[Suggestion] Improving Flame Blast

in Engineer

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

Flame Blast is a really good damage skill, but it has fallen off the radar due to the difficulty to pull off the full damage. The skill has two portions: first, it comes out as a little orange ball that deals a little damage. Then, you get to detonate the ball for a hefty amount of damage.

This means that to get full use out of the skill, you’d have to shoot Flame Blast through the enemy first to get the first portion of the damage, then manually detonate the Fire Ball once it has passed through the enemy to get the second portion of the damage. Note that the detonation has a 240 radius, if you are too slow in detonating the explosion will miss the enemy. If you are too fast, only the second portion of the skill will hit the enemy.

The problem is Flame Blast doesn’t automatically detonate if it hits the ground or a wall. If the enemy has some kind of obstacle behind, Flame Blast will fizzle out on the obstacle without giving a chance for manual detonation.

I think that Flame Blast should automatically detonate if it hits an obstacle. This way you still get to manually detonate if you wish to, but it will no longer just fizzle out if it hits a wall. It will always grant the second portion portion of the damage (either manually or automatically detonated).

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Alot of skills suffer a similar wall problem. Think about throw wrench (it doesnt return if it hits a wall). So yes; all of these should be fixed.

One suggestion I would personally love even more for Flame Blast would be to give it a ground targeted marker just like with Lightning Orb (Tempest)

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Personally i would like to see all the damage from “Flame Blast” transfered to “Detonate Flame Blast” that would be a serious buff, because how often does the napalm ball actually fly through an enemy? not often enough (about half the time?) because its slow and people tend to move alot. Making the napalm ball detonate automatically on touch is actually a nerf imo since it can hit pets, npc’s (WvW), clones,…. possibly leaving the enemy player unharmed and even if it would detonate automatically on touch since its way to often unlikely to touch the enemy you are still either going to detonate it manually or fire and forget (let it detonate at the end of its trajectory).

The bug of hitting obstacles and not (being able to) detonate should have been fixed years ago already.

Flamethrower needs some compensation for the removal of “fireforged trigger” (EG and FT skill cooldown reduction) EG got alchemical tinctures and HGH but flamethrower was never compensated.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I would like to see it become something like rev hammer 2, but only with one explosion at front.

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

It should just detonate on enemy contact and transfer all damage to the detonation. Increase range of the blast to compensate for no longer passing through groups to 360.

Same effect. Easier to use.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

It should just detonate on enemy contact and transfer all damage to the detonation. Increase range of the blast to compensate for no longer passing through groups to 360.

Same effect. Easier to use.

That would be horrible against fighting ranger, mesmer and minionmancer tho >.>

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

It should work the same way as Phoenix (that ele fire scpeter skill) where its ground targeted. You still have to aim slightly behind your oponent to get maximum damage but it would be less buggy to use.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It works good, IMO, I’m quite used to position myself in a way that let me pass the fireball through as many mobs as possible, with the big baddie at the end, were I make it explode. PvE of course.

In fact, I usually deploy the Napalm over the mob “line” with the major target in one extreme, then run to be on the oposite side of the fire strip to launch the ball along it. That way, it damages multiple foes, explode in the main enemy, and get me area might.

Only thing they have to do is make it don’t “vanish” when in contact with inanimate objects. Either it explodes in contact whit them, or pass through (I’ll love this, I’m usually burning baddies from behind rocks, statues and walls…).

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks