Suggestions for A.E.D, transmute and so on.

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Even through i will stick to my medkit (or healing turret if the need be) i find A.E.D to be interesting in the way that i plays.

Sadly though the toolbelt looks a little, well disappointing. There is a big gap in efficiency between our toolbelt skills, some are a core part of the play like big old bomb, bandage self, toss elixir S and elixir R. Others are mostly waste of spaces. For the most part a lot of these toolbelts have been tidied up (elixir b got stability, regenerating mist is a stunbreak, lowered cool down on turrets toolbelts and functionality changes in general).

This toolbelt though got a little bit of damage and a 1 second stun on a 30 second cooldown. In melee. Well its not horribad as the old turret toolbelts used to be, but its a bit mediocre. I was expecting a defibrillator to help us revive downed players, going with our “there is no selfish heal on the engineer” mantra. It makes sense for toolbelts of the heal skills to also be supportive.

Therefore i suggest (and i expect a lot of flak):

New toolbelt:
2 seconds cast, 30 second cooldown.

charge your A.E.D to heal downed allies directly in front of you and remove two conditions from them, enemies are stunned.

Stun duration: 1 second.
Heal: 20%.

The long cast means that it is best used by charging it up while running to your downed ally, and hopefully timing it to interupt the stompers if they do not have stability. Any kind of damage done to them prevents “insta” rezzes. The skill is essentially a help to revive allies and not a guaranteed revive from range (and you won’t revive yourself as with R). The condition clear is there to help negating stray poison without entirely countering body pressure applied by necros, engineers and other condition builds with cover conditions. Oh and while 1 second of stun might not be much on the original skill, when you use if to revive an ally it is a helpful addition.

And finally i would just like to discuss the matter of scaling.

The reason i dislike the change of transmute is that the old version actually scaled with the challenge ahead. 10x as many conditions? 10x as many converts! It didn’t matter if you fought one necro or an army of them, it helped in a equal fashion. In this game the masses already have so many supporting wheels its uncanny with group reviving, aoe cap and combat speed. We do not need to remove the few traits scaling with the encounter, in fact i would argue that we need more of them. But i agree with the randomness factor being unfun in a lot of cases for both the player and the opponent. Therefore, and this goes for the tools grandmaster armor mods as well (yeah good that your shield blocked one clone attack, now about the rest of the REAL people tearing you a new behind) i would suggest changing it to:

“every X condition/attack is converted/causes aegis”.

Going by the chance for it to proc now it would be equivalent or close to 12 conditions between transmutes. When it triggers you get a dozen stacks of “exhausted/shield depleted” and each condition/attack removes one of those stacks. That leaves counterplay to the enemy, to not use his fear or immobilize when your stacks are gone. Because lets be honest most of the times it will simply convert one short duration bleed (and not even the entire incoming stack, just one of the incoming 3 bleeds) to a short degen. With 15 seconds icd we do not only leave the trait in the hands of the enemy, but it also is limited by that one bleed every recharge. And given how conditions fly all over the place i would be happy to not have that power warrior autoattacking with his rifle destroying my help against that necro blowing his nose in my general direction. And yes there is a big difference between converting one of the three bleeds applied by a shrapnel grenade and removing 25 stacks of bleed every X seconds (comparing incoming and already applied conditions). Or removing 2 seconds of the applied burning versus a whole minute of stacked burn.

So far the interest in armor mods has been cool to say the least, but if it gave more help the more you needed it, it might be more reasonable, the more attacks the more help. A heavy but slow hitter might get a attack blocked and loose a lot of damage, a mesmer with duelists and flurry might not loose as much per hit, but the blocks triggers more often.

Well enough of my rambling.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i think you should let the skills come out first before you suggest changing them

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

also your suggestion is way too OP. Basically you want a cone rez mechanic that cures 2 condi’s AND stuns enemies in it for a mere 30 seconds. Traited in tools that would be every 20 seconds. Seriously too OP. An ability of that potency needs at least a 120s cool down or all zergs in wvw would be made of engineers. I think your being a little unrealistic if I do say so myself.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Well 120 seconds would be okay as well, the point being its long cast, its melee range and that it gives slightly more than 1 pulse of elixir R (that also cures a condition every second btw). Its a skill to support reviving, not to insta rez them (hence 2 second cast (almost as long as a stomp) and melee range (meaning any cc will prevent the engi to reach its target. In wvw are everyone running thieves with shadow refugee for zerging? Or the trait that lets you interupt a stomp with stealth on you and your ally because that heals as well as preventing all stomps + making you invisible. But a longer recharge would be fine, the situational use of it would limit it anyway, as it should be. And its not 20% with tools.

20% would be instant revive if it hit someone in the same second they where downed in most combat scenarios., but if that is too much go down to 15%.

Whatever, i just find the toolbelt so totally unengaging considering the rest of our cc, and a actual defibrillator mechanic would be interesting.

But yeah, condition removal on downed could go, cast could be 2.5.

(and its 23 seconds with 30 in tools).

The important thing for it is to be more engaging than a simple 1 second melee ranged stun on the profession thats king of cc.

(edited by miriforst.1290)

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Well 120 seconds would be okay as well, the point being its long cast, its melee range and that it gives slightly more than 1 pulse of elixir R (that also cures a condition every second btw). Its a skill to support reviving, not to insta rez them (hence 2 second cast (almost as long as a stomp) and melee range (meaning any cc will prevent the engi to reach its target. In wvw are everyone running thieves with shadow refugee for zerging? Or the trait that lets you interupt a stomp with stealth on you and your ally because that heals as well as preventing all stomps + making you invisible. But a longer recharge would be fine, the situational use of it would limit it anyway, as it should be. And its not 20% with tools.

20% would be instant revive if it hit someone in the same second they where downed in most combat scenarios., but if that is too much go down to 15%.

Whatever, i just find the toolbelt so totally unengaging considering the rest of our cc, and a actual defibrillator mechanic would be interesting.

But yeah, condition removal on downed could go, cast could be 2.5.

(and its 23 seconds with 30 in tools).

The important thing for it is to be more engaging than a simple 1 second melee ranged stun on the profession thats king of cc.

the point im trying to make is you put 20 engies with your ability in a zerg and they all use it on cool down (23 seconds traited) and that’s insta rezzed downed engies, two condtions cured and enemys stunned. so aoe cap of five people with 20 engies is very broken. to sum it up that’s 200 conditions cleansed. 100 × 1 second stuns on the enemy and 20% of downed health healed to up to five downed allys per engineer every 23 seconds if you have 20 engineers. the cast time is not important as that many engineers means group wide perma stability via toss elixir b. Your ability is NOT viable unless it has 120 second cool down at least is what I am trying to get at.

I do agree that the tool belt in its current iteration is a bit meh, yours is just on the other side of the stratosphere is all.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Given after the nerf Perplexity is still one of our best runes for WvW, I don’t see anything wrong with getting another stun into our builds.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians