in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

“Sees stealth gyro scampering nearby”

“Tells guild mates to bombard area with aoe”

“Everybody ded”

Yeah not your best idea Anet.

You could use it as a decoy in WvW.

In PVE you could combine it with elixir S for 10 seconds of usable stealth.

You just have to use a little ingenuity. Turn the weakness into a strength.

You could use it to run around WvW alone because roaming thieves will be scared to attack it. They don’t know whether you are alone, or in a group. And if they give themselves up by attacking it, you get the opening strike on them. And they are screwed because you can just reveal them if they try to stealth and run away.

Stealth gyro in a nut shell

in Engineer

Posted by: ChainedOne.7369

ChainedOne.7369

Ya I am going to disagree. I think from a WvW perspective the Stealth Gyro is an amazing ability, and one that will see a heavy amount of use. This assumes that they do not add a number of players cap to the stealth component.

4 seconds is plenty of time to have the group pull off the engineer and attack from another direction while the engineer continues on the same path, perhaps even drawing out some attacks. Of course, the ability itself constantly stacks stealth, so sitting in it for a while will be even stronger than a veil.

Is it super strong in PvE? No not really but lots of stealth skills are that way. I believe it will see great use in PvP/WvW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

It is instant on a 30 sec cooldown, great for stomping, ressing or avoiding damage when you are CCed. It probably won’t be used like a Gyro, but that is the only way gyros can be usefull at the moment.

Also, have 2 scrappers and they will probably stealth eachother. 4 scrappers and they can cover eachothers downtime. It probably have a target cap of 5, so that would be your whole perma stealth group.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Can you stealth sneak gyro with toss elixir s?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

It is instant on a 30 sec cooldown, great for stomping, ressing or avoiding damage when you are CCed. It probably won’t be used like a Gyro, but that is the only way gyros can be usefull at the moment.

Also, have 2 scrappers and they will probably stealth eachother. 4 scrappers and they can cover eachothers downtime. It probably have a target cap of 5, so that would be your whole perma stealth group.

I am not trying to say its bad but, it really doesn’t have a place. Between Elixir S, Elixir S: Tool-belt, and Function Gyro, Stomping and Resurrecting is covered. I really would rather not go into detail before trying it out but…

Initial thoughts on all the gyros is “Pretty Bad”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Imo the sneak gyro is more of a… surprise bag of hurt. You know something is coming.. you just dont know what and how many.. and if they are even coming all with the scrapper or split up and flank…or whatever else is going on under the shroud of the gyro, might be some scrapper rezzing an ally…or a couple of dudes buffing themselfes to hercules levels….or nothing at all and the scrapper is just a kitten and distracts you from the real threat. Also eventually the scrapper will reach you…nuke the darn thing, stun your face off and then you might be in a world of hurt.

Not sure bout pvp.. but i frankly dont give a darn about that mode. Bad enough that all my nice things hang in the nightmarish shadow of pvp that can strike with nerfs anytime again in the near future cause somebody screamed bloody murder.

Pve…ehhh.. might need some thing where it doesnt aggro enemies or got some form of self stealth for a brief time to make it work proper…but lets see what comes

in Engineer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

That’s… An interesting idea

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

That’s… An interesting idea

I think you can, aslong as you won’t hit 5 party members with it :P

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

its a brilliant idea and I like it, all stealth should be similar to it, say displaying where the player was every 2 seconds ago? instead of just boom gone can travel half the map and run out of combat >> PU mesmer <<

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Personally I think this is the best example of what the issue with Stealth Gyro is. For anyone not in the know, that is the Megadoomer from Invader Zim. It has a cloaking device, but the cloaking device doesn’t cloak the pilot inside the robot.

Personally I don’t like the stealth gyro either. I’d rather have something that performs well than something that performs poorly but I can work around its poor play. I.E. I’d rather have a thief stealth a group of people long enough to take them by surprise then have multiple Stealth Gyros to try and play the mind-game version of three card monte. Or coin flip. Depends on how many Engi’s you dedicate tot he cause.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

I think you guys are Under estimating just how strong stealth gryo actually is and limiting yourselves to such narrow situations of pre-emptive stealth applications.

You can potentially use it to stealth an ally to prevent his stomp to revive him, you can do your ideas of elixer s + this guy for long duration stelaths, or you can simply let it run during a fight.

If you let it run during a fight and go in and out of stealth breaking target locks which can really throw off some players, giving yourself a chance to heal, and allow for irregular movement in the moments between when your in and out. it would work better in non-spam builds but using it to stop a shatter or a kill shot could be great.

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“Everybody ded”

Same with shadow refuge and it doesn’t seem to have that much effect.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Stealth Gyro will be incredibly strong, 30s of pulsing mobile stealth will give you a huge advantage in both pve and pvp. There are many strong applications this will have for team based play, like being backline in a team fight and someone retreating into your stealth field to disengage.

Even if Stealth Gyro dies within 15k hp, that will be enough if the Scrapper can manage it correctly.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

If (and this is a big “if”) they have programmed it right, quickness/alacrity should make the gyro apply stealth faster. So having a mesmer/guardian apply it to the gyro can help building up tons of stealth for skipping in dungeons, kinda like shadow refuge.

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Quickness decreases cast time, if it’s the cooldown limiting the application quickness won’t help, and you need to be running in less than 5 man parties for buffs to not be given party member priority, so alacrity is out unless you’re willing to give up one of your team members. Might as well blast a smoke bomb in half the time and toss elixir s as you run.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

If you let it run during a fight and go in and out of stealth breaking target locks which can really throw off some players, giving yourself a chance to heal, and allow for irregular movement in the moments between when your in and out. it would work better in non-spam builds but using it to stop a shatter or a kill shot could be great.

+1 for bringing this up, I hadn’t considered it. This is a great use of the stealth gyro (with the disclaimer that all gyros have, as long as it isn’t made of wet paper).

It’s irritating when a good ranger knows how to time their stealths and pet taunts. I would imagine using the SG in the middle of a fight would yield similar results.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Leon Heart XIII.4609

Leon Heart XIII.4609

“Everybody ded”

Same with shadow refuge and it doesn’t seem to have that much effect.

At least with shadow refuge you don’t have a big blinking indicator following you saying "Hey! We’re over here!

The more I think about it the funnier it gets, lol. But I can’t wait for the next beta test to use it in action to see how useful/useless it is.

(edited by Leon Heart XIII.4609)

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

It gives 4 second stealth, so use it destroy it and you have 4 second stealth and none can see where you are.

We engis must be inventive with our tools

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]