[Specialization Idea] The Medic

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I usually come up with some ideas for fun when I’m urging to play something that isn’t in GW2 yet. I enjoy playing scrapper and I can’t wait to see what we get for the next specialization!

That being said, I came up with my own idea, made it a little pretty, and decided to show you all and see what you guys think.

The Medic
“Need a hand? I got what you need right here!”

As new dangers arise, so do our abilities to aid the wounded. After the victory against Mordremoth the pact discovered new technologies, magic, and medicine that would help prevent the loss of lives in the battles to come. The movement into Elona would only further push the pact into training and outfitting combat medics with greater mobility to serve all those in need across the world.

Re-modifications to magic-based weaponry (mostly with the help of the Asura) opened the doors for quick, portable healing tools that are capable of treating specific wounds when needed. This allowed the pact to mass recruit medics who were not proficient in magic to fulfill the same roles with excellent efficiency to prepare for the next fight against the dragons.

Like the engineer, the medic is a complicated class but with a heavy emphasis on a supportive role. The unique skill types require quick decision making and situational awareness to use effectively.

Elite Profession Mechanic
Scrappers introduced a great tool when concerning downed allies and enemies, allowing them to keep their hands free or to secure a kill. Medics took this concept and created a defibrillation dart that incapacitates downed enemies from doing further harm or assists allies into rallying back into the fight.

And of course, they always keep one for themselves, retaining the same effect for when they go down themselves.

Scepters
The medic utilizes a modified scepter that connects the core to Asura technology, allowing it to channel energy into specific waves of magical light. The technology is rather new so the range is quite limited and it requires heavy concentration to operate it.

Scepters used by Engineers are low damage but hit quite often. They are susceptible to CC due to their long channel times. As a supportive tool, it excels in burst healing and powerful but short protection.

Stations
The original signets were meant as magical batteries to allow non-magic users to use magic. Engineers have re-purposed signets into larger, but still portable stations. When not in use, they provide small benefits to those around the medic. The medic is capable of deploying these stations for the medic and allies to use. Using remote-golem technology, the medic is able to reconfigure the stations to alter their effects.

The station is a combination of signets and turrets. I know a lot of people don’t like the idea of AI skills but these are much easier to deal with.

Stations cannot be destroyed by enemies and they require interaction to be of any use.

You lose the passive effect when stations are deployed.

Stations can be dismantled by the medic at any time using the respective toolbelt skill.

Stations have limited charges. Each person gains a debuff when using a specific station, disallowing them from using that specific type of station until it wears off (thus, you cannot spam interact to gain massive healing from multiple medic stations) however the cooldown of interaction is always less than the cooldown of the station, allowing multiple medics to still be of use in certain content.

Stations have modules which share charges and interaction cooldowns with the other module of the same station.

Rather than making one super long post, I made them into images. Click below!

Weapon Skills, Healing Skill, and some Utilities
More Utilities
Elite
Traits

Note: Relocator is supposed to have 10 charges to allow a teleport+stealth combo.

Note2: Care Package trait resistance is supposed to be 1 second, not 3.

Another note is that repeat skills are not shown. All stations have the ability to revert back to their original purpose, all stations have the ability to dismantle (replacing their toolbelt skill as turrets do).

Thoughts? Questions?

Originally, I planned to explain the choices behind each skill and trait but it would go well past the message length of 5,000, more or less 20,000, and big walls of text are scary so I left it out. If you are wondering, feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading! I did this as an exercise and for fun.

(edited by WEXXES.2378)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Anything for seeing med engi at some future, +1

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build