Static Discharge build and gear?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I used SD for first time last night in pve (with carrion armor and rabbid trinkets) I’ve seen videos of SD engineers and their burst etc, is it a pure glass build that they use to get that high crits?

maybe 1-3k per tool belt skill?

I was getting in between 300-700 on my set up.

in truth I only used SD because I was trying out the gadgets, I found it to be very fun, and even tthough my SD hit like a wet noodle, it was fun and such.

I used my condition build too but switched the traits up to accommodate the different utilities 20/10/0/20/20

any tips advice?

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

(edited by Bull Zooker.1672)

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Carrion armor and Rabid trinkets isn’t burst damage, it’s condition. Most if not all static discharge builds rely on berserker gear because that’s what’s giving you the burst damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I am against 100% Berserker gear kind of in principle, but with the new love gadgets and rifle got I decided to make a SD build. I use mostly Berserkers with a couple Valkyrie, 1 Soldier, and 1 Celestial. Compared to full Berserkers I lose about 5% crit chance, a couple percent crit damage, and 50ish power, so not a real difference compared to full Berserker in terms of damage. I gain nearly 2500 health and about 150 toughness, a pretty big difference to full Berserker.

SD build is pretty fun with this! Lots of quick damage, big crits, and even a bit of survive ability depending on your trait/utility choices.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

Carrion armor and Rabid trinkets isn’t burst damage, it’s condition. Most if not all static discharge builds rely on berserker gear because that’s what’s giving you the burst damage.

I know its not ideal gear etc. but was wondering if there was optimal traits and gear for a mix of burst and survivability.

what sort of numbers do you hit with your SD tool belt skills?

thanks for your responses, both of you :-)

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

I am against 100% Berserker gear kind of in principle, but with the new love gadgets and rifle got I decided to make a SD build. I use mostly Berserkers with a couple Valkyrie, 1 Soldier, and 1 Celestial. Compared to full Berserkers I lose about 5% crit chance, a couple percent crit damage, and 50ish power, so not a real difference compared to full Berserker in terms of damage. I gain nearly 2500 health and about 150 toughness, a pretty big difference to full Berserker.

SD build is pretty fun with this! Lots of quick damage, big crits, and even a bit of survive ability depending on your trait/utility choices.

I am also against 100% zerk, thanks for your advice! will look at gear maybe cavalier and valk for some survivability.

in Engineer

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

I am currently leveling an engi for wvw roaming and dpsing in pve.

After the last patch and the remake of Rocket Boots I wanted to make a build that used gadgets so I looked into the SD build.

I dislike full zerk gear aswell so I came up with this. I havent tested this out yet cuz my engi is still lvl 40ish =P Hope this will help you.

Build: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|4.1g.h4|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.71j.1p.71j.1n.71j.1p.71j.1n.71j.1p.71j|2v.0.2v.0.3v.0.1n.61.1g.64.1i.67|0.u469.0.a6.u32c|39.7|2c.2m.2p.2s.30|e

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

I am currently leveling an engi for wvw roaming and dpsing in pve.

After the last patch and the remake of Rocket Boots I wanted to make a build that used gadgets so I looked into the SD build.

I dislike full zerk gear aswell so I came up with this. I havent tested this out yet cuz my engi is still lvl 40ish =P Hope this will help you.

Build: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2.0|4.1g.h4|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.71j.1p.71j.1n.71j.1p.71j.1n.71j.1p.71j|2v.0.2v.0.3v.0.1n.61.1g.64.1i.67|0.u469.0.a6.u32c|39.7|2c.2m.2p.2s.30|e

thanks man, will check it out when I get home. im a new 80 engie. lvled using 4 kits and p/s the whole way, now looking to use something a bit different.

in Engineer

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

There’s no point in doing a mix gear. With this setup u aren’t a good tank, dps or support. So what are u? If u are skilled, and know how to dodge / when to use kits, u rly no need to get so much survir. Especially when u want to use Rifle as your main weapon.

