Suggestion, improvements to elixirs.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Cleaning formula 409, make it so it changes the toss elixirs an instant activation and effect an aoe around the engineer much like a shout but not effected by the runes, and now for some reasons why i think this isnt overpowered and an actual good addition to the engineer.

We will only have access to 3 trait lines, in order to get the advantage of HGH with this trait to provide good aoe boons and condi clear we need to take 2 utility trait lines and when we look at the inventions trait line we can easily see that it over shadows any other trait line in terms of support, with the addition of mortar kit we might finally be able to run 4 elixirs and use mortar for our backup damage and weapon swap for might and while i do plan on playing that it does lack alot in the areas of control and utility and support compared to a typical 2 kit engi build, so with the addition of better team support it opens the builds capability’s a bit more and imo would make not the best build to use but defiantly a fun and viable alternative which is never ever a bad thing

with this change somethings might be potentially overpowered like toss elixir R res field but the skill its self is way underused if my idear was to be added then it would be okay to nerf so it cannot fully res someone or even better it provides a 50%-100% bonus to res speed for so many seconds and clears a aoe condi and if traited with HGH gives 1 might which is okay because you can combo it nicely with other elixirs skills to gain a great advantage in ressing capability.

the only real problem is the Trait inertial converter, ive discussed in other posts about this trait and the new toolbelt/utilitys skills and how the trait should potentially be changed so any engineer build that uses tools wont be able to spam huge cooldown toolbelt skills at the start of the fight to gain an advantage because you will knowingly be able to use them again to save yourself and the best suggestion ive seen so far is reducing the CD of tool belt skills by a second when the condition is met which in turn would be more effective with short CD toolbelt skills and the builds that use them while only giving a nice advantage to other builds that arnt focused on toolbelt skills.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think there’s an argument to be made on improving the cast times of the tossed elixirs (i.e. shorter aftercast delay), but not one that you need to link to cleaning formula 409.

The only real improvement I’d make to cleaning formula 409 is that the utility skill elixirs (the ones you “drink”) remove two conditions per use instead of one.

As far as requiring two trait lines to get both HGH and cleaning formula 409, the real fix for that is to move cleaning formula 409 back into the alchemy line at the master position. There’s no reason I can conceive of as to why it was moved into tools at the grandmaster position other than they just needed to stick it somewhere for the time being. Having to take both alchemy and tools just to keep elixirs the same strength as they currently are would be an absolutely travesty to elixir builds everywhere.