – 2 – 2 – 2
Firearms – 3 – 2 – 3
Holosmith – 1 – 1- 3

Forge Mode covers the Melee aspect of combat to deal with enemies.

Rifle then deals with the range combat aspect with the auto skill then using the 2 or 5 skills to close in on the target then go Forge Mode.

Still hoping a future Elite Spec is a Technomancer theme Spec that use Staff as the weapon of choice.

in Engineer

Rage Cube.4573

I’ve been toying today with:
Tools 2-2-2,
Elixirs 1-2-1,
Holo 2-2-1,
with Celestial gear. Thanks to Tools grandmaster (endurance regeneration) and Elixirs adept+Holo Leap (gain vigor with upon gaining swiftness + spammable swiftness), we have very high endurance regeneration (I’ve been also using Energy Sigil), so we can proc a lot of burns from Holo grandmaster. This also keeps our heat on resonable level. I didn’t find the damage satisfying enough tho, also it’s very risky to spam dodges mindlessly. I love Spectrum Shield as utility.

I’ve been watching some streamer on Twitch play the double static discharge OP mentioned, the damage spam was just crazy. I’ll be definitely trying it out in small scale WvW.

You could just get the endurance boon from tool belt usage (minor tools) and take explosives for mine trail for more damage on rolls!

in Engineer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

elixir S, tool kit, rocket boot, rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hmm

well, in pve:
explosives (23)-1-3
firearms 3-(13)-2
holo 3-1-2

with
s/p, healing turret, bomb, (rifle turret / rocket boots), (grenades / throw mine), lazor
in zerk/better with scholar and force + (energy/air/whatever)

or condi with viper and relevant runes/sigils:
explosives x-3-2
firearms 1-1-3
holo 3-(13)-3

with
(ps)/p, healing turret, bomb, flamethrower, grenades, lazor

im not sure about pvp but it will prolly have holo 2-(23)-x and be power. similar for wvw but i am even less certain about even bringing holo into wvw although i will play the kitten out of it.

• where (xy)’s denote options and things to test.
JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Open world
- Firearms: 3-3-2. Alchemy: 2-2-1. Holo: 2-2-2
- Gear: full commander(for now) runes of durability to max boon duration
- Weapons: Sword/sheild
- Utility: Elixir H, Elixir B, Elixir U, EG/Exceed blades/arena(for TB)holo elite

- I want boon myself as much as possible. Thanks to elixirs I can hold 7perma boons (might,regen,swift,protect,fury,quick,retal) -which mean 14% dmg boost from firearms trait. Firearms give me also 20% crit chance from traits. Alchemy give me tanky and boon duration – and needed swiftness uptime.

Pvp:
- same like scrapper only change can be marauder amulet. EG is still pretty good stunbreak and unblockable aoe. Bulwark changes for exceed stunbrake and purgy for elixir B (tossing stability). But they can make changes untill release so this is only funny theory craft.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Rage Cube.4573

Open world
- Utility: Elixir H, Elixir B, Elixir U, EG/Exceed blades/arena(for TB)holo elite

- I want boon myself as much as possible. Thanks to elixirs I can hold 7perma boons (might,regen,swift,protect,fury,quick,retal) -which mean 14% dmg boost from firearms trait. Firearms give me also 20% crit chance from traits. Alchemy give me tanky and boon duration – and needed swiftness uptime.

Pvp:
- same like scrapper only change can be marauder amulet. EG is still pretty good stunbreak and unblockable aoe. Bulwark changes for exceed stunbrake and purgy for elixir B (tossing stability). But they can make changes untill release so this is only funny theory craft.

Holy kitten lol… Do you even need hgh with the might gen over 100 heat trait? I want to try this now lol.

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Yea thanks to remind me I forget for this one. But you will not be all time over 100% heat right? Meaby this you can manage in pvp or WvW but in open world you will ride on mount, jump into the fight and fast booned. HgH also give you cd reduce and boon duration from elixirs so this is the reasson.

And meaby holosmith can reach perma stability uptime but i am not sure (toss elixir B + traited corona burst)

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Open world

Pvp:

Firearms trait gives 2% more damage per condition on foe. The trait you are looking for is in Alchemy.

Edit: scrach that. Alchemy trait reduces incoming damage by 2% per boon.

(edited by Samug.6512)