Soooo i got 1shotted

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

By an engineer… screenshots down, might respond or edit this post with a fraps as this is 2nd time this has happened from the same person in a guild called Companionless [SOLO].
Dont know much about engineers but i thought “grenade” was the auto attack and “grenade barrage” the toolbelt skill. The barrage i can understand, but the auto attack? why so many in a second? lol

Just to remind, all fo this was in a single instant, not over time as u can see the timeframes in the screenshot. Macro? but that wouldnt explain the autoattack having so many hits.
http://imgur.com/5MBqgsw,uTQ2HGv

http://imgur.com/5MBqgsw,uTQ2HGv#1

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Keep in mind the auto attack (when traited for the grenade kit) throws 3 grenades, so if you’re at close- medium range you’re going to be hit 3 times by the skill.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

That’s 16 grenade barrage hits so its obvious grenade barrage + kit refinement trait aka 100nade build variation.
Mystery solved.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Logi.5612

That’s 16 grenade barrage hits so its obvious grenade barrage + kit refinement trait aka 100nade build variation.
Mystery solved.

im confused, is the skill “grenade” like shown in the screenshot also from the skill “grenade barrage”?

If thats so, then why does it have 2 seperate names? lol

Do you happen to have a build that would drop this amount of nades? i would like to analyze it :o

Currently in EU – [Au]

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

bromi.7809

No, ‘grenade’ is autoattack. Sorry i checked only your first link and my point is accurate for 1st screenshot.
2nd one: can’t really say how exactly is that ‘much’ cos timestamp shows only a minute, and of course you can squeeze that much attacks in a minute (take notice 1 attack = 3 grenades, what is obvious from freeze/flash ones).

P.S. of course if you insint 2nd one happening in really short time like 2-3 sec that would be some sort of lag or cheat.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The ‘Grenade’ attack is Attack 1 of the Grenade Kit.

Look for 100nades or something. It’s one of the builds that maintains popularity most consistently, it seems like, due to its glass cannon nature (and being one of the only ways an Engineer can match the sheer amount of damage some other classes can do).

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Logi.5612

trying to find him again so i can fraps it hopefully.

Currently in EU – [Au]

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

I’ve seen plenty of videos on it already, I’m sure you could find one. It’s the 100 Nades build, (which would be under Five Gauge’s thread on here) and works with a crowd control by walking into the opponent using Grenade Barrage and swapping to the Grenade Kit to trigger the Kit Refinement. Has a myriad of advantages and disadvantages and is competitive, but it’s the opinion of some that the build falls a bit short of what the Thief is capable of overall.

I’ll be honest, I think the big bursts in the game (Arcane Magic, 100 Nades, Backstab, Shatter, 100 Blades, Bird F2, etc.) should be toned down slightly. That is a decision left to the devs though, the game is playable as is without such a change.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the build:

30/x/x/x/10+x
all variants trait explosives to 30 and take grenadier, most take either burn on crit or bleed on explode, most (if not all) take 10% explosion damage
all variants have at least 10 in tools for kit refinement, many will also take static discharge, and a lot will take speedy kits
some variants will take 10 firearms for rifled barrels or something
some variants will take 10 alchemy for S at 25% or something
some variants may take 10 inventions to be oddballs

weapon choice doesnt really matter, but rifle offers more control
grenade kit is a must, toolkit is likely, and the 3rd utility is choice (maybe R, B, U, S, bombs, ram, or rifle turret)
heal is choice, but probably med kit
elite is almost always supply crate

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Dude he’s not hacking or cheating so getting a video won’t make any changes… You just got bursted by a glass cannon 100nades engineer. Trick on surviving this is actually the same as surviving a 100blades warrior. It’s 1 dodge/stunbreak away. If an engineer magnets you or fires a net shot then gets near you, pop your stunbreaker/dodge as soon as possible.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Pull, Drink Elixir U for Quickness, Switch to Grenades, launch Grenade Barrage, mash the Grenades button while still recovering. That’s the only thing I can think of in what concerns the overload of auto-attacks (knowing that you throw 3 grenades per autoattack)

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Logi.5612

Dude he’s not hacking or cheating so getting a video won’t make any changes… You just got bursted by a glass cannon 100nades engineer. Trick on surviving this is actually the same as surviving a 100blades warrior. It’s 1 dodge/stunbreak away. If an engineer magnets you or fires a net shot then gets near you, pop your stunbreaker/dodge as soon as possible.

