Suggestions for new kits

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Since there are a lot of threads out there, where people wish for new kits / accessible weapons, we should combine them under one roof.

my 2 cents: The tesla kit (since the name is a lore-breaker, it’s optional)

Skill one / Autohit: rail-shot
a magnetic accelerated bomb that explodes at impact (npc / pc or structure or obfuscation)
cd: 1/2 sec
range 1200 (traitable to 1500 with Rifled Barrels)
radius 150
combo-finsher projectile: 20%

skill two: static bolts
5 static charges get shot in a channeled attack. Each projectile bounces off to up to 4 random targets in a 400 range
cd: 8 sec (traitable with Fireforged Trigger)
channeling-time: 1.5 sec
range 1200
applies 4 sec blindness on each hit
combo-finsher projectile: 100%

skill 3: Polarized ground
polarizes the ground in front of the player (90° cone) and deals minor damage to up to 5 targets.
cd: 10 sec (traitable with Fireforged Trigger)
channeling time: 1 sec
ticks every 0.2 sec
range: 600
applies 1 sec cripple for each hitting tick
has a 20% chance to apply immobilize for 4 sec

[A]skill 4: tesla-field
puts down a static field under the player which behaves like any other static field
cd: 14 sec(traitable with Fireforged Trigger)
duration: 4 sec
radius: 150
combo-field: air
[B]skill 4: tesla-blast
Discharges the tesla-field to explode, deal damage and kickback targets nearby
radius: 300
Combo-finisher: Blast
applies 7 sec stability on up to 5 allies

Skill 5: Static-Mine
Drops a hidden static-mine that damages and reveals targets in range
cd: 30 sec (traitable with Fireforged Trigger)
duration: 5min
trigger-radius: 240
radius: 240 (traitable with Forceful Explosives)
effect: if triggered damages a target, applies 5 stacks confusion and interrupts stealth. an once hit target can’t receive stealth for the next 10 sec

Belt-skill: static shock
stuns for 2 sec and interrupts stealth
range: 0
radius: 300
cd: 40sec

I intentionally left out the amount of dmg dealt, since that is open for balancing reasons. my second thoughts behind this is to break thieves monopol on deciding how a fight goes (even tough they tend to take stupid decisions^^) and giving the engineer more usability / cc for zerg-diving.
Dependng on how the actual damage will turn out, this could be a nice addition to PvE as well

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Portal Gun

1: 3-shot chain that causes weakness on shot 1, vulnerability on shot 2, and slightly higher damage on shot 3.
2: Open a portal above your target’s head, which drops a piece of interdimensional debris on them.
3: Create a mini blackhole that sucks your target thru it and ejects them a short distance away and gives 3x confusion.
4: Fire a portal at the ground, portalling out a piece of the earth and causing any enemy inside the area to be damaged & knocked down. (blast finisher)
5: Create a portal at your location & target location and immediately port to it. 2-way portal remains open for 5 secs. (900 range)

Primarily a control kit, dealing some damage, but dishing out support conditions (vuln & weakness).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

Portal Gun

1: 3-shot chain that causes weakness on shot 1, vulnerability on shot 2, and slightly higher damage on shot 3.
2: Open a portal above your target’s head, which drops a piece of interdimensional debris on them.
3: Create a mini blackhole that sucks your target thru it and ejects them a short distance away and gives 3x confusion.
4: Fire a portal at the ground, portalling out a piece of the earth and causing any enemy inside the area to be damaged & knocked down. (blast finisher)
5: Create a portal at your location & target location and immediately port to it. 2-way portal remains open for 5 secs. (900 range)

Primarily a control kit, dealing some damage, but dishing out support conditions (vuln & weakness).

omg that would be cool, then there would be more engis!

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Sounds awesome, tough skill 5 would ridicule the concept of walls in wvw and de-function every jp^^
But I like the idea, since asura use portal-tech anyways, even their character-story “can” revolve around a teleport-gun in the beginning…
reversing it (place target-portal under your feet / port back when placing the second one) to a mesmer-like function would solve the issue and leave a surely interesting weapon.

