Tanky Engineer build?

Tanky Engineer build?

in Engineer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m not sure if this question was asked before, but I wanna ask some high lvl/more experienced engineers if there’s a viable tanky engineer build.

Right now, I’m traited across Inventions (the one that grants toughness and +healing) as well as Alchemy (grants +vit and +boon duration). All the way from around level 20 through 60+ I’ve been used to luring around 2-3 mobs and blasting them away with bomb kit and grenade kit spam. However, at my current level, i find that while I can still take around 3 mobs at a time, I’m having a bit more difficulty with the healing and if I’m not careful, I can die anytime.

Is a tanky eng build viable? I’m also eyeing on the Knight something crafted lvl 80 armor (the one that uses 120 large scales total) since it’s the armor set that grants the highest toughness and decent power/prec. I would very much prefer an armor set that goes toughness/vit/condi but I’m not sure if such an armor set exists. Even for jewelry such a stat combi doesn’t exist (afaik) so I’m forced to a power/prec substat.

I’m also using a pistol/shield, but I feel it’s very counter-intuitive with the armors and skills I’m doing. Power is good for bombs but I feel it’ll be better if I can get condi damage up. Even the rune of the engineer says toughness and condi is the eng’s main stats.

I’m nearing lvl 80 and idk if maybe I should give up toughness anyhow and just go for the tried-and-tested power/prec combo.

Also, what’s the deal with the last trait for Alchemy, the one that says immune to conditions if <25% life? I’ve always thought once you hit that threshold, all condi will be gone from you. Or it doesn’t work like that, like all condi given to you PRIOR to hitting 25% will continue to tick away, it’s just that new ones can’t be applied?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

(edited by penatbater.4710)