Super Elixir needs to be a water field.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Everything about this skill points to water field. The graphic, the heals, the icon, etc. It overrides Healing Turret and I have to run out of the SE range but stay in the HT range if I need burst healing while SE is down.

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

I would be satisfied if it just loses it’s light field status…

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I agree, it makes NO sense that its a Light field when it HEALS people. Which i stated in another topic. Why they made it a light field i dont know.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

I agree, it makes NO sense that its a Light field when it HEALS people. Which i stated in another topic. Why they made it a light field i dont know.

It is a light field because Arena Net is simply, objectively bad at this.

It will stay a light field because Arena Net doesn’t care.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

A ten-second water field on a kit would be extremely powerful. Super elixir is already a great skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I would rather see it pulse condition removal as it heals rather than just have it on the impact. Water field would be nice, but I would rather see that change.

EDIT: I would actually almost rather it stay a light field. We don’t really have access to a light field otherwise, not reliably at least (just Toss R and U half the time) and it’s nice to stack retaliation or have condition removing projectiles.

If your suggestion is just to have another good water field, I would rather they look at changing the Healing Turret. It was never meant to be the most optimal to just detonate it right away, so they could add something like 10-15s water field on deploy and/or overcharge but only as long as it stays alive. Kill two birds with one stone.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Heh, have a chat with necros. Their HOT well is a light field.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I don’t understand how it makes no sense though, light/water fields are both associated with healing. It’s not like Super Elixir is an anomaly.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Screw Necros they are Overpowered in every way – do they need MORE healing? They get it from Healing Minion, they can siphon health from attacks, health from minion attacks and minions can draw conditions…

Combine that with like 50,000 health (when you count DS)

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

Screw Necros they are Overpowered in every way – do they need MORE healing? They get it from Healing Minion, they can siphon health from attacks, health from minion attacks and minions can draw conditions…

Combine that with like 50,000 health (when you count DS)

Healing minion is destructible, the siphon on attack is borderline worthless on anything but dagger (but then you are in melee range), and the minions go pop all too easily.

Then again, it may be way more powerful in PVP, as the health pools and damage outputs are much better balanced there than in PVE (fast moving melee mobs with more health than your most fattened warrior, and more spiky than a stealth thief).

Btw, they don’t heal while in DS.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

it’s probably a light field because we already have a bunch of water fields.
i don’t really mind that it’s a light field. my only issue is it overriding water fields.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

digiowl.9620

i don’t really mind that it’s a light field. my only issue is it overriding water fields.

Elsewhere there is a claim that the oldest field takes priority…

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Did you place it over your water field?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

jk tested again and not the case.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Making this a water field would make engineers running elixir gun unkillable. Engies already have a HUGE burst heal with the turret + blast finishers. Giving another water field to blast finish would be unreasonably OP, and give twice the opportunity for burst healing.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

i like the idea of a pulsing condition removal, id prefer it if blast finishers in light fields did aoe condition removal though

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Super Elixir is fine as it is now. It has decent healing capabilities, removes a condition on impact, and allows for additional condition removal when combined with Projectile or Whirl finishers due to it being a Light Field. Elixir Gun as a whole, in my opinion, is an offensive support based kit set geared towards suppression of high direct damage targets, while also providing minor healing capabilities and condition removal. The light field fits in with this, however, if people really have an issue with it being a light field, or it interfering with water fields, I imagine ANet could easily take it and remove the field component altogether; leaving it on par with Mortars “Launch Elixir” skill.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Engineer

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Absolutly not it does not need this. We are already considered having an OP heal for healing turret we do not need another 16-20s cd water field espically one that lasts 10s.
Even 1 second is op, for engis.

But I do agree with the light field being kittened. Personally the fact that it ticks the light field/has higher priority is annoying. Make it like other fields with on time placed priority.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Making this a water field would make engineers running elixir gun unkillable. Engies already have a HUGE burst heal with the turret + blast finishers. Giving another water field to blast finish would be unreasonably OP, and give twice the opportunity for burst healing.

Taking healing turret gives us 2 water fields.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Burst
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regenerating_Mist

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

I just tried to drop it over my water field, got aoe retal. When stacking in WvWvW, u could screw the zerg. I’m not saying it’s useless, I can sit in it w/ Backpack regen and elixir bombs and be invincible for those 10 secs but still, it would be better as a water field.

