[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hey fellow engineers!

I have seen a lot of threads flying by about shredder gyro. However this made a complete image of how the community would want the skill to be very hard. Therefore I created a strawpoll about how you would like to see Shredder Gyro reworked. If you think none of these options apply to your opinion, you can post it down below. You can post you opinion below anyway to keep this post a bit up: The more votes we get, the better the devs know how we would like to see this skill

Here is the strawpoll: http://strawpoll.me/7096220

Thank you in advance,
Fvux.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Scrap it and do something different.
Whirl finishers are quite bad, minions that can’t take players’ stats are bad, and something that’s even supposed to stay in melee range to hit – be it via the whirl finisher or its pitiful spinning damage – and that will be mauled by everything in return, thus dying quickly, is terribly bad.
Albeit, if it were for me, they should rework gyros in their entirety. I posted some idea in a thread about a fuel system, back then.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Gyro-with-Fuel/5979170

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Scrap it and do something different.
Whirl finishers are quite bad, minions that can’t take players’ stats are bad, and something that’s even supposed to stay in melee range to hit – be it via the whirl finisher or its pitiful spinning damage – and that will be mauled by everything in return, thus dying quickly, is terribly bad.

My words exactly! :/

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

whirls are good when they do like 5/sec like guard gs 2 or reaper shroud 4. simply buff shredder to not be pathetic and it wont be.

oh and it needs to use our condi damage.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

and duration :|

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It needs to use the player’s condition damage and duration, as well as a shorter combo interval for more whirls. Every ¼s instead of ½s would be great. Maybe go as far as have it inflict bleeding on strike and lower the strike interval from 1s to ½s so it can be a semi-decent area denial tool.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I love the concept of Shredder Gyro. A utility that’s basically a “finisher in a can” and one that Engineers lack otherwise (Hammer has one, but that’s it) is a cool concept. So I wouldn’t want it completely reworked. Whirl Finisher rework seems unlikely and shouldn’t happen just for the sake of this one skill (not saying it shouldn’t happen in general, though, they’re easily the weakest finisher type, but it should be for the entire game and not just Shredder Gyro). Sticking to an opponent could be useful, but it wouldn’t fix the skill, and there’s definitely some advantages to having it ground-targeted over enemy-targeted (more control over which fields you want to use, for instance).

None of the options listed seem ideal, IMO.

Personally, I’d do the following…

~ Remove the cast time (none of the other gyros have it sans Blast, which works differently than other gyros anyway, why should Shredder). One of the best features of gyros is zero cast time, letting you use them in the middle of other skills.
~ Give it multiple finishers instead of just a single whirl every time it triggers. Like, have it do 3 whirls every trigger. More whirls = better chance of hitting.
~ Either let it use the stats of the Scrapper OR give the gyro innate stats in stuff like healing power, condition damage, and condition duration. Nothing ridiculous, but enough for the finishers it puts out to have an effect.
~ Let the Gyro use the players’ priority for fields rather than acting as a minion. This is a big one, because fields can only be used by so many separate entities (5, I believe) and minions get lower priority. Which means that you can throw your Gyro right in the middle of a bunch of fields during a larger scale encounter and get no finishers because its a minion and thus players get “first dibs” over the Gyro for field use, and a mass of players probably has dozens of projectiles flying into it at any given time. Which is fine for most minions, you probably want players to have priority in general, but when the whole point of Scrapper Gyro is finishers it pretty much defeats its entire purpose.
~ Maybe add a bleed per hit or something to the Gyro’s attack, but that should probably be saved until after all these other changes to avoid doing too much all at once

~ Oh, and on the aesthetic side… give the gyro an actual attack animation. Right now it just kind of floats there and yet somehow its creating a whirl finisher and attacking. Its whole body should be spinning, or it should be slashing its sawblade arms around, something so that it actually seems like its doing something.

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Wahoo!!

Ohoh! Here’s a good one!! And so simple!!!

How about giving it the ability to “Shred” enemies hit by its direct attack and finishers?
Shred is a debuff that lasts 10 seconds, does stack up to 5 times and increases power and condition damage dealt to the Shred unit by 3%! With this, the gyro would immediately become AWESOME! <3

What do you think??

Greeeeez and good night! (4 am here)
- Ziggy

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

It needs to be more durable if not scrapped entirely (pun not intended), whirl finishers generally aren’t amazing when the gyro doesn’t receive player’s power/condition damage/heal power.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Yea and they most likely won’t change “pets” to inherit stats from players since this is – as they said – “an exception for phantasms only” … so it needs something that buffs damage without relying on it’s stats -> Shred

[Survey] Shredder Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

It should be a floating version of the DH trap Procession of Blades. That would be worth slotting!