T1 Solo-Roaming Engi - uncut footage

in Engineer

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Hey guys, decided earlier today I’d turn on OBS and leave it on for a bit, here’s what I got!

It’s a bit laggy, so I’m sorry in advance, my processor has been getting maxxed for some reason through OBS (must be a new patch or something).

Enjoy!

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekro Nihil.9231

Nekro Nihil.9231

nice Vid , and well played !

possible to show your build ?

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Tyvm

In regards to the build, sorry – this one’s a secret ^^
It’s my own variation of the one that Ostrich Eggs has been running – noble runes, trait 10 in explosives, and sigil of battle.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Secret build? Really? Lol I remember when people did that back in GW1, that’s cute.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Secret build? Really? Lol I remember when people did that back in GW1, that’s cute.

A lot of people do it here too. Release a build and it becomes meta, gets cried about and gets nerfed.
People keep stuff secret for good reason.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

The meta has nothing to do with people publishing their builds. It has to do with what people are actually playing and what is most effective due to current skill balances, published or not.

I just find the idea of keeping a build secret so others can’t use it silly. As if there’s some perceived superiority for making a build.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

While I agree w/ Adam, the nerd in me likes to sleuth these builds.

30/10/0/20/10

Runes of the Noble
Sigil of Battle/Earth?
Not sure about the armor cause health is too high for pure rabid and bleed dmg is too low for all them stacks of might.

Grenadier/Enhanced Performance/Incindiery Powder
Hair Trigger
-
Invigorating Speed/Protection Injection
Speedy Kits

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Sorry Alka, wrong on almost all accounts ^^

I gave you the runes and the sigil of battle + trait 10 in explosives, other than that you’re off by a good bit, haha.

As far as bleed damage is concerned, outside of combat I float at around 2100 condition damage. I’ve gotten as high as 2600, and at one point in the video you’ll see my burns hitting for ~940.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubalobrown.9170

Bubalobrown.9170

He is 30/10/0/10/20. He has the CD reduction on toolkit, which is a big give away. Traits are probably V, X, XI, VI, I, VI, VIII

(edited by Bubalobrown.9170)

in Engineer

Bubalobrown.9170

Probably nearly full rabid. 6% condi damage sigil after getting 250 condi damage stacks. He also has an unknown amount of the bloodlust buff.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

^ Also incorrect on both, both on traits and armor/sigil

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Great watch & great play!

in Engineer

Bubalobrown.9170

You proc burn on crits, you get 6 mights on heal kit, you throw three nades, your pistol CD is reduced, you get vigor on swiftness, and swiftness on kit swap and have reduced CD on toolkit. Sorry but you are lying.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Those are correct, but the trait layout is not. I have no reason to lie.

in Engineer

Bubalobrown.9170

That trait layout is the only way to have those benefits. And your reason for lying is your professed desire to keep your build secret. I cant figure out the equipment though, your healing is at least 300 looks like… Actually it looks like i got the toolkit trait wrong, you are using medkit healing increase instead?? Only way you could get 1500 med kit heals, Im not sure why I thought the toolkit CD was being reduced.

(edited by Bubalobrown.9170)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sherlock.2035

Sherlock.2035

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but 10 in explosives could mean just 10. 2100 condi damage suggests 30 in firearms and with the semi-high vitality perhaps he’s wearing dire. I’m terrible at theorycrafting, but maybe 10/30/0/10+/10+?

in Engineer

Bubalobrown.9170

Hes throwing 3 nades. Which requires 30.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

It would make no sense to run Grenade kit w/o the trait, Grenadier, for the extra nade.
I saw Swiftness on swap.
I saw Vigor on swap.
I saw 3 might on swap.
I saw 6 might on heal.
I didn’t see protection when stunned so no Protection Injection, I’ll concede that one. I did see retal on a dodge so I’m not even sure wtf.
I saw Incendiary Powder in a fight where u landed several pistol hits but when the mesmer came out of stealth he was burning.
I have full Dire, my base health is 21K so that’s not dire.
The formula for bleeds is (condi dmg * .05) + 42.5, @ 2100 condi dmg = 147.5, @ 2600 = 172.5
I can’t imagine running dual pistol w/o Hair Trigger but if he says he doesn’t who am I to challenge.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Those are NOT the traits, I do not have 20 in either of the last two lines.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

And I do have Hair Trigger.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

You also said that you only had 10 points in Explosives yet you threw 3 grenades.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

No, I said I had trait 10 in explosives – that’s X. You misread.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

I’ll just bold what I think is correct.

While I agree w/ Adam, the nerd in me likes to sleuth these builds.

30/10/0/20/10

Runes of the Noble
Sigil of Battle/Earth?
Not sure about the armor cause health is too high for pure rabid and bleed dmg is too low for all them stacks of might.

Grenadier/Enhanced Performance/Incendiary Powder
Hair Trigger

-
Invigorating Speed/Protection Injection
Speedy Kits

6/8 correct traits isn’t exactly “wrong on all accounts”.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Like I said, the trait layout was incorrect – not the individual traits. I think some of you guys are getting a bit too hostile about this, I’m going to let you guess on your own.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Here’s the build he edited.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqal0picHxy3F1LJyoCdGoC5lIF5nl95Bb9gQIA-jECB4iChk0gkIBJTqIasVhFRjVJbR1qbY6YASBAzaA-w

Good video!

