Suggestion: Harmonize _Cancel Attack_

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

We all know it’s very important to cancel ability activations and auto-attacks on certain conditions. Like receiving a big confusion stack or seeing retaliation pop up while using an AoE and/or channeled attack. Ouch!

At the moment regular weapons and slot skills are reliably stopped with Stow Weapon. Kits are treated differently, as bundles, so their activations/auto-attacks require us to “drop” them with Switch weapon. Often enough it fails bc the toon just ran over an unevenness and “You cannot drop bundles while in the air”.

So, as a small QoL improvement, pretty please let us at least stop activations/auto-attacks on bundles with Stow Weapon as well.
And, if still time, let us switch from kits to weapons while “in the air”. No other class is hindered from switching just bc they ran over a pebble stone. In a competitive situation this annoyance can break your toon’s neck.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

If you didn’t know you can rebind escape which will cancel everything reliably.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I would certainly use escape if it did not also cancel auto-run and pop the game menu. Ofc only if no ability build up / channel is active, which easily happens in combat and is quite disruptive.
Or is there a way to avoid this which escaped me?

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Engineer

Posted by: Barquiel.5610

Barquiel.5610

Some tips on this.
1. Make sure none of your attacks are set to auto attack.
2. Swap Weapon will cancel most Attacks.
3. EG 4 (Leap Backwards) CAN be canceled by hitting Swap Weapon while in the air. Yes a error code will pop but you will no longer jump back.
4. You can rebind Weapon Swap or the ESC button to other buttons.
5. You can make a macro the will stop all attacks ie. /stopattack however in this game you would have to make a script to stop all attacks you do. This does not break TOS as it only does one function ie. Stop attacking.

As for channel skill’s you either need to drop kit,wep swap, or hit esc to cancel the channel. That is unless you make a macro that can stop it with a click.

Either way good luck.

Potenkon Zombieland [WvW]

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Rather, make Stow Weapon work consistently. Right now it often requires multiple press to get your character to stop attacking even with normal weapons.
With conjured weapons or kits you have no way to stop attacking.