Suggestions for my new Hybrid build

in Engineer

Posted by: gengaluf.1729

gengaluf.1729

Hi Engineer’s out there,
I play Engineer a very long time, and for me it’s “my” class. I tryied out neraly every class in both pve and pvp and nothing felt as fun and good to play as the engineer. Even if im maining the Engi for quit a while, and also play pvp a lot with him, i never found out a satisfying Build for pve. I built my ninth full exo build in pve now since every time i create a build on gw2skills, it seems to be good (in theory) but if i play it a bit in dungeons and fracs, i find several things which doesnt work the way i thought a bout it. I created a build now for both pve and also wvw (gonna change some skills) and its my first hybrid engineer.I wanted to try this one out, since grenades scale well with power and condition damage, and also the Grandmastertrait of the pistol alows me to deal 2% more damage with pistol for every condition. In pve it works very well in my opinion, and its very fun to play. Now to my problem:
In my opinion there is no viable stunbreaker or condition removement for my build. Does anyone of you pro engis out there have tipps for me? How about utility googles?
In the build im using elexier r at the time, i guess it is better for pve since in wvw i would have no condition removement or stunbreak if i stay with it. Also is there anything in my build i could improove? Im glad for every criticm or tipp i can get!

Build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqalIqiYn1ShF17ICoH5FfNiiKgZfe8WtFEC-jkDB4MAINgUAAUFgpQCR5QaslgRrmJsVRBRLDVdDTjaIymboeEDRGA-w

Thanks, and have a nice day!

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakan.3401

Drakan.3401

Swap out your flamethrower for the elixir gun since you don’t run juggernaut. More group heals, condition removal, and stun breaker on the tool belt. With all your condi dmg and little power it will probably do more dmg then the flamethrower as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: gengaluf.1729

gengaluf.1729

I mainly picked Ft for the awesome cc, the knockback and the aoe blind are imo superior in 1v1 or 1v2 skirmishes in wvw. I switched this out sometimes for bombkit, since they are very useful too. The input with the gun seems cool, you are right that the eg is very strong with my stats, most the autoattack, this thing is devastating.
Would you also pick the eg for wvw roaming? Would you even think that this build works for roaming? ( never played wvw alot)

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Replace Elixir R for elixir gun: EG toolbelt is stunbreaker now and EG#5 is a (party) condition remove – even if it is not listed in the tooltips it removes one condition immidiatly. Plus, EG#5 is a great support skill, EG#3 is mass party condition remove, EG#4 is your jump,…

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

Replace Elixir R for elixir gun: EG toolbelt is stunbreaker now and EG#5 is a (party) condition remove – even if it is not listed in the tooltips it removes one condition immidiatly. Plus, EG#5 is a great support skill, EG#3 is mass party condition remove, EG#4 is your jump,…

I’ll second this suggestion. The only reason to run Elixir R over EG is if you have the reduced cooldown on elixirs AND you really feel you need the Toss. If you do decided to go this route I’d suggest dropping Modified Ammunition or Coated Bullets for Fireforged Trigger, the 20% reduced cooldown on both kits is just to hard to give up.

- Oresan

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Thirded on picking up EG.

If you want a knockback you can also consider going P/S for the Shield #4 move. It is also a blast finisher which is handy. Between that, Frost grenades, Elixir F (EG #3), and EG #4 it is easy enough to have a rotation to play keep away.

I also don’t know if you will find the piercing ammo trait as useful as it sounds. It can be tricky to train mobs (and in PvP) into single file for it to be most effective.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Tobey.4836

Tobey.4836

Have you ever thought about might stacking? If you want to play a hybrid build, you can really benefit from might. It doesnt even have to be a hgh might stacking build.

I cant comment on the pve side, because i never really play instance etc.

However if your aim is to play wvw, you could make some improvements.

It would change around traits. Having perma swiftness and vigor is excellent in pvp. And if you have 10 in tools, you could add another 5 for inertial converter. Cause inertial converter + elixir r = op.
Maybe if you use flamethrower, you could equip a shield. The added survivability should really help, and your burning uptime will still be pretty high because of the ft.

Your choice of runes is subpar in pvp. You should never spam pistol 1, so +bleed duration only benefits your grenades. A 20sec bleed ist pretty nice, but then again you could just eat a pizza and use other runes.

Here are two suggestions.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqelIqiYn1ShF1LJy4DdG4D5loC53nHsVbBhA-j0yA4MACCIJCIFKElD1YrmFRjVLjqux0oDR2cj6RGiMA-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqel0piYn1ShF1LJy4DdG4D5loC53nHs1DChA-jUDB4MAEEgkIApQCR5QasFhBp0JsVQRTLDVdDTjaIymboeEDRGA-w

The second one relies on might stacking through weaponswapping with sigil of battle,rune of altruism and enhance performance. The first one would work better with rabid stats. I used more or less this build, but never thought abouth using it with a hybrid setup.

If you want to play a hibrid spec, i would really try out might stacking. However, not everybody likes it.

Edit: Postet wrong link