Static discharge is SICK!!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Why don’t more people play this build?

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;0B-sP-6-l6oRFx0;9;5T-9T;1358;10;015BI;2B0-G3G3G3G35BH

^teldo’s power rifle

Not only do I have ranged pressue, but the burst is INSANE. Glassy yes, but INSANE. I really like this over mesmer, due to perm swiftness, and using a rifle and hearing that shell hit the ground (sorry I am in the Army)

This build can seriously put out some SICK dps. Very fun.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Why? Simple answer you get more utility and survivability out of other builds. DPS is debatable vs zerker nades.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

Why? Simple answer you get more utility and survivability out of other builds. DPS is debatable vs zerker nades.

List other builds and the mechanics around them. I don’t like pressing auto attack every time, ANET why won’t you let me audo nade

Show me build for zerker nades !!! I love engineer and is a breath of fresh air hehe

I will say this though, I have never had this kind of burst before, it is literally crazy.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: Kizzu.5826

Kizzu.5826

I play static discharge with 3 turrets. Great burst potential by shattering turrets, providing knockbacks, extra static discharge and endurance.
Including a rechargeable breakstunner, stability for overcharged shots, 16 sec CD block and massive healing burst for survavibility.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Static Discharge Rifles are legit single target damage. I’m assuming you are more interested in PvP/WvW since this is a Teldo build. The drawbacks that keep me from using it:

• The utilities that some SD builds take can be sub-par at times – draining utility & active defenses. Utility Goggles, Personal Battering Ram, Rifle Turret, I’m lookin’ at you.
  • Glass Engie needs to be played very defensively. Static Discharge (SD) builds obviously have decent max range, but require some pretty offensive positioning to do the real damage with Blunderbus & Jump Shot.
  • Teamfight performance isn’t stellar. Not only are you constantly worried about your survival, your cleave damage isn’t super punishing & intimidating like Grenade showers are.
  • Personally, I find Engineer boring and auto attack-dependent without 2 kits. Nearly unplayable, for me – unless I have a turret to micromanage. But like I said, that’s a personal preference.

Some things you could do to improve on your SD build that I notice:

• Try out taking Rifle Turret over the Personal Battering Ram. It will give you much more SD trait procs, and surprise shot is much easier to hit, and just way more damaging. I would even rather have the ability to drop a turret then the stanky effect the Ram has when you activate it, too.. phew. I would give up the Utility Goggles to run Elixir S on my SD builds. The invisibility on demand and invuln is going to make you a lot harder to take down. You do give up an SD trait proc. I think it’s worth it. I would almost be tempted to take Healing Turret over Medkit, for actual condition removal – being 100% unable to remove immobilize outside of Overcharged Shot is really a problem now that everything stacks in duration. However, that would leave you without fury, and a bit of a waste of the 30pts invested in tools.
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in Engineer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

I play static discharge with 3 turrets. Great burst potential by shattering turrets, providing knockbacks, extra static discharge and endurance.
Including a rechargeable breakstunner, stability for overcharged shots, 16 sec CD block and massive healing burst for survavibility.

same here

20/0/30/0/20 setup, but rather quickly selected, leaves room for further tweaking. But never the less funny, let me play my Engi more and more these days if only these turret bugs were fixed ….

Anyone knows if inventions XII (turret dmg +15%) affects SD? I think so, but haven’t tested it exactly.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Static Discharge Rifles are legit single target damage. I’m assuming you are more interested in PvP/WvW since this is a Teldo build. The drawbacks that keep me from using it:

• The utilities that some SD builds take can be sub-par at times – draining utility & active defenses. Utility Goggles, Personal Battering Ram, Rifle Turret, I’m lookin’ at you.
  • Glass Engie needs to be played very defensively. Static Discharge (SD) builds obviously have decent max range, but require some pretty offensive positioning to do the real damage with Blunderbus & Jump Shot.
  • Teamfight performance isn’t stellar. Not only are you constantly worried about your survival, your cleave damage isn’t super punishing & intimidating like Grenade showers are.
  • Personally, I find Engineer boring and auto attack-dependent without 2 kits. Nearly unplayable, for me – unless I have a turret to micromanage. But like I said, that’s a personal preference.

• Try out taking Rifle Turret over the Personal Battering Ram. It will give you much more SD trait procs, and surprise shot is much easier to hit, and just way more damaging. I would even rather have the ability to drop a turret then the stanky effect the Ram has when you activate it, too.. phew. I would give up the Utility Goggles to run Elixir S on my SD builds. The invisibility on demand and invuln is going to make you a lot harder to take down. You do give up an SD trait proc. I think it’s worth it. I would almost be tempted to take Healing Turret over Medkit, for actual condition removal – being 100% unable to remove immobilize outside of Overcharged Shot is really a problem now that everything stacks in duration. However, that would leave you without fury, and a bit of a waste of the 30pts invested in tools.

yeah. most of this.
I ran/run SD rifle after getting really bored with grenades.

Burst is huge. Great for spvp, and pve. wvw…. its ok. grenade range, aoe, and ability to hit on walls is just too useful. but still rifle is ok. and decent for roaming.

Net shot is effective in peeling in team fights. And overcharged shot can be as well. (also for knocking people off cliffs)
Jump shot is nigh useless in combat really. will get you killed more often then not. Keep your distance. does work as a kill move. vs low immobalized targets, or downed.

There are build variants. that linked one is not what I run.
I USED to run, Elixir H, toolkit, Elixir U, Rocketboots.
Kick was really effective with discharge. and the active breaking stun was effective.
Changes to stun breaking, etc have changed that up.
Boots are still good though, I like the leap forward, and breaking immo, chill, slow.

currently, H, toolkit, U, elixir B. With an HGH build.

HGH vs 30 tools is also an option. HGH builds have less burst, but provide team buffs, higher base hp. With STABILITY added to elixir B throw. This is pretty strong now. U was buffed as well.
The crit on 30 tools is higher burst and dps.

Rifle turrets shot of course is nice.

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

Excellent advice. Yes I only SPVP. Would you know of a cool HGH build that I could run if all I do is hotjoin/yoloQ?

I like offense! Although teldo’s node defender build was pretty cool too. Was tanky condi and a really solid all around build IMO.

I know you are one of the best engis in game, and was hoping you could share some light on a good nades build, and how you stack 25 might so easy. I never understood how to do that when I tried a HGH build a month ago

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I´ve also fallen in love with static discharge.
It´s fun and all but I have several problems with the lack of utility of the basic sd build. That´s why I tried the Tesla Coil way and put 20 p into explosives for accelerant packed turrets
I´d love to use 20/x/x/10/20 (20p free to spend) with at least 2 turrets (healing and rifle turret. As a potential third I´d take thumber or rocket turret) for sd. But the issues here are the pathing of SD when we use a ground targeted attack.

But the use of turrets and 20 p into explosives opens another problem.
1. The critrate is compared to the originial sd build rather low. you dont have fury on demand and probably need to use critrunes
2. As everyone knows turrets tend to be unreliable :P
3. detonating turrets is a ground targeted skill and static discharge will miss if u dont stand in front of your foe when detonating them. Also the detonation doesnt crit :<

Nevertheless I want to see the faces of the warriors I burst down with this
“Heyyyy a turret ingi, I´ll just jump in there pop stability and be fine!”
Unfortunately for them they dont get knocked back by my turrets because of their stability, eat all turret detonations + static discharge and often eat the entire burst.
That alone is worth playing this spec xD

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

All fun and games until u run into a FOTM warrior w/ shield reflect.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

It’s because it’s a one trick pony. You’ll have much better results having some good abilities spread out in the scheme rather than one MASSIVE burst that could be prone to Block, Dodge or any other form of invincibility and leaving you pants-less.

