Stop making us hide our weapons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I recently made the Predator (finally, only took me 2 and a 1/2 years, lol) and it reminded me of this issue.

With the removal of hobosacks, this is the perfect time to also make it so our weapons, and consequently legendary auras, don’t get hidden when we are using kits. It would be really nice to see them stowed when we are using a kit, and would also be very beneficial for our opponents in PvP. Fighting an engineer using pistol shield is different from fighting one using a rifle, and being able to see which of those weapons the engineer is using while a kit is equipped is very important.

…..and yes, I also just want to have my awesome Legendary aura while I’m using a kit. Seriously, look at it! Why would I ever want to hide this?:

Attachments:

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Because you get to abuse on swap burst aura burst ;o!

in Engineer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I agree with this notion :o, let us stow!

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I would be glad with just the aura. You don’t need visual indication of what weapon an engi is using though.

in Engineer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Not about visual cue for me, I would just like to see the rifle on my Charr’s back mid kit, purely cosmetic venture in my eyes :P

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

I really love the idea of seeing weapon stowed while in new kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: xZyemto.3928

xZyemto.3928

It’d be very cool..

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteGlint.4897

WhiteGlint.4897

Sorry, I coul not resist. xD

Obs.: I main an engi too i find it a very good idea!

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if you dont know which weapon set an engi is using within the first 5 seconds, one of the two of you is bad :P

that said, people constantly ask me how im glowing when im semi afk wherever with a kit out, so theres a visual bug that you can use as a tell if the engi has pred or quip whether he has a kit out or not.

i think it doesnt show for the owners client perhaps because… maybe the other person loaded my character model while the kit was equipped, so it adds the aura because their client knows i have predator, regardless of kit. but im really not supposed to have the aura while the kit is out so it doesnt show on my screen because my client got the “swapped to a kit” packet that also turns the aura off.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions