Still waiting for our hammers

in Engineer

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

So it was roughly a year ago that I saw a video with the lead designer on guild wars 2, saying in the interview, and I quote: “Want to use a hammer with your engineer? Check”.

I’ve felt like a hammer as a usable weapon for Engineer has been missing from the start, and I see there are not alot of posts lately about it, though its been mentioned alot before.

So yeah, If engineers could get our promised hammers sometime soon…I would be so happy.

Anyone heard any news of when these promised new weapon choices for classes are to be released?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its not so long devs said they looking into way how to add all weapons to all classes I hope they dont forget on it:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’d like to be able to use a mace tbh. I want to use the “Fix Upper”, a mace clearly made for engineers

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

I would like Anet to see do something! We are so out of current meta! Some hamsters make decent builds but we are way off! Our auto attacks need serious buffs.

in Engineer

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’d like to be able to use a mace tbh. I want to use the “Fix Upper”, a mace clearly made for engineers

Isn’t that the same weapon as the auto attack weapon from the tool kit?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Isn’t that the same weapon as the auto attack weapon from the tool kit?

yea is. But there are ppl who dont like the toolkit (me included)

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

In PvP and WvW it’s a great condition tool, aswell grants you good cc and utility. In PvE it has some good uses like against Mye Trin or however she is called (fractale aetherblade endboss). It’s situational but useful.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I think tool kit aa is pretty hilarious against a necro or ranger when you got power wrench on. I’ve had them try to bunny hop away from the perma cripple its lol worthy. Otherwise it makes a horrible melee weapon, but still a good utility kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I think tool kit aa is pretty hilarious against a necro or ranger when you got power wrench on. I’ve had them try to bunny hop away from the perma cripple its lol worthy. Otherwise it makes a horrible melee weapon, but still a good utility kit

Yea its the “horrible melee weapon” part that personally makes me avoid the kit most of the time. I will not lie that “the mighty gear shield of infinite nope©” makes my life a LOT easier for certain PVE related situations, also the magnet is really nice to have arround to get a certain foe out of a mob but yea… bout time to have a proper melee weapon to open up new builds and playstyles for the class lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Wrench actually does pretty good damage in power builds, but yeah.. it’s much easier just to use Rifle and you get better slots on it also.

I would like Anet to see do something! We are so out of current meta! Some hamsters make decent builds but we are way off! Our auto attacks need serious buffs.

Engineer’s have several kits, our auto-attacks aren’t meant to be on par with other classes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Wrench actually does pretty good damage in power builds, but yeah.. it’s much easier just to use Rifle and you get better slots on it also.

Engineer’s have several kits, our auto-attacks aren’t meant to be on par with other classes.

Nope, they aren’t, even if the Engineer doesn’t even have a Kit slotted to begin with, but that’s okay, right? It’s not like it punishes people for deciding to not take an optional utility skill or anything. </sarcasm>

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

idk about that…hipshot, bomb, tranquilizer dart and nade are pretty good aa

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If anything, it is quite the opposite – due to kits, to strive for sustained damage, the bulk of damage must be in the autoattacks – for they are the ones that will be constantly used (obviously, as there is no cooldown) and having some supporting or damaging conditions on the other skills (since conditions are already a form of sustained damage).
That way, an high power gives sustained damage via autoattack spam, while conditions can do so by using the other weapon skills.
Having a good amount of skills with high direct damage on the various kits would be a balancing nightmare, due to the possibility of chaining them via kit swap. And that’s why we don’t have them, and we’re rather relying on sustained damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Hammer, torch, maybe even mace.

A melee option for 2 handed, main hand and offhand would be nice instead of the only ranged options we have now.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I want one handed cross bows. Preferably more power oriented. I would love a direct damage oriented MH weapon to go with my shield.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

I want one handed cross bows. Preferably more power oriented. I would love a direct damage oriented MH weapon to go with my shield.

I’ve been dreaming about 1h xbows for awhile.. i’d love that as much as a lethal stun-baton like weapon as well.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I have a feeling we are going to get new weapons as part of the living story, irl my gut feelings like this is normally right so cross your fingers for me yea.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

idk about that…hipshot, bomb, tranquilizer dart and nade are pretty good aa

Hipshot is sunk into heavies. My post was ment for organized zerg wvw battles. (Thus our condis are useless) Current meta is stun fest and power crit ppl down. We are so far behind in this. My best wish would be that ANet makes the game more intelligent so it would suite versatile engineer but i doubt it. We need more power and working FT. Juggernaut nerf was done so early that they didn’t realize what they did to us.

in Engineer

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

I would like to see more power to the engineer if anything before any weapons were introduced. Kits are all fine but the tool kit I really can’t stand. WE have weapons, weapons are in the game so why should any build be dependent on kits if we wish more build diversity. Build diversity cannot happen if 50% of its weapon choice is limited and subject to poor damage variables. There is also degree of time delay to kits which are often life or death situations. by the time the kit is swapped and skill is pressed, another class already has its secondary skills there ready and placed by the time a kit is opened. So yes if we were to have new weapons we would need damage ramped up to diversify builds. Our condition damage on pistols are awful, even with 1600 CD damage they are no where on par to where they should be to be in some sort of standing table.

But on the subject of weapons I would like to see hammer and short bow passed to engineer. The possibilities for short bow with explosive shots, concussion arrowheads and a brilliant stun etc. Yeah maybe we have some of those kind of ideas on pistol but pistol damage is not worth printing on paper how poor it is. If the devs are talking we are hard countered by most things is due to the nerfs they place on the class. Start by giving it incredible damage to balance its medium armor and lets have some weapon choice please.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)