Stability Warriors used to be a great ennemy of Zerker Static Discharge builds, now it’s completly hopeless unless you try some weird combinations that could include let’s say… Net Turret? Eh why not?

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Casia.4281

you know you don’t HAVE to fire it off all at once..

Also net shot works through stability.

Also, using overcharge shot, and possibly magnet to juggle is an option vs those not stable.. that is why the op build has ram. although, I dont recommend it over the alternatives.

Calling it a one trick pony when it is high constant dps, strong burst potential, highly mobile, and has several CC options is kindof silly.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Imma let you finish, but AK (google) has one of the best SD engis I’ve ever seen xD. But yeah this build is crazy good.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Engineer

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

only baddies would kill themselves from their own bullets. If a warrior has shield reflect all you have to do is stop attacking when the shield is up. This allows you to burst him when the shield goes down and not waste your CDs.

It is really bad if a player blows everything on a shield block lol.

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

Yep, just get a reflex to switch to toolkit and cast magnet. If you are fast enough, you will break the shield after 1.5-2 seconds with very little chance of him dodging it.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The lack of flexibility is what makes me hate it.

You pretty much have to have rifle turret to get the most use out of it, which is basically just giving up a utility slot for 1 extra attack.

If there were shorter toolbelt skills available and it procced on your target no matter what I would like it more.

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

so what is another rifle build I would like more then?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I really like a 10/30/0/0/30 build in Hotjoins. Rifle Turret, Toolkit and PBR, save your burst until you can get them CC’d then go all out. Toolkit is great in this, Magnet to PBR to Burst. Especially fun for Skyhammer

Rifle Turret’s toolbelt is great cuz you can use it at any time even when you’re CC’d. So you can chain your own CC and get a head start on the burst. Throw the turret and pop it for another SD also.

I’ve been thinking of trying a Turret/SD build. Maybe 20/20/0/0/30.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

what is pbr!!? me no what is it

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Casia.4281

pabst blue ribbon?

(he means prybar.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Armin.8765

Armin.8765

I think he means Personal Battering Ram (really bad abbreviation).

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

I thought he meant the beer too lol.

Prybar can hit for some nasty damage

Anyone have some videos of some SD play? I keep learning new things, and would love a good video <3

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Casia.4281

in hindsight, I think Armin is right, he did mean battering ram. not the magnet>prybar combo.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

you know you don’t HAVE to fire it off all at once..

True, but the first time u run up on a warrior, muscle memory will have u blasting him back and then unloading. Maybe after that the engie will learn from his overzealousness. Then again, I could be the only one that goes all out on round 1 and learn from my mistakes later.

only baddies would kill themselves from their own bullets. If a warrior has shield reflect all you have to do is stop attacking when the shield is up. This allows you to burst him when the shield goes down and not waste your CDs.

It is really bad if a player blows everything on a shield block lol.

Ummm, I’m not saying this build is bad in any way. I was just commenting one of the not so fun matchups that go against this build. Given equal skill, I don’t know how this falls in our favor. The most common warrior builds I see are GS/M+S or Hammer/M+S. In either case they have 2 spell reflects on a really short CD, these builds, 0/10/30/0/30, usually run Balanced Stance, Enduring Pain, and a third optional util, Dolyak Signet or Zerker Stance. In either case, that’s a lot of burst deniers and 1 Skull Crack usually equals death. Also, most variants of the SD build run Rifle Turret, Battering Ram, and the Goggles, not often do I see Toolkit (But this could be what u mean by baddies). Even w/ toolkit, I’ve learned to dodge a sec or 2 after seeing those 3 faint lines pointed at me. I’m a hotjoin hero so I don’t have anywhere near the level of experience in tPvP and I should probably not continue commenting…

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Anyone have some videos of some SD play? I keep learning new things, and would love a good video <3

There’s a bunch on Youtube, just search “GW2 Static Discharge” or something similar.

