Synergy between turrets and the Tool Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Just a sorta “what-if” for the most part! Wonder how it’d play out if the Tool Kit autoattack (and Throw Wrench, in the case of a turret that you’ve deployed on a wall or otherwise out of reach) applied boons to the turret? Either a collection of boons at once, or the bane of all Engineers, RNG-boons.

Anyway, wrench hits applying Might, Protection, Regeneration, Fury, etc… Maybe Retaliation and Aegis, but those might be a bit much. Having an Aegis application on something with a cooldown could be neat, though, as a way to protect them from big attacks!

Anyway, such a thing would allow you to effectively “upgrade” your turrets, so long as you put some time into doing so. Applying one stack of Might for a minute or so per hit seems like it would be an excellent way to be able to set up an actual defensive location, without making turrets into an instant “this is my area, no enemies allowed” sort of deal.

Could maybe only take effect with the Power Wrench trait, or could have some stuff by default and apply extra boons with the trait, or the trait could just have no extra effect at all! All changeable as needed. I dunno, what would everyone think about their Tool Kit “upgrading” turrets in such a manner?

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

This could maybe be interesting. It’d probably fall into RNG, though, or have a ridiculous cooldown.

Could also be interesting for the Toolkit to have a passive improvement effect on Turrets, or something.

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

retaliation on turrets would be hilarious

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com