LOL @ it being OP, I know about it removing 1 condi when dropped but would a TK toolbelt throw remove another condi if I was close enough?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Definetly not. Super elixir + cleansing projectiles must stay:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I just tried to drop it over my water field, got aoe retal. When stacking in WvWvW, u could screw the zerg.

Your water field is so short that by the time you cast the water field, switched to Elixir Gun (if not in it already), dropped Super Elixir, and then hit a blast finisher, that the water field has likely expired which is probably why you saw AOE Retaliation.

Again, fields are first come first served. No one type of field overwrites another. The only way you could screw a zerg is by preventing them from using other types of fields after you used Super Elixir, not interfering with a field already down.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well 10s waterfield will be incredibly OP especialy in WvW.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: qjons.2453

qjons.2453

May be something like elementalist healing rain (increasing CD amd lowering water field yo 6 seconds).

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s fine as is when you use it properly. Doesn’t need a buff.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

How often does the light field pulse? Every sec of those 10 secs? Cut it in half. That way we can run w/ the commander and drop Super Elixir w/o screwing the zerg and “STACK ON ME” demands.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

That’s not true, there’s a finite number of blast finishers which are already used on turret which is easily accessible.

This would just give more options, if you take elixir gun, you could skip healing turret, etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

You do realize all you wvw failures,that you can just place the freaking elixir gun 5 to the SIDE and stand over there for healing BUT STILL BE NEXT TO the commander who is getting water field blasts. Learn positioning guys.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I dont think it should be water. I use my elixer gun for my condition and boon build. The Super Elixir in combination with the acid Elixir creates a retaliatation area. Reataliatation is fairly a strong boon i think. We already have 2 waterfields with our healing turret, so it is fine like this for me…

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Knote.2904

I dont think it should be water. I use my elixer gun for my condition and boon build. The Super Elixir in combination with the acid Elixir creates a retaliatation area. Reataliatation is fairly a strong boon i think. We already have 2 waterfields with our healing turret, so it is fine like this for me…

If the retal from blast finisher was better I’d agree, but a measely 3 seconds isn’t much for a single blast finisher IMO.

If we had better ways to proc the cleanse with 100% projectile finishers, or if blast finisher on light field was an aoe cleanse instead I’d be good with it.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

If the retal from blast finisher was better I’d agree, but a measely 3 seconds isn’t much for a single blast finisher IMO.

If we had better ways to proc the cleanse with 100% projectile finishers, or if blast finisher on light field was an aoe cleanse instead I’d be good with it.

Aggree

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It could be fun if it was a lightning field. It doesn’t even have to make sense, because it’s the Engineer :P

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I dunno about it being a water field. I like the Retaliation from leaping and blasting in it to add insult to injury from all the confusion I stack on them with perplexity runes. It’s also about the only useful field for a turret build as if you can stand between a rifle turret and what ever it’s deciding to target at the time you can get a steady stream of condition removals. There’s also using it right before you use Elixir X as the leaps and blasts on Ramager will give you retaliation from it and since retaliation scales on power and the power scaling on Rampager is pretty epic, people hitting you will not enjoy taking an excess of 300 damage per hit back in their face. Even tornado proc is solid for the light field since it’ll spam condition removal as a whirl finisher.

I think I like having a predictable light field, if only for the sake of having that option.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

Meh, 3 secs of retal per blast in a set circle seems pointless to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

A ten-second water field on a kit would be extremely powerful. Super elixir is already a great skill.

Well, if they turned it into a Water field it would definitely have its duration reduced.

I would much rather have a five-second Water field than a ten-second Light field, if I had to choose.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Well, if they turned it into a Water field it would definitely have its duration reduced.

I would much rather have a five-second Water field than a ten-second Light field, if I had to choose.

That would probably be fine. It would most likely need its healing nerfed to compensate, but of course a water field is better than a light field in nearly every situation. I was just saying that it’s already a very strong skill and definitely doesn’t need a straight buff.

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

This, if that’s your logic.

I used to be for changing the super elixir to a water field. Then they gave us double water fields on Healing turret!

People seem to underestimate the cleansing power of the elixir gun with fumigate and super elixir combos.