This was the video where I first saw such a build and tried it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgEyg769cDc

It’s from a much earlier patch, but I don’t think any major updates have had any drastic effects on this sort of build, which has been really nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Iddiozzia.3489

Iddiozzia.3489

That particular vid is a crit showreel on upleveleds and overally low armored opponents.

If you want to see a more realistic SD gameplay in the nowdays environment you should watch this.
I made it to look like a parody of that vid since today you only meet mostly 3k+ armor players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl6z-RjPUGg

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

I really appreciate the help, and the turret has worked out cool.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

never saw an sd build that impressed me in any way, the “burst” lol is way to low to instantpwn a common noobywarrior with 3k armor 20k life and after that your dmg is not enough to penetrate his regen.

Easy to dodge, easy to avoid almost no defence so its unvailable for wvw.
No AoE. Its still a bad build it always was.

in Engineer

Posted by: Legno.6548

Legno.6548

Actually when Im solo or up to a small party roaming in www I wear this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqqdnpSyF17IyoHkWnNhgeYX+1I+pAbB-jkxAYfAqAQyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER1SBExyI-w

It’s the most fun thing I’ve ever experienced with my engi.
Against liv 80 target u can experience 8k blunderbuss, 10k jump shot and on a more frequently application 4-5k of surprise shot with 2k static discharge. (I love how ranger always take double the damage of static discharge :P )

This build bring on either some nice utilities when u roam with your small group, and a burst a thief would envy. On the other hands this isn’t a build done for tpvp: grenades give better dps in team fight and with an hgh grenade u will maintain the same dps while building some survivability, and a thief burst bring some utilities u can’t bring while being this focused on burst damage so, between a SD zerker engi and a thief, the thief will take our spot into the team.

And still u can’t use this build in a zerg environment due to it’s poor survivability and low range/aoe.

Cane ingegner
Dogbite
[BloS] Officer

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

That particular vid is a crit showreel on upleveleds and overally low armored opponents.

If you want to see a more realistic SD gameplay in the nowdays environment you should watch this.
I made it to look like a parody of that vid since today you only meet mostly 3k+ armor players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl6z-RjPUGg

Have you tried using personal battering ram instead of rifle turret? I’ve been toying around with that lately and I’ve been liking it in some scenarios. The additional launch can help you extend combo or get someone off of you, and both it and the toolbelt skill do decent damage.

In most cases though I think rifle turret is the better bet for the surprise shot.

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

The Ram utility itself needs some lovin’. If it had more damage and at the knockdown duration of Overcharged Shot at least, maybe people would give up that difficult-to-part-with utility slot. Right now, it feels like a one second CC.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This is my SD/Rifle build

I like using Goggles, ToolKit, and RocketBoots. Goggles gives a stun break & blind immunity & fury for maximum burst. Rocket Boots gives some mobilitiy, a blast finisher, and movement-cc cure. Also, despite having a longer cooldown than Rifle Turret’s toolbelt, I like the Rocket Kick because it deals nice damage and adds a hefty burn. And of course, that’s one more condition for Modified Ammo to take advantage of. And RocketKick’s reduced range isn’t a big deal considering all the bouncing around you’ll be doing with JumpShot and RocketBoots, etc.

I take Power Wrench trait because another cripple when unleashing my toolbelt barrage is super nice. The reduced cooldown on GearShield is an added bonus.

Also, I prefer Hair Trigger over Rifle Mod. Ordinarily, I’d grab the trait to boost damage. But since I’m not going to be swapping kits much but rather relying on my rifle, I want access to JumpShot, Blunderbuss, and especially NetShot as often as possible. NetShot on an 8s cooldown = more immob, cripple, vuln x5.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nortodon.2015

Nortodon.2015

it’s a very funny build but not so effective in tournament because it has little survivability, and condition damage in this game is superior instead of power builds.

(edited by Nortodon.2015)

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

it’s a very funny build but not so effective in tournament because it has little survivability, and condition damage in this game is superior instead of power builds.