I really would recommend trying backpack regenerator though. It seems like you’re running a lot of healing power which doesn’t scale very well with med kit. It doesn’t off of backpack regenerator either, but the idea of adding heal power and dropping vit without grabbing backpack first seems kinda crazy to me ;o

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

I ran it on another build of mine. And actually, healing power scales quite well with med kit, man

According to a buddy of mine backpack regenerator scales with healing power as well, but I can’t confirm it :S That’s just what I was told.

I dunno, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this build and decided that med kit, toolbelt heal, and crate med pack scaling was worth the investment of healing power

in Engineer

Posted by: NondSwiftshot.9168

NondSwiftshot.9168

I’ve gotten the dire gear and need three more ascended accessories but haven’t started grinding CM yet. Any suggestions on some runes that I could use temporary until I get my nobles?

Mkoll Ghost 80 Engineer | Nond Phantasm 80 Mesmer | Nond Swift 80 Ranger
[SG] Shadow Gypsies of Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

I’ve gotten the dire gear and need three more ascended accessories but haven’t started grinding CM yet. Any suggestions on some runes that I could use temporary until I get my nobles?

Undead runes are good. There are also a set, I believe they’re Fire (?) runes, but they give 20% might and might on heal. Then just get another two with 20% might. The reason why Noble is better is because you get a ton of condition damage alongside those

Good luck!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqal0piYH5y3F1bJyoCdWoC2HoC5loC53nHs1DChA-jECB4gCh0CJkEBIPqIasVhFRjVPjIqWdDziuIa1SBAz0I-w

This build seems more like it: 30/10/10/10/10 – Incendiary Powder, Enhanced Performance, Grenadier, Hair Trigger, Stabilized Armor, Invigorating Speed, Speedy Kits.

More unlikely variants:
30/20/0/10/10 – Taking Coated Bullets or Rifled Barrels (Possible, but unlikely, would leave very vulnerable to Stuns & Knockdowns)
30/15/0/10/15 -
30/15/0/15/10 –
30/10/0/15/15 -

You could be 5 pts off, and he would say ‘WRONG’, but I assure you, it is one of these. Armor mostly used is Apothecary, and likely some Shamans or possibly even a Celestial piece of two for some recoup on vitality.

Key Features of the build:

• Peaks at 2400-2600 condition damage with full stacks of might and corruption stacks.
  • Medpacks heal for 1500ish, Bandage heals for 6kish
  • Just enough vitality to push health past 18k.
  • Around 18 second cooldown on heal – 10-15pts in tools.

So, aim for these things if you want to build like this Engineer. Any slight difference is insignificant.

If I were this Engineer, and I wanted to preserve the same build/playstyle:

• Definitely recommend investing in backpack regenerator. It scales with healing power as of June 25th, confirmed. You can pull off a 30/10/0/20/10, 30/0/10/20/10 or 30/0/0/30/10. I feel that having no stunbreak, no protection injection, no stabilized armor, and relatively lower HP is a liability, so I just hope in your current build you’re at least running stabilized armor. If you feel that not having these things doesn’t mess with your #yoloswag then carry on.
  • For 1v1’s that you know you won’t have to escape a zerg, I would take Elixir Gun -> Slick Shoes -> Over rocket boots, in that order, given your gear. Elixir Gun 5 would push your 4 condition removals per minute up to 7 per minute, which ain’t bad – not to mention benefit from all the healing you stack. And a stunbreak, and regen on the toolbelt. That’s pretty much just what the no stunbreak, no regen heal stacking build called for.
  • Slick shoes is a good chasing/escape, too, and the active has huge 1v1 synergy with your magnet pull. Not as awesome for zerg escaping, but still won’t lead you astray.
  • In the end, you are roaming WvW, not pvp, so Rocket Boots does make a lot of sense.
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

Undead runes are good. There are also a set, I believe they’re Fire (?) runes, but they give 20% might and might on heal. Then just get another two with 20% might. The reason why Noble is better is because you get a ton of condition damage alongside those

Good luck!

BTW if you don’t have Noble runes yet, here’s what you do:

2 Fire, 2 Hoelbrak, 2 Altruism. This combo does the exact same thing as the Noble Runes, but instead of condition damage it gives +Power, and +Healing. There’s not enough power & healing to compare to Noble runes, which are a definitely better if you’re running a condition build.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: NondSwiftshot.9168

NondSwiftshot.9168

Good luck!

BTW if you don’t have Noble runes yet, here’s what you do:

2 Fire, 2 Hoelbrak, 2 Altruism. This combo does the exact same thing as the Noble Runes, but instead of condition damage it gives +Power, and +Healing. There’s not enough power & healing to compare to Noble runes, which are a definitely better if you’re running a condition build.

