Some Engi Clarifications

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: Zhunter.8460

Zhunter.8460

So lets see here, mainly I am trying to bring myself back up to speed in game and found myself back to my old main which as the forum shows is the Engi. I remember loving this class and especially the kit juggling so as I began plinking through the kits I re-ignited my love for FT again and in quick order dropped my Grenade build. So these questions will primarily be focused around stat and item related questions so please bear with me.

So the first thing I couldn’t seem to find was

Condition Stat- Max before stat-drop – Condition Damage vs Power (For FT or EG)

Toughness - Max before stat drop – Toughness as primary FT stat? (Jug & Energized Trait)

Precision - (Is the stat just for Crit & less for Hit?)

Currently my gear sits me around the 2k Toughness, 1900 Power, 1850 Condition, 1750 Precision with full Undead Superior runes. So any tips for this would be appreciated.

Sigil of Earth - Will this proc on while using my FT kit? Because it seems if so then Burn/Bleed with this much condition damage seems Win.

Here is my build from what I remember (At work sorry)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpWrlXx6KseRCbBNyx0mQ1UQOhL8xIEAA-TJhAABLt/w4lBA4BAMwJAAA

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Regarding Condi and Toughness are you asking for diminishing returns threshold? If so i’m not sure there is one/it’s up to you. As for Precision it only affects your chance to crit. YOU are the only thing that affects your chance to hit. Sigil of Earth will proc when using a kit, although Sigil of Tormenting is generally preferred.

Might want to take a look at this.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_FT_Condi_Roamer

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: Zhunter.8460

Zhunter.8460

First off, thank you for the response. Regarding the stats your on the nose. I was curious about diminishing returns. And I am surprised there are no to hit or evade stats. Just seems like that was always part of any MMO. Well all the better imo without. And after looking over that Tormenting Sigil I can understand why this is a little better. Especiallys since it seems most classes can stack the bleed for you. I dont know if I can agree with the triple kit stance myself though. I like the double Elixir rampage burn but from all I have read having the EG on an FT build is a lifesaver. Anyways what do you feel is a good Toughness point for a solid FT runner? It seems you want it high since its at the Short to Medium range most times.

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

There are no Hit or Evade stats in this game because it’s more of an action combat system than you’re used to coming from a game like WoW.

Silly me I never asked which game mode this build is for. Open world PvE, Dungeons, PvP, WvW roaming/havoc or WvW zerg?

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I had heard a while back (a year ago?) that diminishing return for overall Armor was around 3k. Not sure if it’s still true, or was even true to begin with, I just accepted it because I knew the person I heard it from was a stat monger.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

Diminishing returns on stats doesn’t exist in GW2 like in other games AFAIK. In GW2 once you get to a certain point in a stat, let’s use 3k Armor, increasing it further may have less value in the grand scheme of things, but you’re still getting increased armor. In other games there are caps where increasing a stat beyond that number will give you no increase.

The only stat like that in GW2 that I’m aware of would be Crit chance (Precision) with 100% being the cap, or 80% + Fury.

(edited by Sagramor.7395)

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

The only stat like that in GW2 that I’m aware of would be Crit chance (Precision) with 100% being the cap, or 80% + Fury.

Also condi duration have cap on 100%

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

Yes and I’m always curious how that works against -condi duration. Say you have over 100% condi duration (rare for the most part unless we’re talking Bleeds). If your opponent has -condi duration is your condi duration beyond 100% used?

Some Engi Clarifications

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Yes and I’m always curious how that works against -condi duration. Say you have over 100% condi duration (rare for the most part unless we’re talking Bleeds). If your opponent has -condi duration is your condi duration beyond 100% used?

If I understand that right first is calculated your duration and then his reduction and I dont think so its used overcap

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop