Streaming Solo WvW Engi for 8 hours!

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

I am sir_koroshi, I have been streaming since the end of february it has been a lot of fun. I play on Desolation EU and Fort Aspenwood NA. I started out with streaming thief gameplay only, but then I discovered the Engineer. Today I will be streaming for about 8 hours of engineer solo roaming gameplay. My main focus of the stream is WvW gameplay only.

Come and join. Will be starting on EU Desolation, later today will jump over on fort aspenwood.

http://www.twitch.tv/sir_koroshi

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Hey guys would just like to say I’ve watched his stream and he’s a lot of fun to watch. Very interesting build and roams as an engi, good personality and doesn’t rage at all, worth checking out

in Engineer

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

I just watched for a little bit and now I have a few ideas for skill combinations to play around with. Thanks!

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Another great positive Engineer community post!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Very nice stream and great commentary! You seem to love duels as much as any good engineer. Excellent job considering your engineer is just level 41.

I have also been doing hundreds hours of solo WvWvW play on Desolation.

My build is a similar, except I use rifle and don’t use the toolkit. I think toolkit is great, but it just didn’t fit in, because I love the elixir gun (= guardian killer ). I can sometimes stay alive for hours upon hours, despite I have no other ways to survive the big enemy group vs me alone except perma swiftness + 4 dodges in a row (elixir R) and couple of defensive traits (protection helps a lot, protection > armor) and boons like aegis, retaliation etc. (yes, I got ’em as well). Usually when I die, it is a zerg situation or 1 vs enemy roaming team. Sometimes an entire enemy zerg (20+) chase me half of the map and I still get away.

Underwater is the easiest, despite my runes and one trait are bugged there. Few enemy challenge me into fight, but generally lose. Most enemies just flee when they see me underwater.

And even if I die, I usually get to revenge it quickly. I just pop on the commander tag or tell in map chat / private message the main commander about the enemy roaming team / zerg location. Soon I will be collecting loot bags from the corpses, who just killed me. Oh that sweet revenge. It is also great fun to act as a bait. I quite often also run in a pair, but my pair isn’t usually next to me, so enemy thinks I am alone… oh boy they get ganked so bad, it is fun.

When I get a new computer, I might also consider to stream / record some plays if you are interest to see a crazy engineer dive through enemy zergs, cap objectives alone. My current and old computer will probably crash if I try anything like that.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

How does the elixir gun work against guardians? I am not doubting the statement I am just not familiar with it and trying to learn all I can.

in Engineer

koroshi.2658

Thanks for coming everyone, had to cut the stream short 2 hours before I wanted to. Internet crashed on me. Will be streaming more tomorow <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

How does the elixir gun work against guardians? I am not doubting the statement I am just not familiar with it and trying to learn all I can.

Haven’t watched the video but I’m guessing Poison. Poison cuts healing in half so against a Guardian it’s mad effective.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Haven’t watched the video but I’m guessing Poison. Poison cuts healing in half so against a Guardian it’s mad effective.

Thank you, that would make sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Poison cuts healing in half so against a Guardian it’s mad effective.

Not half. 33% reduction.
See: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Yea poison from Nades, Pistol and EG… keeps the pressure on them. I watched some of the stream. It was good stuff.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The weakness from elixir gun auto attack is also really good for stopping guardians, since they are usually traited for a pretty big heal on every dodge roll.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

It doesn’t work. It’s cool that you can reduce the endurance regen but that’s all you’re going to do and will only have a very little impact now that Anet fixed the condition duration tweaks on Rifled Barrels.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

First of all: I use a build which gives me +50% condition duration. With rare veggie pizza I could ramp it up to +90%, but I haven’t so far bothered with that, since this seems to work already well enough.

I don’t just use the elixir gun, even though it will be the main weapon. I use main the autoattack, which does pretty low direct damage, but gives both bleed + weakness, attack #2 elixir F to slow him down. I also use rifle #2 (net shot), plus use my perma swiftness etc. to run ahead of him / jump shot to him, knock him back with overcharged shot when stability is not up. Furnigate is sort of nice embellishment (use it when you can). I might even use a freeze grenade or supply crate. The main thing is to stop the guardian. He can cleanse conditions, but not as fast as I can reapply them.

If the guardian decides to fight me, I am sure to keep distance as ranged attacks are one of the few weaknesses guardian has. His ranged attacks are easy to dodge or even just strafe away from the slow moving projectiles. Many guardians use PVT and/or cleric gear. This means they don’t have much points put to precision. Perma weakness means that half of his attacks are gonna be glancing blows (unless he crits) = 50% damage nerf. Weakness also limits his dodging. He might be able to land a blow on me once in a while using his pulls. But I have a total of 7 healing skills, which increase my health, plus several sources of passive heal (= good way to frustrate enemy to see that the damage they put on your gets quickly healed over and over again). If he is a bunker guardian (most are), he is not gonna able to do so much damage that I wouldn’t be able to heal it. Note, that I am NOT running a condition build, nor using pistols. I use balanced stats (in fact I wish I could buy / get ascended items to get even more balanced stats). I feel that this balanced stat distribution (pretty much “wasting” your points to all sorts of stats), is actually very good for all around stuff engi.

Summary: +50% condition duration + tranquilizer dart (EG #1) is murder against guardians. And it still works after the recent patches:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tranquilizer_Dart

I don’t remember losing a duel with a bunker guardian using that strategy.

Those guardians who are running berserker gear are actually the most dangerous as they can really hurt if they get to hit you. They are still more durable than the zerger warriors. I think the record (for me) to down a guardian was 3.5 seconds or so, but Aegis wasn’t up. But back then I had a different, totally glass cannon build, which could kill a thief in 1.5 second. I am sure you got better insta gib builds, but I am not sure how well those would hold up in 2 vs 1 situations which are very common for solo roamers. E.g. two enemy thieves both attacking you at same time.

Today I was solo roaming 5 hours in Desolation BL. I capped a few towers with the PuGs and wiped one enemy team trying to cap ours, but >90% time I was playing alone, nobody from our side within minimap range, but I kept our commander informed of enemy movements. After 5 hours I finally died when I was typing a chat message and a 20 man zerg overrun me. GG :-)

PS. Desolation players, if you want fast WXP and about 0.5 g/h from WvWvW without following the karma train, join my roaming. Even upleveled characters or newbies are fine.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Engineer

koroshi.2658

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Nice!

15 char filler…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast