Suggestion: Machine gun burst and Travel Kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I love playing the engineer/scrapper but I really wish they would make some improvements on them. I think the lack of a quick long range weapon is a big limitation. I think one way they could fix this and enhance the scrapper aspect is to move the jump shot off the rifle, 2-4 skills to 3-5 then put a machine gun burst as 2. Hip shot needs to be quicker too. Of course the range needs to be extended.

To keep the jump shot I would like to see them place it on a travel kit maybe replacing the rocket boots. Here’s a suggestion for that kit.

1. single shot – draw hidden pistol
2. standing jump – jump straight up high enough to activate glider otherwise landing back down to do damage like jump shot does.
3. rocket boot – basically same as rocket boots
4. jump shot – extended to be more like the one on the experimental rifle
5. evasion drones – deploys 6 tiny drones that distract and confuse the enemy with low level attacks and smoke screen.

It could still have the boot kick.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Removing mobility, leapfinisher and non projectile damage skill from rifle in exchange for just a projectile damage skill? no thanks

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Removing mobility, leapfinisher and non projectile damage skill from rifle in exchange for just a damage skill? no thanks

Kits are easily activated and deactivated with little recharge time as anyone that uses the flamethrower knows.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Removing mobility, leapfinisher and non projectile damage skill from rifle in exchange for just a damage skill? no thanks

Kits are easily activated and deactivated with little recharge time as anyone that uses the flamethrower knows.

What has that to do with anything i said?

You are asking for/suggesting a rifle nerf.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

… put a machine gun burst as 2…

I want my engie to scream “Lock and Load!” and then burst a machine gun barrage from his riffle. the burst semi rotates in a frontal arc with 10-15 hits per second (you better dont hit anything with retaliation) and channels on for 4 secs (1 sec each arc, 1/2 sec pre cast, 1/2 sec post-cast) with 10 secs CD. Interrupting the skill channel reduces the CD.

Predator special particles and sounds need to apply.

And tons of the empty round fall sounds

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Adding a Machine Gun kit sounds a more efficient way to get what you ask, OP.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

Hmm, y’all can play with machine gun kit. I prefer a bazooka for engineer. Or they can just give us new specialized trait called Mercenary and we can play with all army kit,i.e. bazooka kit, assault rifle kit, drone kit, shotgun kit, crossbow kit, even missile barrage from pact ship as an elite skill. There’s lot of idea for engineer because we use technology.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

Adding a Machine Gun kit sounds a more efficient way to get what you ask, OP.

I agree.

Plus, I think Anet’s artists could come up with some really neat steampunk looking machine guns.

But personally, my biggest hope is that they move away from adding new kits and instead give us ways to customize the look of the current ones. Even just dye channels on weapons that carry over to the kits would be sufficient. That’s my personal desire, though.