Suggestion on Throw Mine...

in Engineer

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

I like the concept on the skill and Land Mine, but WvW-ers never pull it off pull in a group fight (or at least the skill FX are too small to notice…) my suggestions are…

Either change the throwing radius or fix the bug mentioned here
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Mine

Or change the name to proximity mine so you know it will blow up when someone or an NPC walks into the circle automatically

Or change the animation to have a more seeable graphic amidst all of the skill-storms within WvW.

Or change the skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What’s an example of that bug?

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

how much do you use the mine? i run it as a staple in my cele bomb build for pvp and it’s bugless and incredible. no one that i have given my build to has complained about it either (once I explained how to use it to maximum effectiveness). seriously underrated skill imo.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The only issue I’ve ever had with throw mine is that the trigger radius was always so small that I find I generally make better use of it as a “grenade” rather than a mine. That is, I toss it on top the enemy and immediately detonate it manually as opposed to having it lay around in wait.

The mine field is a similar case, most people will generally try to drop that on the enemy point blank so they all blow at once on the target and SD procs will hit.

It’s not that I haven’t made use of it by placing it down (i.e. works nice on backstab thieves), I just find it ends up being more optimal used as a CC combo extension rather than a defensive mechanism.

It’s also a little tougher to use it in WvW due to the open and mobile nature of the combat, but that’s just WvW for you. In actual fact, mine field can work quite nice in WvW because zergs will just run over it and take on massive boon strips on their front line.

in Engineer

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

how much do you use the mine? i run it as a staple in my cele bomb build for pvp and it’s bugless and incredible. no one that i have given my build to has complained about it either (once I explained how to use it to maximum effectiveness). seriously underrated skill imo.

I wouldn’t really call my build an official “build” since I’m trying to have fun. I typically run one kit, usually Flamethrower, one elixir, usually S for escapes or rocket boots, and the remaining one is open to really anything. I typically use either another elixer, or some form of AoE skill, Throw Mine being one of them. And I’m a WvW player. When I’m using that skill a lot of times I can’t tell if that skill is even going off. Or hitting anyone (pushing them away if my telltale sign.) Then there’s usually no blast animations when there’s a zerg vs zerg fight when skills are overlapping. So I thought this skill could be improved just a bit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Can anybody explain the bug? What is an example?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Can anybody explain the bug? What is an example?

The bug states “If this is placed below a character who was friendly and becomes an enemy, it will not automatically trigger”, but I don’t know why the OP cares to fix this. The only real situations this applies is during events or scripted events where an NPC may start friendly (i.e. to talk to), and then turn hostile afterwards.

It probably can also occur in PvP if you swap teams during a hotjoin match, but I can’t think of any other scenarios where it would cause any kind of potential problems.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I wouldn’t really call my build an official “build” since I’m trying to have fun. I typically run one kit, usually Flamethrower, one elixir, usually S for escapes or rocket boots, and the remaining one is open to really anything. I typically use either another elixer, or some form of AoE skill, Throw Mine being one of them. And I’m a WvW player. When I’m using that skill a lot of times I can’t tell if that skill is even going off. Or hitting anyone (pushing them away if my telltale sign.) Then there’s usually no blast animations when there’s a zerg vs zerg fight when skills are overlapping. So I thought this skill could be improved just a bit.

this sounds like more of a problem with the wvw zerg setting and it’s hectic nature. i can see the explosion in a pvp teamfight, but in a zerg i can see it being lost in the sea of bodies and particle effects.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria