Stabilizing Engineers

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

It’s no secret engineer access to stability is extremely limited, and with that being the case a couple very simple changes could provide all we need:

1 Toss Elixir S only procs the enlarge for stability.
2 Armor Mod grandmaster trait also grants 3 seconds of stability when triggered.

The complex fix would be getting rid of the Mortar Elite as it is unusable in any efficient manner. There are a myriad of directions this could be taken in from a Clockwork Steamsuit armed to the teeth or a Machine Gun kit that pumps out waves of hot lead. No matter the change the skill needs to provide stability to viable builds by making itself viable.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The Mortar Elite should be replaced with this turrety contraption…
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/all_images/Hungarians/Tanks/HU300.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/39M_Csaba

It’s like a golem, only better and more charr-engineer-like.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

One turret should provide stability, just like ALL turrets should give some boon or another!

Shield trait should not give 60 toughness, but 5 seconds of stability when using a shield ability (some boon duration will go a long way on that one…)

Just 2 ideas, and purely for good form all ask for a reverting of the Juggernaut nerf back at beta…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

It’s no secret engineer access to stability is extremely limited, and with that being the case a couple very simple changes could provide all we need:

1 Toss Elixir S only procs the enlarge for stability.
2 Armor Mod grandmaster trait also grants 3 seconds of stability when triggered.

The complex fix would be getting rid of the Mortar Elite as it is unusable in any efficient manner. There are a myriad of directions this could be taken in from a Clockwork Steamsuit armed to the teeth or a Machine Gun kit that pumps out waves of hot lead. No matter the change the skill needs to provide stability to viable builds by making itself viable.

not to say these ideas were bad, just added 2 of my own that fitted other builds better.

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Personally, I’d like stealth on Toss Elixir S.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Thumper turret toolbelt skill missing.

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

1. Adrenaline pump – 3sec stability per F skill use for yourself and allies.
2. Low health response system: 10sec regen and 5sec stability on 25% health.

At least first option would be pretty ballanced and bring some group support.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Smoke fields and plentiful blasting/leaping for Stealth is already available to Engineers, but Stability just isn’t an option. We can use Elixir X, but as an Elite form skill it’s obviously limited in viability. There’s also that atrocity mortar elite that no one would use even if it were a standard utility skill.

That’s the primary basis I use to justify removing the stealth option on Toss S. That and those two effects, stealth and stability, are used for wildly different reasons; stealth doesn’t help in a situation where you need stability and stability doesn’t help in a situation where you need stealth. RNG between the two is plain ineffective, at least with U or X there’s a common situation for their use.

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Smoke fields and plentiful blasting/leaping for Stealth is already available to Engineers, but Stability just isn’t an option. We can use Elixir X, but as an Elite form skill it’s obviously limited in viability. There’s also that atrocity mortar elite that no one would use even if it were a standard utility skill.

That’s the primary basis I use to justify removing the stealth option on Toss S. That and those two effects, stealth and stability, are used for wildly different reasons; stealth doesn’t help in a situation where you need stability and stability doesn’t help in a situation where you need stealth. RNG between the two is plain ineffective, at least with U or X there’s a common situation for their use.

you know why I’m not a big fan of giving stability to elixir S?
Simply this: are we really going to give it to HGH builds again?

Maybe it’s about time some very important and usefull feature was given to a totally non-elixir build for a change.
It wouldn’t make the elixir build weaker after all, it would just make another build very well suited for GvG and WvW in general, alongside the already well rounded HGH builds.

Keep it on toss S as it is now.
But give stability to something entirely different as a new alternative!

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

We’ve only got 2 smoke fields and one of them you can’t use on demand. I like stealth, stability is nice but, I like stealth.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Give it to a gadget.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

We’ve only got 2 smoke fields and one of them you can’t use on demand. I like stealth, stability is nice but, I like stealth.

Correct. Our sources of stability however are unquestionably lesser.

Perhaps even putting Stability on Gadgets like on Slick Shoes, Rocket Boots, or Throw Mine (in addition to fixing its “unaffected by gadget traits” bug) and making S only proc Stealth is fine by me as well.

I’m not partial to where the stability gets added only that it does get added.

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Thumper Turret has stability on toolbelt! OH YEA! THUMPER TURRET HO!

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Posted by: Ale.3280

Ale.3280

just one thing…

give us a REAL stability 10 sec like other classes

please.. it’s unplayable versus the melee charge… engineer is more difficult to play then warriors and guardians.. let we have something more strong to let us continue playing this loved class..

thanks

Stabilizing Engineers

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Thumper Turret has stability on toolbelt! OH YEA! THUMPER TURRET HO!

Lmao. Sooo bad….
Lasts just long enough for the animation for Rumble…
Attached to a turret…possibly the most limited and build specific turret…

Meanwhile…on my Ranger, Warrior, and Guardian…