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

Haha the engi would be a High-Tech Class very good! +1

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Sounds awesome, tough skill 5 would ridicule the concept of walls in wvw and de-function every jp^^
But I like the idea, since asura use portal-tech anyways, even their character-story “can” revolve around a teleport-gun in the beginning…
reversing it (place target-portal under your feet / port back when placing the second one) to a mesmer-like function would solve the issue and leave a surely interesting weapon.

Figured LoS would solve the WvW wall issue but I hadn’t considered JPs. Maybe limit it to not work across gaps. My idea was based on combat positioning, for instance: porting yourself behind your target, swapping to grenades to unleash a salvo, and then port back thru it when they turn to react. Which is why I wouldn’t want it to function like a mesmer’s portal. Also, it would only be usable by the player, not allies.

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Figured LoS would solve the WvW wall issue but I hadn’t considered JPs. Maybe limit it to not work across gaps. My idea was based on combat positioning, for instance: porting yourself behind your target, swapping to grenades to unleash a salvo, and then port back thru it when they turn to react. Which is why I wouldn’t want it to function like a mesmer’s portal. Also, it would only be usable by the player, not allies.

I see, sadly that won’t work with gw2
portal-skills are basically just a message to the server to re-allocate the players position (which were exploited for farmbots last year). They can’t check if the way to your target is valid or obfuscated (by a gap for instance). So if they don’t change the way how client and server communicates (which they most likely won’t for just one skill), I sadly see no way how this skills mechanic could be implemented without the said side-effects.

And about the LoS on walls: you can already drop siege into walls to sink it, so the engine already behaves a bit kitten y on this side

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Now that I think about it, it could work.
Just let a 5-sec timer (or longer) run in the background that ports you automatically back to your starting location. Reason it with a failsafe-system for an unstable prototype. Therefore you actually could port on walls or skip parts of jp’s temporary, but had to deal with the fact that your opponent most likely will know where you are in 5 sec.
could spice sPvP up as well, especially if combined with elixir S belt-ability or otherwise gained stealth^^

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Isn’t the Mesmer blink ability limited by gaps? I seem to remember not being able to blink to certain spots across gaps like I could using Engi Jump Shot.

The portal skill I suggested is essentially a flashy copy of the thief’s Shadowstep, but with the ability to go back ’n forth for the duration instead of the condition cleanse.

(edited by Seras.5702)

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

I see, in that case its more like an automated placement in the players LoS at a certain distance (or obfuscations on the way)…
then again, that’s what rocket-boots already are kinda like. tough the back and forth-porting would be quite awesome.

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Kinda. RB have a travel time and (unfortunately) an aftercast time. I’m hoping for a skill that lets me pop to a spot 500 range away and let me keep shooting without a delay. In fact, without even cancelling my targeting. Then step through the portal again if I want to arrive back at the starting portal spot and keep fighting.

Good for escape (1-way port, no return, run), combat movement (as exampled above), even hardcore zerg attack (port into zerg, bomb bomb, AED, bomb bomb bomb, port out).

Suggestions for new kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Sonic Screwdriver!
1 Allons-y – chain attack fire bolts that damage and inflict vulnerability on the first two attacks and extra damage and weakness on the third.
2 Wibbly Wobbly – Field that cripples and strips boons from foes in the area
3 Timey Wimey – Breaks stun, creates a quickness field (long cool down)
4 TARDIS – You teleport to targets location dropping down on them in a big blue box that stuns and damages them
5 The Oncoming Storm – Call in an aerial strike by a new version of Golems who look suspiciously like Daleks
Tool Belt Skill- Summon a Golem that looks suspiciously like a Cyber-man to fight alongside you

Ghost Buster Proton Pack
1 Proton Stream- 1200 range (1500 traited) Similar to flame thrower auto attack except this will be single target and you must never cross the streams!
2 PKE Meter- Creates an anti-stealth field that applies vulnerability
3 Proton Blast- An overcharged shot that deals extra damage and knocks the enemy down
4 Ghost Trap – Throw out the ghost trap and cause an AoE Pull and short immobilize
5 Slime Blower – Fire a glob of slime that cripples and torments
Tool Belt- Release ghosts from a ghost trap that fear and damage

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)