I’m not necessarily saying yet that he is cheating, thats why i wanted to fraps it first to show people and elaborate why it “literally” was over 20 nades in an instant.
A guildy showed me the build and we went sPvP (its different in wvw obv, but to get a view of how it looked like) and yeh the build he used on his engi looked similar to how the guy killed me. But even with the quickness pot that he used, it still took him 2-3 seconds to drop every single nade. But his auto attack “grenade” didnt drop 16 like the guy in the screenshot did.

The guy that killed me did it in an instant. IDK if thats how it supposed to be with specific traits or perhaps lag (even though it happened twice) thats why i wanted to fraps it and drop it here.

edit: couldnt find him anymore though, thinking about it, it might have been a macro program that spams his keys for him.

Currently in EU – [Au]

(edited by Logi.5612)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

I’m not necessarily saying yet that he is cheating, thats why i wanted to fraps it first to show people and elaborate why it “literally” was over 20 nades in an instant.
A guildy showed me the build and we went sPvP (its different in wvw obv, but to get a view of how it looked like) and yeh the build he used on his engi looked similar to how the guy killed me. But even with the quickness pot that he used, it still took him 2-3 seconds to drop every single nade. But his auto attack “grenade” didnt drop 16 like the guy in the screenshot did.

The guy that killed me did it in an instant. IDK if thats how it supposed to be with specific traits or perhaps lag (even though it happened twice) thats why i wanted to fraps it and drop it here.

edit: couldnt find him anymore though, thinking about it, it might have been a macro program that spams his keys for him.

Ok, he only needed 3 clicks to unload 16 grenades(Grenade Barrage) which would take 1~2 seconds. Another 1 second and 2 more clicks for dropping 1 set of grenades which totals to 19.

Let’s assume his Toolbelt button for Grenade Barrage is F2.

1 – Press F2, AoE target pops up.
2 – Click on Ground (you).
3 – Press Hotkey for Grenade Kit.

That combo alone unloads 16 grenades(Grenade Barrage). No macro needed. And BTW using a Macro is cheating in GW2 that’s why I thought you were accusing him of cheating.

Now let’s clarify it. Those 20 grenades you were telling from the log are from Grenade Barrage or Grenades? The log does not show it in seconds.

Note: Applying Elixir U makes it all possible to drop more than 20 grenades including grenade barrage in 3~4 seconds.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Ok, he only needed 3 clicks to unload 16 grenades(Grenade Barrage) which would take 1~2 seconds. Another 1 second and 2 more clicks for dropping 1 set of grenades which totals to 19.

Let’s assume his Toolbelt button for Grenade Barrage is F2.

1 – Press F2, AoE target pops up.
2 – Click on Ground (you).
3 – Press Hotkey for Grenade Kit.

That combo alone unloads 16 grenades. No macro needed. And BTW using a Macro is cheating in GW2 that’s why I thought you were accusing him of cheating.

Now let’s clarify it. Those 20 grenades you were telling from the log are from Grenade Barrage or Grenades? The log does not show it in seconds.

Note: Applying Elixir U makes it all possible to drop more than 20 grenades in 3~4 seconds.

