Static discharge dual pistol thoughts.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tutankhamun.3679

Tutankhamun.3679

Curious if anyone has played around with a SD condi dual pistol build. Post your builds thoughts and experience in pvp wvw or pve.

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Static discharge. Yawn.

Oh now be nice…

SD builds are very strong in pve & pvp, but it is a crit build no way around it. Could you make a p/p SD build work… Yes. But you would be better off not doing it lol.

With full gear rifle #1 crits for 2k+ (on most targets) combine that with your SD string and you can pull out 8-10k burst in <3 sec and repeat that every 15 sec. That’s not taking into account any jumpshot combos (another 6-8k)

I am full acsended gear my crit is around 65% my crit dmg is + 99% (I run some pvt for pve) so it’s an optimum setup but I feel just as bursty as I do on my war or thf, but at range.

Winning duh

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why would you trait for a source of direct damage in a condi build?

sd is 1 extra hit w/o any condi procs of its own and tools gives you is crit damage and cooldown reduction on skills you dont use for conditions.

just doesnt fit.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Static discharge. Yawn.

Oh now be nice…

SD builds are very strong in pve & pvp, but it is a crit build no way around it. Could you make a p/p SD build work… Yes. But you would be better off not doing it lol.

With full gear rifle #1 crits for 2k+ (on most targets) combine that with your SD string and you can pull out 8-10k burst in <3 sec and repeat that every 15 sec. That’s not taking into account any jumpshot combos (another 6-8k)

I am full acsended gear my crit is around 65% my crit dmg is + 99% (I run some pvt for pve) so it’s an optimum setup but I feel just as bursty as I do on my war or thf, but at range.

Winning duh

Sorry, but I don’t think we have any cookie cutters in the shape of a dual pistol SD build.

in Engineer

tattoohead.3217

^ hmm that was kind of my point dno why you quoted me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I actually do run a p/p sd gadget build atm from what i have noticed its some really high burst and decent pistol damage i prefer p/p only because the dual sigils and the slight aoe per shot it takes care of pesky mesmer clones

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I made a Power Pistol/Pistol build trying to monopolize of the Modified Amunition trait.

With the Tool Kit/Net Turret and Rocket boots for some mobility. It lacks stun breakers but between Gearshield/net turret/glue shot/rocket boots people are usually right where you want them.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: Tutankhamun.3679

Tutankhamun.3679

I know how SD builds work. Currently running one myself. I haven’t been home to get on my computer to test things myself but had the idea that a dual pistol SD build could work. Being more like a hybrid. I was just curious to see if anyone has attempted. So something like this wouldn’t work? http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4cPFn0l6gSFx0;9;49T;0T4;056A;418BO73;9;010kicA;4VX-d0h1l2sZy44uVIF310;9;9;9;9;2FFFFFF;9;17-6Y

in Engineer

tattoohead.3217

You know in beta Pistol had a much higher attack speed, and the power sailing on #2 is great so with some slight changes on ANET’s part i would see p/p or probably p/s working with SD but for now i would have to say Rifle wins by a landslide.

If it were close i would just say do whats fun, but its a big discrepancy tbh