Thanks I’m going to try grabbing these when I can get on again. The might duration is insane in the video and I love it. I also have been aiming for a tankier build and went with the armor / weapon set up that Ostritch posted. I like the gear I have and I can still do some condi damage and escape zergs. It’s been a blast so far.

Only thing I really need to do is practice my 1v1 as I’m not too good at it! Guess it comes in time and practice and knowing your abilities inside and out.

Thanks for the tips!

Mkoll Ghost 80 Engineer | Nond Phantasm 80 Mesmer | Nond Swift 80 Ranger
[SG] Shadow Gypsies of Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

your 15 tools is totally wasted, you didnt proc it once for heals and you never use your other toolbelts anyways cuz youre* a condi build

edit for grammar cuz grammar

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

your 15 tools is totally wasted, you didnt proc it once for heals and you never use your other toolbelts anyways cuz your a condi build

How do you know he’s 15 in tools? :P

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamui.5726

Kamui.5726

30/20/0/10/10
Incendiary Powder, Enhance Performance, Grenadier
Hair Trigger, Sitting Duck
Invigorating Speed
Speed Kits

From my experience with a similar build ^^

I dont think armor is all one set but a pish posh of 2 maybe 3 different ones to get teh desired condition damage output and maxhp. This is just from my observation.
But anyways,, nice vid,,, keep it up and post more

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

your 15 tools is totally wasted, you didnt proc it once for heals and you never use your other toolbelts anyways cuz your a condi build

How do you know he’s 15 in tools? :P

17 sec med kit heal cd

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

You guys are close enough

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

well you wanna keep it a secret so i wasnt gonna say that you prolly have 15 firearms for the extra crit chance so you proc burns more in your mixed gear set… cuz u dont have transmute and 5 inventions is sooo bad and you deny having 20 of anything.

its legit imo.

but i think you would be better off trying to proc the reset more often, you sit in medkit and spam 123 pretty often… time you could be using to use other attacks and bait someone into thinking youve already healed and have no more comin. they can see the med kit, if they know what theyre looking for. they cant see toolbelt resetting. but then again, your ~400 healing power would be kinda wasted cuz while bandages are slower you get 3 scaling out of them where toolbelt heal only has 1 scaling or .9 or w/e.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nj

T1 =’s runners and zerglings everywhere… then again there are players like that on all servers. I just see it more in T1 lol

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

well you wanna keep it a secret so i wasnt gonna say that you prolly have 15 firearms for the extra crit chance so you proc burns more in your mixed gear set… cuz u dont have transmute and 5 inventions is sooo bad and you deny having 20 of anything.

its legit imo.

but i think you would be better off trying to proc the reset more often, you sit in medkit and spam 123 pretty often… time you could be using to use other attacks and bait someone into thinking youve already healed and have no more comin. they can see the med kit, if they know what theyre looking for. they cant see toolbelt resetting. but then again, your ~400 healing power would be kinda wasted cuz while bandages are slower you get 3 scaling out of them where toolbelt heal only has 1 scaling or .9 or w/e.

I save my heal on purpose, so that I can use it later on in the fight in case I need it. It’s more important than the 123 on med kit. I also do not have 400 healing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Warrshock.1486

Warrshock.1486

This looks fun, been wanting to try a might stacking build but didn’t want to go full elixir build. Seeing that you can accomplish this with kits makes me smile (<3 kits). I think i have the spec figured out (30/10/0/10/15 +5 in Fireamrs, Alchemy or Tools). But the only way i can see you getting 1500 medkit heals is with full Apothecary gear. Granted i have never played with Packaged Stimulants (VII in Tools) so I don’t know if you can reach the 1500 heals with this and apoth +dire gear mix, but it doesn’t look like you are throwing medkits… Hmmmm, now to get some apoth gear and farm CM. Excited to try this out, thanks for posting!

in Engineer

Posted by: Warrshock.1486

Warrshock.1486

Ahh, think I may have seen a Transmute proc in there

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Wow, 18K health.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

A lot of people do it here too. Release a build and it becomes meta, gets cried about and gets nerfed.

the devs can see anyone’s build.
They dont need you to post it.

Anyone claiming to have a “secret” build, is special…..bless.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Oh my gosh hahahahaha. What in god’s name does that have to do with anything? Of course a dev can see my build, that doesn’t mean one will invade the privacy of a player by abusing personal power to make you feel better.

The reason it’s kept secret is to limit how many start to run around with it. I’ve given away too many builds in the past only to have them become fotm weeks later. It isn’t anything personal, and you should stop taking it as such – I just prefer to keep it to myself. You aren’t entitled to the information, as you seem to feel.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Oh my gosh hahahahaha. What in god’s name does that have to do with anything? Of course a dev can see my build, that doesn’t mean one will invade the privacy of a player by abusing personal power to make you feel better.

The reason it’s kept secret is to limit how many start to run around with it. I’ve given away too many builds in the past only to have them become fotm weeks later. It isn’t anything personal, and you should stop taking it as such – I just prefer to keep it to myself. You aren’t entitled to the information, as you seem to feel.

well good thing you showed us a 20 minute video that allows us to deduce the entire thing lol

oh well

doesnt mean im switching to it. i like rifles better cc utility.