Static Discharge vs. Condi Engi roaming

in Engineer

Posted by: Buell.3701

Buell.3701

Which one do you guys prefer for solo/small group roaming? I cant’ decide which one I like more. SD has a ton of burst but no survivability and condi has good sustain & survivability.

Personally, I think condi might be better, because running full zerk for SD is way too glassy. Half the time I get 1 hit out of stealth from a mesmer or thief that I don’t know is coming and I don’t have enough defensives to react after that and counterplay.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I prefer power celestial … but between the 2 i would choose condi

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

For small group roaming it depends on the comp you are running. If you are running a rather bursty comp (thieves, mesmers etc) that has access to stealth, you are going to have more succes with SD while if you run a sustain comp (guardians/eles etc) you are much better off with a condition damage build. For solo roaming it doesn’t really matter, pick what you prefer.

SD by the way has plenty of defense and you hardly run it full berserker. It’s just more about active defenses than passive defenses like toughness and vitality.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

SD plays like kitten after the change.

Go Condi.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

I run SD with full berserkers and the survival isn’t bad. Good mobility, plenty of cripples/immobilizes/CC, multiple invuls (gear shield, Elixir S), plus endurance regen.

Here’s the build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Z;4cPkq0l6cQ-x0;0gSFw0u5;6jkm;0247157037;4IN0;9;2kr0;2N_M

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Definitely condi

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

I love the SD build, it is lots of fun, and bursting down thieves and the like never gets old. But there is a lot of condi roamers around recently, and I found my SD build couldn’t handle them.

I recently switched back to full condi recently, and the bigger health pool, plus plenty of low cooldown clears makes for a much better match up versus other condi builds.

Condi mesmers are now a good matchup, although it often stalemates.

Build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSuY7WwALw6FLsF1YbMGfB4HWiBgYHVFPBA-TVyCABQoEEgHEwJ7PAoegX0QYgJIsU+5p6PUcCBCAgAMzyMAO6RP6RP6Rbmz8oz8oJFAMTjA-w

The only problem – you need to try disengaging from diamond skin elementalists

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

Note – gw2skills.net does not correctly calculate the reduced toolbelt cooldown for Elixir toss.

Toss Elixir C has a 16sec CD due to both HGH and Mechanised Deployment.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Run both.
Sinister burn-stacking is awesome.
Since you have stealth and moa, you don’t need vitality or toughness since you can gank your target(s) pretty much in seconds.
My biggest success to so far was 3 kills in less than 10sec (judging from blowtorch’s cd).

I loved S/D builds back before the patch, and they got actually buffed quite decently with the patch. But when it comes to multi-target ganking, Sinister > Berserker.
And if you miss your toughness, you still can mix Sinister up with 33:33:33 rabid & knights gear

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.