I’d say it was lag. 20+ explosions in 3~4 seconds will cause that.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kyon.9735

You can actually click your hotkey for Grenade kit while in the middle of unloading your Grenade Barrage to make them explode at the same time. Roughly 1~2 seconds and 16 instant explosions.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: enji.7459

enji.7459

[ ] 1 shotted

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This guide https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Five-Gauge-s-100nade-Guide/1268400 will tell you everything you need to know about glass cannon engineers. It’s a pretty solid build, but once you know what’s going on it isn’t hard to avoid.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

bromi.7809

Gosh, people keep repeating my mistake of looking only on 1st screenshot)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

By an engineer… screenshots down, might respond or edit this post with a fraps as this is 2nd time this has happened from the same person in a guild called Companionless [SOLO].
Dont know much about engineers but i thought “grenade” was the auto attack and “grenade barrage” the toolbelt skill. The barrage i can understand, but the auto attack? why so many in a second? lol

Just to remind, all fo this was in a single instant, not over time as u can see the timeframes in the screenshot. Macro? but that wouldnt explain the autoattack having so many hits.
http://imgur.com/5MBqgsw,uTQ2HGv

http://imgur.com/5MBqgsw,uTQ2HGv#1

Hey Man!

It’s actually pretty funny, cause that engineer is me!

I’M the only member of my guild, so it’s 100% me. :P

There was no hacking in this, because

1* I’m way too lazy to find how to work out with some kind of hack
2* I hate cheater, I would ban my best friend If I caught him cheating.

Now my build. Like people said : 100nade build, I’m using the build of Five Gauge. I’m sometime switch Elixir S for Slick Shoes to escape the zerg, but I’m losing my free stomp.

I’M full glass cannon build, all exotic, 2 ascended and 1 rare (lazy me). So that’s explain the damage if you aren’t full geared yet.

Now the kill : Seems like I had my Elite down, so you were prolly netted from the turret. I used the usual combo.

Grenade Barrage + kit refinement barrage + static discharge + spam grenade.

About the grenade spam, I don’t remember which kill you were, since I roamed many hours this week end. But for the most part, I had the sigil that proc quickness on my weapon. I don’t know why I had this sigil, but I changed it to sigil of fire yesterday for more dps.

But I prolly had it again you, and it proced during the grenade spam.

That’s prolly the reason why I spammed it so fast.

If you want to avenge yourself, I’m usually roaming in ether NSP bl or BP bl, between 10-12 pm east week and mostly anytime during week end. I stay in the lower parts of the map because I die often to groups, so I have to rez a lot. If I have my SOLO tag up, I’m running solo, so you are welcome for a duel!

Message me in game if you want tips how to counter me! (easy tips : level a mesmer, shatter mesmer own my kitten so bad).

p.s : I also missed my combo in that fight if you check the logs. :P

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Gosh, people keep repeating my mistake of looking only on 1st screenshot)

I looks like the 2nd screenshot is just a continuation of the same death. Same timestamp. Looks like he got 100naded and then got spammed by nade attack #1 probably while he was trying to rally.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

bromi.7809

I looks like the 2nd screenshot is just a continuation of the same death.

Well it apparently is. I tried to make conclusions from provided data about ‘2nd time’ =)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Divyne.9137

Divyne.9137

Well it was either Kard or me. Was it a female engie with the “Wrem” tag? There’s only 3-4 of us who run 100 nades on AR.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

@Divyne

“2nd time this has happened from the same person in a guild called Companionless [SOLO].”

Pretty sure it was me! :P

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Am I the only one who giggles a little when they see a screen shot of a thief dirtnapping? In this case I giggled even more since I’m on AR too, so this one is my enemeh! Sorry, I get frustrated with thieves.

Signed,
Another AR 100nade Engineer.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Ahaha I’m a zerg hunter and I giggle each time I can bait some people to overextend from their zerg, chasing me like I’m their pray.

Only to find that they are now alone, away from their zerg. And I’m now invis, slowly walking inside their body and one shotting them. that sounded dirty.

That’s the pleasure of being a 100nade engineer.

For me, Mesmer are the one that frustrat me to more. Thief I don’t really mind, they usually can’t one shot me because I slotted elixir S at 25% hp especially for them. And they usually just heartseaker spam right into my 100nade combo, poor them.

