[Spoiler]Was Aerin using bomb throwing elite?

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

So, in the fight with Aerin (engineer sylvari) in the new living story, the attacks he used seemed quite different than grenades. They kind of acted the same way, but when they landed they had about 1 or 2 seconds until they blew up.

Bomb throwing elite for engineer please?

in Engineer

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Why?

They were asbolutely garbage and incredibly easy to avoid.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Bomb throwing elite for engineer please?

Why?

Mechanically, mines are far superior, and we’ve already got a utility skill for it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Why?

Maybe because Mortar and Elixir X are garbage?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Mortar is a nice makeshift tower-defense in wvw, and elixir X can be pretty funny if you get the tornado in the middle of a blobb.

But yea, both are only niche-fillers and not really an OP utility that elites hould be. Then again, throwing bombs that have a travel-time AND a dmg-delay is kinda kittened for almost all situations. then you could go directly with the mortar.

What a nice elite would be is a shoulder-mounted cannon instead of the mortar.
Give us a kit with similar skills and replace it with the mortar, or even better, give us defense and offense options that were be seen on the dwarf-class in sacred (if anyone remembers).

That were:
Normal shot (just a regular auto, doing aoe-dmg on impact (how about making it scale with power like the BK auto?))
Poison shot (ticking poison aoe on impact. Change its projectile to a rotten cow, just for the lolz)
Overcharged shot (high single target dmg and a knockback (please without recoil))
flameburst (like a non-ticking version of FT #1 that actually does high dmg and applies burn)
and a bubble (just give us a portable bubble like fortified turrets have, but player-centric and mobile)

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I don’t really do PvE, so most of the PvE content has no impact on me, also I have my doubts about new content being introduced in this manner.

But I sure would love some new sPvP content.

I’d even take a new, equally unwieldy Heal Skill like A.E.D. If it meant shaking up the meta. Even if for just a week like the new Heal Skills did.

Before everyone realized they functioned very poorly and reverted back to the original skills.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Aerin was using something very similar to what Boom-Boom Baines was using, only there wasn’t a zerg making it difficult to see what was going on.

Boom-Boom, of course, was using this last year, too, though they did update it a bit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Why?

I’m not against getting new elite skills, I just don’t quite understand why we should have an elite skill that seems mechanically inferior to utility skills we already have.

I wouldn’t mind having some type of mine-related elite skill, but throwing bombs that blow up after a short time seems kind of lame compared to using grenades or mines.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Why?

But supply crate is op..

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

engineer simply needs the throw mine to be reverted back to mine kit

1 to 5 mines simpy do damage and remove 1 boons and the toolbelt then be the big mine that knocks and strips 2-3 boons

the whole reason mine kit got removed was cuz all mines had knockback so why not actually fix what made the darn thing broken and put the mine kit without the knockback spam.

as for elites as many have said mortar either needs to be a cannon or needs a 500 extra range added and better skills and damage