Some questions on Engie in raids

in Engineer

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

I’m making an Engineer and looking at this guide http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Condition_Raids but I have a few questions:

1) The guide recommends Sigil of Geomancy, but that only procs on weapon swap. Does that mean I need 4 pistols? (might be a stupid question but I just wanna confirm before getting 4 pistols)

2) Why Rune of the Berserker, if it gives Power half the time? Isn’t Condi the main source of DPS for Engie, and why dilute it with Power? Why not just have something like Rune of the Nightmare which adds Condi Duration instead?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

1) no question is stupid, but kit swaps proc weapon swap effects and you can swap kits any time. you dont need 4 pistols.

2) it depends on your gear. the highest priority for you is to max out your condi duration. in the gear setup listed on metabattle, they have you maxing out condi duration without dedicating your runes to doing so. notice there is an alternative gear setup — pure sinister. since sinister doesnt have expertise like viper, youll need to use runes with condi duration (typically 4 nightmare / 2 trapper, but several other combos are ok). in a viper setup that doesnt need duration from runes, berserker runes simply do the most damage for a condi build.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

1) no question is stupid, but kit swaps proc weapon swap effects and you can swap kits any time. you dont need 4 pistols.

2) it depends on your gear. the highest priority for you is to max out your condi duration. in the gear setup listed on metabattle, they have you maxing out condi duration without dedicating your runes to doing so. notice there is an alternative gear setup — pure sinister. since sinister doesnt have expertise like viper, youll need to use runes with condi duration (typically 4 nightmare / 2 trapper, but several other combos are ok). in a viper setup that doesnt need duration from runes, berserker runes simply do the most damage for a condi build.

Thanks, I didn’t know kit swaps counted as weapon swaps. And it does seem that berserker is the right rune choice then

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Wahoo!

20% of you damage is still power damage. The Rune of the Berserker also increases your overall damage output by 5%, wich extremly strong, especially since it works for conditions aswell.

So what gear are you currently using? Are you trying to get Viper asap?

Greez!
- Ziggy

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I’m making an Engineer and looking at this guide http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Condition_Raids but I have a few questions:

1) The guide recommends Sigil of Geomancy, but that only procs on weapon swap. Does that mean I need 4 pistols? (might be a stupid question but I just wanna confirm before getting 4 pistols)

This made my day.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Engis cannot weapon swap

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

“The Rune of the Berserker also increases your overall damage output by 5%, wich extremly strong, especially since it works for conditions aswell.”

This isn’t actually true. It increases your condition damage by 5% but does not increase the damage of conditions by 5%. There is a measurable difference.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

“The Rune of the Berserker also increases your overall damage output by 5%, wich extremly strong, especially since it works for conditions aswell.”

This isn’t actually true. It increases your condition damage by 5% but does not increase the damage of conditions by 5%. There is a measurable difference.

Rune of the Berserker does not increase “condition damage” by 5%. It precisely increases the damage of conditions by 5%.

Made a vid about this earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhYp4xIjiY

Wahoo!

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

Now I have to test it with as little condition power as possible. Again.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

How so? I know I’m pretty much the same as you I think – we don’t believe others unless we test it ourselves, wich I really support! It’s always possible somone made a mistake but in that case – can’t you believe your own eyes in a recorded video? o.O

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Xyonon , I see you have really hype for making engi most effectivness in raid, what do you think if anet implement viper trinkets. Something change? Runes/sigils?

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I’d spontaniously say same runes and sigils since they are the very best. I think Malice saves more expertiece than Bursting saves condi damage at the same cost. If this is not true I’ll let you know for sure. But in the end – the only thing you should do is use as much Viper gear to get 100% condi dura and then use Sinister gear for the rest. Condi dura for burn n bleed ofc.

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

How so? I know I’m pretty much the same as you I think – we don’t believe others unless we test it ourselves, wich I really support! It’s always possible somone made a mistake but in that case – can’t you believe your own eyes in a recorded video? o.O

It’s not that I don’t believe “recorded video” on some things but there are many things that are easier to test when you use minimal values. You’re right, but the way I tested it was I went to PvP grounds with an ele using a wand and just cast skill 1 without anything but the wand making sure I had a condition damage of zero, got what I expected, then calculated and tested with the Berserker Rune equipping nothing else and got what I expected.

The only reason I did it that way was to make sure that there were no variables from skills, abilities, or traits that were augmenting results or making them unstable. The way you did it is completely fine as well and as I said you are absolutely correct, and now they only need fix the sigil.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

>.>

so uh

out of curiosity, what exactly are you testing and why are you doing it in pvp?

sorry, its unclear to me.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

What do you mean by “fix the sigil”?

He was testing the already tested – what the 6th bonus of the Rune of the Berserker means “+5% condition damage”.