But Mesmer, a pro mesmer is just so slippy. I can’t pin them down. I have to bait them so many time, they have a never ending supply of escape mecanism. And Confusion not being nerfed like in sPvP is a pain!

BristoneAshe, if you want some 100nade fun in WvW, come between 10-12 pm at night, I roam in the NSP and BP BL! Most fun I had since release.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Mesmers drive me nuts in WvW. Incredibly slippery and loaded with potential disengages. Most at least do not carry much in the way of condi-removal though, which is helpful to me.

Thieves always seem to be glass cannon. Probably the squishiest target in most situations period.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yep, Mesmer can be easier if you load up conditions on them. But Sadly I’m direct damage. Culling is also working in their favor.

And Yes, thief go ubber glassy in WvW, and many of them are so terrible, spamming heartseeker until they are out of initiative. Even if I have my shield up. Come on man! :P

Some guardian are really scary in WvW tho. I don’t see dps guardian often in sPvP asthey usually go bunker. But in WvW they can dish a good amount of damage and still have good defensive cooldown. Pro guardian give me a fair fight I love it!

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Ahaha I’m a zerg hunter and I giggle each time I can bait some people to overextend from their zerg, chasing me like I’m their pray.

Only to find that they are now alone, away from their zerg. And I’m now invis, slowly walking inside their body and one shotting them. that sounded dirty.

That’s the pleasure of being a 100nade engineer.

For me, Mesmer are the one that frustrat me to more. Thief I don’t really mind, they usually can’t one shot me because I slotted elixir S at 25% hp especially for them. And they usually just heartseaker spam right into my 100nade combo, poor them.

But Mesmer, a pro mesmer is just so slippy. I can’t pin them down. I have to bait them so many time, they have a never ending supply of escape mecanism. And Confusion not being nerfed like in sPvP is a pain!

BristoneAshe, if you want some 100nade fun in WvW, come between 10-12 pm at night, I roam in the NSP and BP BL! Most fun I had since release.

Mesmers are very tough too. When I say thieves frustrate me I’m really referring to the ones that take advantage of culling. Like the Stealth > Unload > Stealth > Unload rinse and repeat ones. There’s just nothing I can really do against them because of culling. I see the tracers from the unload, I see them eventually pop out of stealth, but I can’t target them. I don’t mind countering skills, but I hate trying to counter technical advantages along with skills.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah I forgot those one.

Been a long time since I fought a Wild Bill wanna be using a 3 button build.

Those pistol/dagger are so annoying, and there is a reason why they are only efficient in WvW : Culling.

With culling, dodge the cloak n dagger is a lot harder, and even if I dodge it twice (so they can’t do it again) they still have healing and shadow refuge to escape.

Fighting them is annoying and not fun, So I prefer those DD Thief that die in 2 hit.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I find you can usually tab target them even if their model hasn’t loaded yet. This of course assumes a simple one on one duel though.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I’ll definitely look you up. I’m by no means an elite player though, I’m average at best and I just switched to the 100nade build last Thursday. Put a good bit of time in on it over the weekend. But I was one of those weird engineers that never used the Grenade kit so I still got a alot of room for improvement and learning with that kit. It took me a lot of practice to get the twitch memory for doing the combo, but now I need to get all the twitch memory set for when the combo misses haha. I got a pretty good handle on it, but I still bork up from time to time. So you’ve been warned haha.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

That won’t be an issue man.

But be ready to die quit a bit Hunting the zerg is a difficult task when culling is involved. And I like to try suididal run to kill1-2 of them, just to show them I can kill them even if they are hidden in their 20 man team.

