[Suggestion] Increase Napalm's Hitbox Size

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

On Flamethrower, it’s very frustrating trying to land #2 as a blast finisher on #4 as a finisher mid-battle. The field’kittenbox being a very thin line coupled with #2 being a manual detonate means it’d practically impossible to land it from range.

It also has height problems where if you aim at a target that’s got a hitbox with a centre that’s too high off the ground, #2 just won’t hit because the ball is too high off the ground. It also means that if you’re a norn or a charr, you’ll have problems landing the finisher.

So the only way to land it reliably is to have no target selected, standing exactly on top of the fire field, and then make sure your camera is position at an angle that’s really not suitable for combat use. Very awkward and completely breaks the flow of the fight.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Personally, I would prefer to see it more like Dagger off hand elementalist skill, “ring of fire” and just land at your feet and put a ring around you. Personally I feel the ground targeting of this skill can go in that case.

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

Personally, I would prefer to see it more like Dagger off hand elementalist skill, “ring of fire” and just land at your feet and put a ring around you. Personally I feel the ground targeting of this skill can go in that case.

Well, the FT is a ranged weapon, so that wouldn’t make much sense. And throwing napalm at yourself seems pretty illogical as well.

A good replacement would be something like the warrior longbow’s burst skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Well, the FT is a ranged weapon, so that wouldn’t make much sense. And throwing napalm at yourself seems pretty illogical as well.

Umm, no, no it isn’t, at least not in my opinion. Not a single skill has a native range over 600. That is not “ranged” in my opinion. That is “medium” range at best, if you ask me. Which is also how the devs describe the profession themselves.

And seriously, do not try to bring real world logic into a fantasy genre game please.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Or just make it exploding from start? Since nobody uses it without detonating cuz it’s not worth it?

in Engineer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

i must admit i find napalm to be most useless in a battle save for might stacking not to mention its AOE is just awfull

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

i must admit i find napalm to be most useless in a battle save for might stacking not to mention its AOE is just awfull

In PvP and WvW, completely useless.

In PvE, it’s OK for might stacking with other skills like Acid Bomb or blowing up turrets, but since I think it’s pretty clear that the FT is supposed to have a self-synergy between #2 and #4, it really needs changing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Speak for yourselves. Napalm can and does take down targets that you need just a little more burst to take down and if players used it more consistently, it can rank up there with good DPS abilities because of it’s low cooldown.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

Speak for yourselves. Napalm can and does take down targets that you need just a little more burst to take down and if players used it more consistently, it can rank up there with good DPS abilities because of it’s low cooldown.

Ummm, we’re talking about the 30 CD fire field on the Flamethrower.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Ummm, we’re talking about the 30 CD fire field on the Flamethrower.

My bad I mixed the Flame blast with Napalm.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

I went and tested a whole load of enemies, everything from golems to flame legion, both using a norn and an Asura engineer.

The height of the fire field is so low that you just can’t land the blast finisher whilst having an enemy targeted.

The only reliable way to blast Napalm with #2 is to not target anything and have your camera at the right angle such that the ball doesn’t go into the ground. With an Asura, this is somewhat tolerable as you just need to tilt the camera slightly to pull a melee-range blast, but on a norn you need to pretty much change your camera angle to something you’d never use normally in a battle, which is awkward as heck and downright annoying.

I think this really needs a fix. Can we at least increase the height of the fire field so that you can blast it whilst having an enemy targeted to avoid having to pull ridiculous positions wih your camera?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Greetings everyone!

As I have already mentioned in another thread, it’s not about how wide the hitbox is, rather about how tall it is:

Attachments:

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

^ the height is more or less a bug because it simply renders the #2 blast finisher unusable when a target is selected and makes trying to blast it at all on norm/charr a complete pain. Unless they wanted to make us play the engineer like a badly-made TPS without a cross-hair, this really needs a fix/change.

The width is really just a design which I think should be changed. There’s nothing fundamentally broken about it unlike the height issue.

I think the engineer in general needs a look at in terms of bugs and things which ruins the gameplay. Correct me if Im wrong but doesn’t engis have the biggest number of bugs in the game?

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

nope, most classes have a couple of bugs.

while mesmers got hit the hardest by bugwars, thiefes have a reason to be only seen as backstabbing/heartseeking zerkers: literally every other skill experiences some kind of bug, and even their steal – the F1 mechanic – bugs out often enough.

Yes, engi has many bugs, but some of them are actually useful and the rest is not skill-breaking, just makes them annoying to be used at best. (exception: juggernaut – FIX IT)

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I agree about the ground targeting, it’s definitely needed.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

yes please…..i dont understand why sometimes when i detonate my flame blast ball…its out of reach when clearly it is within reach or nothing happens. Also, the smoke vent, please increase the radius. I find most of the time its barely working and i know for a fact the enemy is within the 130 range but yet nothing happens. looks like i just farted and got killed for it.

(edited by lchan.2169)

in Engineer

Xae Isareth.1364

^ the smoke vent is very useful as a panic button when you get disabled. Since its an instacast and switching kits is also instant, it’ll save your kitten a lot of times in PvE.

In fact, due to us having to blast the fire field in bloody skin-close melee range, it’s also very useful to just AoE blind a group if trash so you don’t get ripped apart when you walk right into the middle of the lot to blast your field.

But for the love of all things sane, can we just make #2 a TAoE like pheonix (w/o the return ofc) if upping the height isnt possible?