[Suggestion] Static Discharge - PBAOE

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Please, turn static discharge into a point-blank AOE centered at the engineer (similar to Elementalists Arcane Wave).
As it is now its very unreliable and clunky.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I don’t think that will work. You see, it is still theoretically possible to play pistol or rifle in pvp. I know no one has done it in about a year, but bear with me here. If you are playing a ranged weapon/playstyle, you want static discharge to hit a ranged target when using a ranged toolbelt skill (eg. throw wrench).

in Engineer

Posted by: Josa.5067

Josa.5067

Or they could just make the projectile always home towards the enemy. Currently if you use a skill like Surprise Shot, the projectile will target the enemy. But if you use a ground targeted skill like Grenade Barrage, the projectile will fire towards the place you are looking at with your camera, and it will most likely miss your actual target.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Or they could just make the projectile always home towards the enemy. Currently if you use a skill like Surprise Shot, the projectile will target the enemy. But if you use a ground targeted skill like Grenade Barrage, the projectile will fire towards the place you are looking at with your camera, and it will most likely miss your actual target.

Changing SD to PBAoE would kill what’s left from rifle, but they should totally change the trait how Josa said. This behaviour is probably one of the weirdest skill behaviour among all classes…

in Engineer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Changing SD to PBAoE would kill what’s left from rifle, but they should totally change the trait how Josa said. This behaviour is probably one of the weirdest skill behaviour among all classes…

^this
i play my rifle SD engi every time i log on for a pvp play, it still kicks all kinda butt!

turning it into a PBAoE would kill that spec for me.

in Engineer

Posted by: demoned.5041

demoned.5041

I too, still play and love Static Discharge. It’s a shame that the predator projectile was broken on it after HOT, no more plasma machine gun action.