The biggest issue I have with super elixir now is that of how combo fields stack, and how light fields seem to annoyingly take priority over fields more useful to a zerg (water, fire etc). But that’s an issue with how combo fields work, not with the super elixir.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

But at the same time, I have to objectively look at what the Elixir Gun already offers.

• Tranquilizer Dart spreads Weakness and Bleeding, which helps cushion conditions like Poison and Burning from being cleansed.
  • Elixir F additionally applies Crippled while giving me Swiftness. I’ll admit this one is a weaker skill of the kit and could use work.
  • Fumigate can cleanse up to 5 conditions on nearby allies; it completely nullifies Ranger traps and Necro wells. And I can reapply Fumigate this faster than (most) traps and wells given its short cooldown (9.5 seconds with Fireforged)
  • Acid Bomb is a Blast finisher, ticks for over 3K damage in Berserker gear with Deadly Mixture, and is a 400-range retreat on a 12 second cooldown
  • Super Elixir is a 10-second duration Light field, cleansing one condition, and provides both an impact and area heal combining for over 2.7K back every 16 seconds with zero Healing Power

To be honest with you, the Elixir Gun is already plenty powerful. And while it would be nice to have Super Elixir operate as a Water field, the kit already heals back close to 3K HP every 16 seconds (rivaling many main heals classes have on that potency:cooldown ratio). A lot of players also forget that Light fields don’t just offer Retaliation. The Engineer has access to many projectile finishers—including our auto-attacks—that cleanse conditions to any allies that are within vicinity of targets hit by shots when they pass through our Super Elixir field.

I think where you lie on this change is whether you prefer the Elixir Gun offer more direct healing or more condition removal. But the fact of the matter is, the Engineer already has plentiful access to AoE direct healing. Would I like ANet to look at changing this some time in the future? Absolutely. But on the basis that “Super Elixir needs to be a Water field” as the title of this thread implies? Absolutely not.

There are way bigger fish to fry right now, and I’d rather ArenaNet look at more broken elements of this class, such as turrets, than spend time buffing a kit that already makes its way into most builds in PvE, PvP, and WvW.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No. Just no. Changing Super Elixir from a light field to a water field nerfs the builds out there that rely upon Super Elixir for condition cleanse rather than 409/elixirs. Bad idea.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

Who said anything about removing condi removal from it.

in Engineer

Knote.2904

I think light fields should just be changed to give aoe cleanse on blast finisher and keep retaliation on leap finishers.

AoE retal needs to be nerfed anyway TBH.

in Engineer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Not being a light field any more means that projectiles wouldn’t get condition removal.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

Thanks for the correction Gimme…

Projectile effects are applied directly to the skill’s target, or, in case of the Water and Light fields, to a single ally adjacent to the target.

Does this mean that if I’m dotted up alone, I could drop a light field on myself (remove 1 condi) then Tool Kit Toolbelt skill (remove 2 condi, 1 for each direction)? Awesome, learn something new every day.

Edit: Throw shield should remove another condi too. This thread can be closed. I see the light…chortles

(edited by Alkaholic.3875)

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Not being a light field any more means that projectiles wouldn’t get condition removal.

^^^^This. Light field helps with condi-cleanse, not just the skill itself for those standing inside of it.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

The biggest advice I give to those considering engineer is to learn the combos, all the fields and finishers. It is our strength.

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I think light fields should just be changed to give aoe cleanse on blast finisher and keep retaliation on leap finishers.

AoE retal needs to be nerfed anyway TBH.

When buff durations get patched with the 5 stack limit it’ll make a big difference with a lot of things including retaliation stacking.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

Since this may be lost in all the fun, I failed hard at not realizing that the projectile finisher combo for light was condi removal. If running toolkit and shield, there are 4 condi’s that can be removed in a single super elixir.

1 – Initial application
2 – Each direction of Throw Wrench
1 – Throw Shield

The only question I have now is what do they mean by “adjacent to the target”.

Projectile effects are applied directly to the skill’s target, or, in case of the Water and Light fields, to a single ally adjacent to the target.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Personally, i would rather prefer it directly cleansing some conditions (like, one at the 4th second and one at the 8th to the people still inside) and seeing the light field removed. So that you’re free to stay inside there – to benefit from the healing effect – and avoid covering other combo fields.
Obviously this is just a personal opinion, the current one has its advantages as well. I simply don’t find them much useful in pve.