[Suggestion] Add Resistance to S-RD trait

in Engineer

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Talking about the Self-Regulating Defenses trait in Tier-2 Alchemy as well as the Resistance Boon that prevent conditions effects while the boon last.
Please? Right now, Tier 2 Alchemy Traits feels very underwhelming.
The first and third traits are specific to kits.
The second trait, Self-Regulating Defenses, is a two-edged sword that most likely will screw you over more than it will save you.

The Elixir S apply itself almost always at the worst possible moment, when you are casting a heal, often ending up dying inside of the Elixir S because of conditions.
It feel punishing to take the trait and I personally even considered using one of the other two trait even if I don’t use a kit in my build just so I don’t get screwed by something I can’t control.

Would it be too much to add a 3 seconds Resistance Boon to the trait? Or 2.5 seconds Resistance with a 0.5 second reduction on the Elixir S if it’s too powerful?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

alchemy is already overpowered.
resistance would be way too much.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

Alchemy is overused, but I think OP still makes a great point. In the old days, before condition stacking, this trait didn’t so much have this problem. They introduced the resistance boon for that exact reason, and I don’t think it’s really a bad idea. Alchemy is over-used not as much because it is completely OP, but because alternatives like tools, firearms, and explosives are situational at best. Really it’s those trait lines that need to be reworked to make them more attractive. Adding resistance, even just a bit, I think might be a good thing. As OP says, this trait as is often spells death versus condi opponents with damaging conditions stacking the way they do.

Edit: I think it’s also worth pointing out that the only access engineer/scrapper has to resistance right now is the medkit, which is pretty much a joke. So giving a little more access would be good. Then again, alchemy is currently the only real source of condi removal, so I guess it would really be best to put resistance access in another trait line…

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

(edited by Goosekilla.2796)

in Engineer

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

alchemy is already overpowered.
resistance would be way too much.

I’d argue it’s the other specializations that suck so bad it make Alchemy the only viable one, but that would be beside the point.

It wouldn’t be too much if they reduced the duration on the Elixir S granted by Self-Regulating Defenses.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Conditions should just not tick whilst ppl are invuln. If you still have the condis on you when you come out of invuln they should start ticking again.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I disagree with making engineers even more focused/carried on/by passives. The other two tier 2 traits in alchemy are definitely not bad picks either they just don’t work as effectively in this meta.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Engineers are pigeonholed into Alchemy because it’s the only trait line that offers any kind of condition removal. It also beefs up the only worthwhile skills the Engineer has that has condition removal (Elixir Gun, Elixir C and other Elixirs, Mortar). So no the Alchemy line doesn’t need any more buffs, especially buffs that deal with condition management. Elixir S is annoying when it pops and you die to condis, but you conveniently forget the times where some Revenant jumps on you and would probably have one shot you if not for S.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Here is a suggestion for basicly every Scrapper out in Pvp:

drop Elixir S trait and take inversion enzyme!!

In time fights it lets you support your team so much. If there an enemy reaper —> chill --> turn in resistance

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

Here is a suggestion for basicly every Scrapper out in Pvp:

drop Elixir S trait and take inversion enzyme!!

In time fights it lets you support your team so much. If there an enemy reaper —> chill --> turn in resistance

It’s too bad you can’t use fumigate on self. It’s kind of stupid, because for example ele water dagger 2 can heal self if you run forward into it. Actually medkit could really use this functionality fix as well. It’s an inconsistent game mechanic. Although as I and someone else already noted, buffs to alchemy/elixir condi removal in general wouldn’t be good for build diversity. Add resistance to some gadgets (utility goggles?)

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I’d argue it’s the other specializations that suck so bad it make Alchemy the only viable one, but that would be beside the point.

It wouldn’t be too much if they reduced the duration on the Elixir S granted by Self-Regulating Defenses.

we’re in a sad state of meta where anything not overpowered is considered bad. engi does not need more passives, especially in the alchemy traitline.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

we’re in a sad state of meta where anything not overpowered is considered bad. engi does not need more passives, especially in the alchemy traitline.

You make a good point, although the implied statement here that elixirs trait line is OP I think I’d off base. It’s required right now because it’s the only way engineer has to fight condis. Otherwise it’s a pretty balanced line.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]