And trust me, you will become a pro 100 nade really fast, when you fight undernumbered! (not that I’m pro, but you will get better)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

SO back on topic, I just wanted to say that you can get the auto grenades to hit all at once (or close to it) because of travel time. If you start at max distance running toward a stationary target you can get ~9-15 auto grenades to land within 5 seconds or so. Although I they did up the travel speed of grenades a while back I haven’t tested it since beta

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yep, but in this case it was really the fault of Quickness from sigil.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

the best part is landing it on a thief or mes and one shotting them. grenades go off, thief or mes is nowhere to be found…. wait for it….. invisibility wears off….ah, there they are! lying on their back, with their hand reaching towards the heavens as if to say ‘why god? why did I underestimate the engineer?’

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah man!

With the culling sometime it’s take so much time before they appear.

When I think I one shotted them, I stay there and spam grenade around to be sure.

Sadly, sometime they won’t appear, never to be seen again.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Hahaha Ive been called a hacker using 100nades also. Love this build, it has as many weaknesses as other GC builds except ranger, they cant even run GC. But its high skill cap=high reward, master engi and you will probably never get bored.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Choops.3710

Hahaha Ive been called a hacker using 100nades also. Love this build, it has as many weaknesses as other GC builds except ranger, they cant even run GC. But its high skill cap=high reward, master engi and you will probably never get bored.

I know that feel, bro. I know that feel.

Attachments:

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

I get at least one message a day saying to play “something that require skill” or random insult.

In WvW I get the same treatement, the ennemy invite me in a group and try to convince me I’m using a newb build.

Then I have to explain them that versus good players, I have to use 20+ different skill during the fight, that I have more skills rotation then an Elementalist. Also half my skill are skill shot.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

BrimstoneAshe.5043

the best part is landing it on a thief or mes and one shotting them. grenades go off, thief or mes is nowhere to be found…. wait for it….. invisibility wears off….ah, there they are! lying on their back, with their hand reaching towards the heavens as if to say ‘why god? why did I underestimate the engineer?’

That made my day. LOL

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Yea lol this dude was like…how are you getting grenade barrage off twice. I was like, secret, and he goes its almost like hacks.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Choops.3710

Yea lol this dude was like…how are you getting grenade barrage off twice. I was like, secret, and he goes its almost like hacks.

hahahahaha, I do that too. “How did you 2 shot me?” “Ancient Chinese secret….”

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Logi.5612

I want to retry you engi from SOLO im usually in bp border roaming around the bp spawn keep, a guildy happened to have same build and I have an idea to hopefully counter is, althought he wasnt as fast as u were :o
edit: ohya my thief is the sexy looking one with the underboob and has either tM tag or DAoC tag.

Currently in EU – [Au]

(edited by Logi.5612)

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Will look for you!

Once you learn our pattern, you can usually counter us pretty hard if our bait CC don’t work.

A good thief in WvW can also be a pain, especially with the culling effect!

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Divyne.9137

Divyne.9137

Yeah Kard, sorry.. Didn’t read all that part about solo..

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah Kard, sorry.. Didn’t read all that part about solo..

Ahaha happens!

I’M sure you did your share of victim with 100nade too ! :P

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

one engineer jumped at me with this build, but I used magnetic shield and he killed himself before he realized what happened

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah reflect projectile skill are deadly for 100nade. Especially mesmer!

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

I’m using a condition dmg variation of the 100 nades build (30/20/0/0/20) with bomb kit for elixir S and I feel this one is superior to the standard 100 nades build atleast for wvw (with condi duration food).

I can EASILY kill a buffed camp lord faster then any zerg I’ve seen. It’s great for AoE pressure and even elementalists (which have proven to be one of the thoughest to beat as a conditionclass) are a joke.

I used to be a 100 nades engineer similar to 5Gauges build and was pleased and succesful with it, but my performance went up significantly when I went the condition way. With the regular build I was struggling especially against foes that know about my weak spots. Some people are just too smart to get caught and in some cases I even ended up one shotting myself (ye i hate reflects).

For sPvP i still prefer 5Gauges build tho.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I used to run something like that. It’s true that condi Nades, Bombs, and pistols wreck the lords in WvW. Even in the build I run, I often swap in Bombs / Mortar depending on the situation.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper