Stop Flamethrower from resetting to conv weap

in Engineer

Posted by: wilem.9635

wilem.9635

I run with flamethrower all the time. If I go underwater and back I get reverted to rifle. If I automatically drink elixir that shrinks me to avoid death, I get reverted to rifle when I unshrink. If I change map, I get reverted back to rifle.

This is truly annoying.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

God forbid you actually need to play the game.

in Engineer

wilem.9635

I know, right! Trying to play the actual game and getting this annoying behavior instead.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Having the certainty that when I come out of “Self-Regulating Defenses” i’ll have my main weapon equiped is actually pretty sweet, that way I know which buttons to press when I come out of it (eg. >dodge>toolkit>block). I think it’s easy to miss which kit you were in when the trait proc’ed.

in Engineer

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Having the certainty that when I come out of “Self-Regulating Defenses” i’ll have my main weapon equiped is actually pretty sweet, that way I know which buttons to press when I come out of it (eg. >dodge>toolkit>block). I think it’s easy to miss which kit you were in when the trait proc’ed.

Exactly. Plus: even if you still want your previous kit back it has no CD. You are one button press away from restoring the former situation.
@OP: I know it’s annoying at times, but it’s part of playing the engineer. Be happy that they aren’t conjured weapons with 30s+ CD.

in Engineer

wilem.9635

Make it a gameplay setting.

Something like “[x] Automatically equip last engineer kit that you used but didn’t explicitly unequip.”

(edited by wilem.9635)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Please fix those 100 things that are more broken with engie first?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

It’s not a bug. It’s the way the game treats kits. Kits are bundles, like conjured weapons, banners, or environmental weapons. Our weapon “swap” functions as a drop bundle