You mean in PvP. Because to suggest it is across the other to game modes would be very inaccurate.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Raghnu.1049

Raghnu.1049

This build has been around for a long long time.. why do people not know about it until someone on youtube/twitch shows them ..

in Engineer

coglin.1867

This build has been around for a long long time.. why do people not know about it until someone on youtube/twitch shows them ..

Why the condescension? Because they may be new to the profession and know little to nothing about it. I had never heard of the “Blackwater” build until I made my mesmer. So I asked questions about it. Just becaue a build has been around a long time does not mean it is know by all. If a player just got the game, its rather foolish to assume they should know about a burst build just because its been around for a year in a game they never played before.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

what is pbr!!? me no what is it

Sorry for the late response. Yea, PBR is Pabst Blue Ribbon Personal Battering Ram. Magnet them in, hit um with Tool Kit3 n Rifle3 > knock um back with PBR and PBRtoolbelt>Rifle2 net and Throw Wrench>run up and Rifle5 on top of them>Rifle4 knock back and Surprise Shot. If they’re not dead yet you have some tools on Toolkit that are nice like the shield and Box of Nails, Rifle Autoattack isnt terrible either and Supply Drop can be a game changer. This is a mix of burst and control.

Watch your target, don’t engage until after they’ve popped some of their anti-CC abilities and stability. You don’t have much that you can do to counter CC either but if you time Magnet right you should be good. I’ve taken out tons of opponents this way, I’ve also done my fair share of dieing because thats what you do as a GC in sPvP

I play it cuz its fun and effective, ~60% of the time it works every time…

GL
Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Engineer

Raghnu.1049

Why the condescension? Because they may be new to the profession and know little to nothing about it. I had never heard of the “Blackwater” build until I made my mesmer. So I asked questions about it. Just becaue a build has been around a long time does not mean it is know by all. If a player just got the game, its rather foolish to assume they should know about a burst build just because its been around for a year in a game they never played before.

Maybe I’m just tired of people not thinking for themselves.. : /

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

People aren’t just going to “know” builds, especially if they’re new. This is compounded by there being no good build reference page like the PvX wiki from GW1. Additionally, engg is probably one of the harder professions to really make builds with since it can take quite a while to really get a good feel for how to play the engg properly.

in Engineer

Divinity.8041

I am almost 99.9% positive that you didn’t start playing meta builds on your own. I don’t know who you are, but there is a high possibility that you are not in the high levels of TPVP in this game on engis. Ostrich, teldo, five gauge etc. are very good players, and their builds change the meta, let alone create them. Please don’t jump on people for using a build, when most of the time, it is due to it being the only viable one.

You might be a famous engi, but 9 out of 10 you are probably not. Your statement about people not thinking for themselves is very selfish and you act like you created all the builds currently in the meta right now. Please show me your footage in professional gaming, personal 1v1s etc. The only person who can complain about people not using builds are the ones who actually created them.

And in this game, it is not hard to create a build that eventually becomes a meta. I main mesmer, and was happy to see my build actually being used to the T, this was a new phantasm build btw. I am much better on mesmer, but at least I knew enough about the class to be like, holy crap, someone else is using my excact same build to pwn on. This was a big day for me.

Anyways, yeah, stop the h8 yo.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Engineer

Raghnu.1049

I am almost 99.9% positive that you didn’t start playing meta builds on your own. I don’t know who you are, but there is a high possibility that you are not in the high levels of TPVP in this game on engis. Ostrich, teldo, five gauge etc. are very good players, and their builds change the meta, let alone create them. Please don’t jump on people for using a build, when most of the time, it is due to it being the only viable one.

You might be a famous engi, but 9 out of 10 you are probably not. Your statement about people not thinking for themselves is very selfish and you act like you created all the builds currently in the meta right now. Please show me your footage in professional gaming, personal 1v1s etc. The only person who can complain about people not using builds are the ones who actually created them.

