Super Elixir vs Elixir Shell visual effects

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinrut.1743

Xinrut.1743

The Super Elixir (Elixir Gun) and Elixir Shell (Mortar) both have the same white particle effects and animation when cast to the ground, making it impossible to discern from one another.

This is a big problem because my allies don’t know if they are going to combo a Light field (from the super) or a Water field (from the shell).

This is especially important to discern in large scale battles or any other type of group play.

Please add either a different particle effect and/or make the Elixir Shell ground AoE noticeably blue to give a greater visual cue that it’s a water field.

Thanks!

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Viop should help you

in Engineer

Xinrut.1743

I always use TS or mumble and call out what’s being cast.

Fact is many players do not for various reasons.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

While dimes is right, in solo-Q and WvW in general you’re not always meeting people in your channel, but have to fight together.
Giving them a better visual clue about what to blast & what not would help greatly with that.

+1

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

There are some several rules of good behavior, or how do I call it:
Don’t put light field on the gates, only fire
Use only water on stack,
Light on the move etc

Generally it is hard to see while fight what combo fields are placed, no matter if they have different or same visual effects. So if you put a light field under water on stack, bad play by you.

in Engineer

Xinrut.1743

There are some several rules of good behavior, or how do I call it:
Don’t put light field on the gates, only fire
Use only water on stack,
Light on the move etc

Generally it is hard to see while fight what combo fields are placed, no matter if they have different or same visual effects. So if you put a light field under water on stack, bad play by you.

There’s no confusion on what skills are being used here or an engineer mistakenly placing Super Elixir on a water stack. That’s a separate issue based on the engineer player’s knowledge and skill.

This is about other players, especially non-engineer players who are unfamiliar with the class who see an engineer casting Super Elixir on themselves or elsewhere to remove a condition and think it is a water field, as the white AoE looks the same as the Elixir Shell.

From visual cue they are identical.

Given they are two entirely different fields, they should have different effects to reflect this.

Pretty simple.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

(edited by Xinrut.1743)