Soooo i got 1shotted

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Silver

I tried the same thing then you in sPvP. Nearly made a post about it

Didn’t tried it in WvW, but in sPvP I found it to be subpart to the direct damage build. I was relying too much on the 15% bleed of shrapnel to proc.

Did you use rifle or dual pistol? I used it with dual pistol, and it was a lot harder to set up the combo. I missed my rifle

I still think it’s a really efficient build! But even in WvW i’m not sure about it.

Especially since I always felt like conditions build suffered more then direct damage. If you go direct damage, any class will take the damage. If you go condition, you’ll hit BM Ranger that pet eat your conditions, you’ll fight condition necro thats will transfer everything back at you and heal with your cond. So many conditions removal.

I might try it again in WvW just to be a bit different. Just to have some fun. Tho I need to gear myself up for it. Do you use rampager, rabid or carrion?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Necros hardly ever take the Plague Signet anymore. Without condi-removal of your own though, I could see this being a very harsh counter. They of course always seem to have the offhand dagger transfer and heal that wipes their conditions.

Ranger’s Empathic Bond is extremely strong, but you can still do damage through it by timing Blowtorch/Geomancy/Shrapnel Nades after it passively cleanses things.

In both those situations the advantage is not in our favor, but it’s not completely bleak. We have a good chance and it’d take someone of similar or higher skill (skill being a compilation of reflexes, knowledge, and decision making) to beat us. With a single kit and dual pistols we can apply an incredible plethora of conditions and most of them are on very short cooldowns. After condition removal we can reapply our most deadly conditions quickly.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Cyanide.7952

Cyanide.7952

Hahaha Ive been called a hacker using 100nades also. Love this build, it has as many weaknesses as other GC builds except ranger, they cant even run GC. But its high skill cap=high reward, master engi and you will probably never get bored.

I know that feel, bro. I know that feel.

I just had to make an appeal for this exact reason. I’m now afraid of using this build.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Necros hardly ever take the Plague Signet anymore. Without condi-removal of your own though, I could see this being a very harsh counter. They of course always seem to have the offhand dagger transfer and heal that wipes their conditions.

Ranger’s Empathic Bond is extremely strong, but you can still do damage through it by timing Blowtorch/Geomancy/Shrapnel Nades after it passively cleanses things.

In both those situations the advantage is not in our favor, but it’s not completely bleak. We have a good chance and it’d take someone of similar or higher skill (skill being a compilation of reflexes, knowledge, and decision making) to beat us. With a single kit and dual pistols we can apply an incredible plethora of conditions and most of them are on very short cooldowns. After condition removal we can reapply our most deadly conditions quickly.

Which armor set are you going for? Might give it a try in WvW tonight.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Mostly Rabid with Rampager’s Pistols and Chest.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

And where do you get your Rabid gear in WvW? Do I really have to run the temple or run dungeon? Man I don’t want to do that lol.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I’m pretty sure you can get a lot of Rabid Gear from Karma.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

That link might help find other sources, I haven’t checked it’s validity recently though.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah well to get them with Karma, you have to owne the temples in Orr. Sadly they arent always contested on my server, and I’m way too lazy to do it again, as I have done it with my necro.

I think I will stick to the usual powerbuild. Too much work to change gear to rabbit Especially since I would have to work for another set of ascended ring.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Yeah the Ascended stuff is difficult to change.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Hahaha Ive been called a hacker using 100nades also. Love this build, it has as many weaknesses as other GC builds except ranger, they cant even run GC. But its high skill cap=high reward, master engi and you will probably never get bored.

Yea lol this dude was like…how are you getting grenade barrage off twice. I was like, secret, and he goes its almost like hacks.

hahahahaha, I do that too. “How did you 2 shot me?” “Ancient Chinese secret….”

My favorite thing is killing other 100nades engineers and then saying * you cant do it like I can son, schools open * they get so mad. Except this one guy, 1 shot him and all he said was burst at its finest, nice build. Kinda disappointed me lol.

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Yeah well to get them with Karma, you have to owne the temples in Orr. Sadly they arent always contested on my server, and I’m way too lazy to do it again, as I have done it with my necro.

I think I will stick to the usual powerbuild. Too much work to change gear to rabbit Especially since I would have to work for another set of ascended ring.

Don’t forget you can guest to other servers. Most high pop servers have the temples under control.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Yea lol this dude was like…how are you getting grenade barrage off twice. I was like, secret, and he goes its almost like hacks.

hahahahaha, I do that too. “How did you 2 shot me?” “Ancient Chinese secret….”

My favorite thing is killing other 100nades engineers and then saying * you cant do it like I can son, schools open * they get so mad. Except this one guy, 1 shot him and all he said was burst at its finest, nice build. Kinda disappointed me lol.

I swear to god, you’re like my engi twin. I quote Kid Rock, even though I detest his music, because it’s so fitting. I see magnet pull, I dodge. I net shot, put some pressure on with rifle, he uses all his dodges, I magnet pull, 100 nades combo, /s “you can’t cap with the master, son. so sit yo’ kitten down ’fore I blast ya one”

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

Soooo i got 1shotted

in Engineer

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

hey choops, good 100nading the other day in spvp