And in this game, it is not hard to create a build that eventually becomes a meta. I main mesmer, and was happy to see my build actually being used to the T, this was a new phantasm build btw. I am much better on mesmer, but at least I knew enough about the class to be like, holy crap, someone else is using my excact same build to pwn on. This was a big day for me.

Anyways, yeah, stop the h8 yo.

You use the word meta way too much for me to take you seriously, that and you called it “professional gaming”

My sides hurt now from laughing. Thank you.. Thank you so much for this.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

snip

Did you really have to try to give some life to your flaccid ego by trashing on someone who’s just being slightly frustrated about something meaningless.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

the reason i dont static discharge is simply because you can do the same thing without it…

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V70;0B-Z;0g0o5V1kw0;9;4JJ-T-49-58;219A;1T;2R;0sV2DsV2D0Jd

a build like that pretty much makes up all that damage you gained from the lightning while also being to support allies and generally just be a pain condition ppl hate you, allies love you.

(while many say that only supply drop is worth it, elixir X is very potent in a true elixir setup)

generally being able to hurt AND do some supporting is ofc just better than doing high numbers and getting broken almost instantly.

all this being said i dont claim to be some great PVP engineer but it ofc makes sense, dead = no damage and teamplay = key

(and remember 2 dodges and your static discharge can become pretty much useless crippling the whole thing)

note: its quite a variable build so it isnt absoloute law some points can be changed for boon removal/vigor gain and such if you feel that is necessary

(edited by Stalima.5490)

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Sorry Stalima, but your build will not remotely touch the damage that the standard SD discharge will do. Not even close in my opinion.

And as far as

remember 2 dodges and your static discharge can become pretty much useless crippling the whole thing

That is a pointless argument. The easy counter statement to that is to simply not blindly spam your burst abilities while someone is dodging.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Casia.4281

yeah. I love hgh builds. but there are somethings people need to remember. skills have casting times. Elixirs are not instant. hgh builds will largely be about team cleansing with 409. its a DEFENSIVE build. not offensive one. you will spend alot of time using elixirs, that wont be spend damaging. I didn’t/dont run alch for hgh. I do it for 409.
And again, yeah. throw wrench is like a 15s cd. surprise shot is a 7s cd. rocket kick 15s.
Even if 1 SD gets dodged or blocked. you are not dead in the water for 40s.
A key component of SD is that its NOT a huge cooldown. That it IS constantly there, and you can spam it all day.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0picHxy3F17IyoHdGpJaiKkffewWtFEC-j0xAY/gQWCSyrIasthioxqrxUuER127ioVLFwoCjA-w

This has been what I’ve ran the past 2-3 months now. Its not the traditional static discharge build, but it doesn’t have to be with 120% crit damage you can basically magnet/grenade barrage/blunderbuss people for 90% of their health. Not only that, but the grenades really allow you to put out a ton of ranged pressure without getting close, also works great for keeping pressure on walls at least in WvW. Jumpshot will routinely hit anywhere from 7-10k on lower armored targets. I either play it with rocket boots or slick shoes, slick shoes being an idea I took from Chaith, and it really works great for locking people down. Downside to it is the longer CD.

SD is cool, but its a little to easy to dodge imo. Throw in nades and it seems to get a little bit better at least imo.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

End regen is capped at 100%. There is no reason to take Adrenal Implant and have Invigorating Speed as Vigor already caps you at 100% regen.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

well for the sake of arguement how about we just combine HGH and static discharge into some sort of a super build i dunno? 20 firearms 30 alchemy 20 tools?

in Engineer

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

well for the sake of arguement how about we just combine HGH and static discharge into some sort of a super build i dunno? 20 firearms 30 alchemy 20 tools?

The problem is the cooldown on the elixirs means a severe hit to a SD build.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Engineer

Posted by: SeuRafinha.5924

SeuRafinha.5924

tried this Rifle SD build in pvp and it is amazing, so fun! Need to test in WvW now