[Suggestion] Swap pistol #3 and pistol #4

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Just wanted to put that out again since it has been a while and another point for this came into mind recently.

The idea would be to swap Main Hand Pistol #3 (static shot) with Off Hand Pistol #4 (blowtorch).
This would make:
– MHPistol your condi dmg dealing weapon;
– OHPistol your soft CC (with a bit of condi) weapon;
– Pistol/Shield be a more useful set (shield still need a good – 20%- CD reduction);
– P/P would still be a useful full condi dps set (maybe increase the confusion on SS to 5 stacks);
– Future specs that include a MH weapon (power mobility sword? pls!?) can then choose the OH better (soft CC + condi or hard CC + defense)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Couldn’t agree more.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You would need to buff #5 to make it worth it as a condi option though. Add AoE torment or something maybe.

But it would be nice to equip the shield for once. As it is now, you only kitten yourself for very little added toughness. OH pistol is simply a requirement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You would need to buff #5 to make it worth it as a condi option though. Add AoE torment or something maybe.

But it would be nice to equip the shield for once. As it is now, you only kitten yourself for very little added toughness. OH pistol is simply a requirement.

Confusion and blind shouldn’t be discounted, static shot is still solid, just not as key to the pistol build as Blowtorch. I’d still usually run offhand pistol, Glue Shot is also solid as a CC option. Shield even with say a 20s/25s cooldown on the two skills would still have me usually opting for the offhand pistol unless I needed more defensives or hard CC with the knockback. For example on VG It’d be a tough decision, if I was on Greens I might go shield to knock seekers off, but keeping seekers immob/cripple/chilled is great as well (and very underrated by many Engi’s I see even if it means less damage, it’s also a much smoother run on a fight that honestly doesn’t demand that much dps).

in Engineer

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Pistol offhand would need help then. And Glue Shot needs a range increase.

Shield needs more than a 20% cooldown reduction too. It needs the Guardian Shield treatment.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I like this idea, it sucks when shield isn’t used because offhand pistol blowtorch is too good for damage. I like the shield skills but always sacrificing burn damage for it sucks. Since they are both share the same cooldown of 12 seconds, i don’t see any problems for this at all.

All i ask is to keep the 900 range on all pistol skills, that isn’t OP in any way…

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

lLobo.7960

Bump this for wednesday patch…

Cmon ANET!!! Its a quick fix, should be easy to do and would help core engi a LOT!

And reduce shield CD by 20% !

in Engineer

Posted by: Kenshi Maru.5489

Kenshi Maru.5489

This is by far the best suggestion I ever saw for engineer ever.

Man, being able to use shield would be awesome, especially without losing DPS.
I could even start to dream about using Shield main hand for the next elite.
I mean, if they swap the pistol skill Main hand shield offhand pistol would be really cool for a CC tank/zoner kind of elite spec hahaha.

We need something. We have the least variety in weapons in the game so far. Tied up with Revenants maybe. That class is just as kitten as engi are. One rushed to release the main game, the other rushed for the expansion.

in Engineer

lLobo.7960

Anet, cmon…
With the changes to blowtorch and glue shot this is even more needed.

Where is the purity of purpose??
pistol MH should be the condi weapon, pistil OH the soft CC weapon, shield the defense hard CC weapon…

- Swap blowtorch to MH Pistol #3.
– Swap static shot to OH Pistol #4, slightly increase the confusion stack.
– Add torment to OH Pistol #5.
– Reduce shield CD by 20%.

With this, Pistol MH is the condition weapon;
Pistol OH is the condition, soft CC AoE option; and
Shield is the defensive/ hard CC option.

PURITY OF PURPOSE!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

This. #5 is boring in PvE.

in Engineer

lLobo.7960

Can someone ask/suggest that on the redddit AMA coming up?
I might not be able to, due to timezone…