I’m using zerk gear for the beggining and usually i’m dying as last one

Ps. If u want cool SD build for PvE. Try zerk gear, new trait for rifle. And tool belt skills, i’m using riffle turet, tool kit and Personal Battering Ram. It have a huge dmg already Without full gear (i got only 80% crit rate and 40% crit rate, so it gonna be far higher) rifle is doing 3k AA, SD criting for 2k~ and tool belts spells are criting for about 5k. So if we compare it with their low CD and our Rifle 5->3->4 Combo, engineers got already rly huge dmg

(edited by Naustis.8510)

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

There’s no point in doing a mix gear. With this setup u aren’t a good tank, dps or support. So what are u? If u are skilled, and know how to dodge / when to use kits, u rly no need to get so much survir. Especially when u want to use Rifle as your main weapon.

I’m using zerk gear for the beggining and usually i’m dying as last one

Ps. If u want cool SD build for PvE. Try zerk gear, new trait for rifle. And tool belt skills, i’m using riffle turet, tool kit and Personal Battering Ram. It have a huge dmg already Without full gear (i got only 80% crit rate and 40% crit rate, so it gonna be far higher) rifle is doing 3k AA, SD criting for 2k~ and tool belts spells are criting for about 5k. So if we compare it with their low CD and our Rifle 5->3->4 Combo, engineers got already rly huge dmg

looks like ill be saving up for some zerker gear after all ;-) for fun if nothing else.

sounds like some impressive numbers!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Guildie of mine is running a SD build while using Tool Kit, Personal Battering Ram, and Rocket Boots in WvW. Said he’s having a blast chasing down people.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

yea im looking forward to using that as a secondary build for my engie. as generally I enjoy condition play more than burst but its nice to have options. engie burst looks like alot of fun

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.6974

Nate.6974

Noob question here. 1) what is zerker gear? pvp gear? and 2) why are some people against it?

Just curious. TIA.

in Engineer

Bull Zooker.1672

Noob question here. 1) what is zerker gear? pvp gear? and 2) why are some people against it?

Just curious. TIA.

my bad, im lazy when on my phone so abbreviate stuff when possible.
zerk – beserker
its very high offense but terrible defence. very unbalanced generally speaking which is why not everyone uses it.

if you want BIG numbers go zerk.

its PvE and PvP gear. also the way you spec.

(edited by Bull Zooker.1672)

in Engineer

Posted by: Aedh.2631

Aedh.2631

It’s PVE gear, with the following stats : power, precision, crit damage.

Some people are against it because it doesn’t offer any survivability stats, and people running with this kind of gear usually die fast.
This is great gear for glass cannon builds however. You hit hard (very hard), but you have to learn how to use dodge efficiently, as well as -in the case of an engi- other skills which might improve your life span (net, knockback, etc.).

Niamh Ruadhan – Norn guardian (Augury Rock)
Rend Brokenfist – Charr warrior (Augury Rock)

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

It’s PVE gear, with the following stats : power, precision, crit damage.

Some people are against it because it doesn’t offer any survivability stats, and people running with this kind of gear usually die fast.
This is great gear for glass cannon builds however. You hit hard (very hard), but you have to learn how to use dodge efficiently, as well as -in the case of an engi- other skills which might improve your life span (net, knockback, etc.).

This is exactly it. I also temper my build with some Knights gear, to up my toughness and add crit chance. Either Cavalier or Valk would also be OK, but we start with mid-range health, so toughness usually benefits us a bit more.

The number one thing to remember is that power is always the biggest direct damage increase, so if you use things like rabid pieces, you are not getting any power from them at all.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

In wvw i wouldnt do berserker if solo. Running naked a downed guardian mesmer and thief can screw u. In Wvw i use power tougg crit% ascende. Power tough vita gear. Hp 20 000. Power reac 3500. Crit more with food. Toughness 1500. Backapack still zerker. I can take a beating and burst crit 1.5k.

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39