Success using "flame-scrapper" in WvW?

in Engineer

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

What is the main objective of this build exactly?

Roaming?

in Engineer

skystorm.9280

yup pretty much

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

So then what is your main issue? Damage? Defense? I mean I know what I would change but that’s my natural playstyle so it probably wouldn’t help. It depends on what you want more of.

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would imagine defence is the main problem with such a build. For roaming I use a similar build to the PvP build. I can only find a use for FT in PvE.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

skystorm.9280

@DGraves yea man defense – damage is great really. It can get me by for a while but if a fight goes for too long im just screwed really.

@Morrolan yup its great in pve.

please post your builds to share with me or anyone who cares to peek – im really curious and would love to see what changes ppl make.

in Engineer

Posted by: stoneshank.4538

stoneshank.4538

Ok, take this for what it is, I’m not a famous roamer dropping gold here, just what I would test.

Seeing as you went HGH, Id try:

Considered trying Elixir H instead? Would give you some additional damage mitigation from toolbelt skill, vigor and regen being alternative and still ok. Elixir U for stunbreak (long cd) together with some extra pressure, Toolbelt giving some protection from ranged. Could use EG for traditionally strong options. At the same time I’m no fan of Elixir S, happened too often that i lost my rythm with it proccing off, I personally prefer back pack regenerator.

Hammer: might be way off, as far as advice go, but i am leaning more and more towards rifle instead, I find it way better to quickswitch and back to FT with cc or burst than Hammer which most players seems to have a very good idea what is comming even if it don’t always save them. If so, I’d take the hit from less fury uptime – even though hidden flask will help your Elixir B on toolbar – (and less use of Impact Savant offensively) and use Skilled marksman for lowered cd’s and also switch to Recovery Matrix instead of Perfectly Weighted (again more Protection uptime).

I kinda fell off the wvw wagon after a long break so not sure how valid it is for solo non pve content but I find that with the high stacks of might you get while running FT main, damage isn’t an issue (caveat; I, as i dont wvw much, run with applied force)

Would end up with something like this: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTB1ahtoCWXBEqil7iCcBLgAge1j9ZX8g+hcA-TlCFQBKUZg+UrwQqqAgLAA72fgAPAAsoEsJKFQiSO1pDozgAwEAYbbrtJNSBUxOL-w

Elixir U incase 10 seconds longer cd on stunbreak is a fair trade. Again, maybe Hammer joined with Healing turret is too good defensively to leave behind?

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

I played around with it and realized it’s just a playstyle thing. I went defensive and just ran knights with rune of the scrapper. It did surprisingly well. I presume if I had paladin’s armor it would do better, but I don’t, so I can’t tell you. The utilities are something one just does on their own imo.