Suggestion for bomb kit (Short fuse trait)

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

Bombs are one of the last used kits. This is not my opinion only, reference this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/What-is-your-leasted-used-kit
The short fuse trait is very lacklustre; again, this has been voiced in this forum before. I think this trait should also make bombs unblockable. It wouldn’t be any more ridiculous than unblockable necro staff (which has 1200 range), and would add something to the traited kit that may actually make it attractive. It’s not the most exciting thing that could be done, but it’s very reasonable and simple to implement.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I like your suggestion.
Also let us throw bombs. Maybe a new grandmaster trait?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Wahoo!

I like the suggestion and I think it wouldn’t be op to have unblockable bombs. Yet I’m a PvE only player so I’m not sure how this auto would kill peps in PvP / WvW with an unblockable mode :s … But as you said – there are other professions with long ranged unblockable attacks…

About bombs being the “last used kit”, idk but it barely leaves the skillbar in PvE, for condi and power builds. It’s one of the strongest kits there, if not THE strongest.

And pls no throwing bombs … we’ve got nades already >_>

Greez!
- Ziggy

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

short fuse is a mainstay for condi engi……

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Short-fuse should just be eliminated. Bombs should just have longer durations and more pulses, period.

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

To clarify, I meant add unlockable in addition to the current functionality of the trait.
I guess I should also state that I meant with respect to PvP when I was talking down the kit. In pve it is awesome, and does see use. That’s another reason I think adding unlockable to the trait would be good: unlockable would make a significant difference in pvp (I think enough to make them a strong choice) while not making them too powerful in pve.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

That would still make it terrible. Bombs being unblockable is not really an issue. A strong kit engineer is never standing still and uses his bombs to either chase away or deter a chase so if your enemy is blocking your strikes it’s not going to last long enough to give rise to the change being interesting as counterplay.

It’s just a terrible trait and honestly they should go the way of the pistol and just include the functionality (pistol shots now explode and pierce natively) instead of trying to add a trait for it. In no way is bomb DPS actually increased because it just shortens the fuse but the original fuse and place time are the same so it shortens the compression window for short-term engagements.

No one worth their salt in any playmode (so not the AI) is going to stand there and let you do that to them blockable or otherwise.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Yea it’s not an issue agreed. It would be a “nice to have” thing tough. But rather for power than for condi, wenn you know “the next boss blocks much, lets take that trait and use bomb aa”. For condi I’d really like the suggestion DGraves made – 20% longer duration like other traits already do would be more more enjoyable.

Yet the shorter fuse time sometimes is indeed handy, especially for combos. Maybe a keep both? shorter fuse and longer duration? That’d be REALLY nice.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Yes please !!!!

in Engineer

Goosekilla.2796

Niche example, admittedly, but how about when rev does crystal hibernation? They are still and blocking, perfect time for this.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

It’s too niche. You cannot build a move around counterplay for one other move which is natural counterplay in and of itself. Crystal hibernation needs to work and it cannot fail against one of the engineers highest coefficient attacks in the game because it’s unblockable, an auto-attack, has no gimmick to trigger, and requires no CC to disrupt the move.

This is “OP” as they put it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Please give back healing bombs to make those viable again.
Upgrade the shrapnel trait from 15% to 50% chance to condies…

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

Please give back healing bombs to make those viable again.

Yes.

Upgrade the shrapnel trait from 15% to 50% chance to condies…

No.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I like the idea of making bombs unblockable. This would mean however that the current charge effect of short fuse should become baseline in my opinion.

I see people suggesting that healing bombs should come back. Please no. I’dd rather see the following:

• Explosive Powder Keg: CD removed.
  • Short Fuse: Remove the fuse reduction, make it baseline. New effect: unblockable.
  • Thermobaric Detonation: CD reduced to 2s.
  • Soothing Detonation: New formula: 500(0.8)
One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

DGraves.3720

1. EPK used to have no cooldown.
2. Bombs being unblockable is pointless.
3. TD is pointless.
4. Soothing Detonation is horrible.

Keep in mind that bombs do not in and of themselves trigger blast finishers. Only one bomb actually produces that effect and it’s a toolbelt skill.

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

EPK would be great if it would work with the bomb auto … just sayin … ;3

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

lol that would make engi so much better than a ps warrior.. i think

edit
er wait you mean the blast right xD

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

yea, still having an ICD for balance reasons, but proc it with bomb auto / maybe on kitten CD.