Teldo Daily - Engi Miniguide Series

in Engineer

Posted by: Teldo.1473

Teldo.1473

Hey everybody,

I’ve been playing this game in a competitive team for over a year and after my initial guide videos at launch I kinda stopped making guides. During the time I gathered alot of knowledge about the game and some of it is not widely known.
So I decided to actually share some of my experience with my new video series called Teldo Daily.
I thought it’d also be a good idea to post in the official forums to get some additional feedback about my videos.

At some point I will probably also upload informative or entertaining videos about other games, but until now I’ve only uploaded Guild Wars 2 videos (mentioning this just so you don’t get disappointed if every now and then a daily ends up not being for Guild Wars 2)

Here’s the link to the full playlist. I’ll try to upload multiple videos a week.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvY4mp-cgWVrul-1ytOSlqQjA4yU5Mo25

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

dude we need to put an engy guide with all the builds who works and all the videos we know for PvE, PvP and WvW
u and other ppls got builds and videos for that XD

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Love the videos. Learned something new (projectile finisher video)

in Engineer

Posted by: Coenraad.8302

Coenraad.8302

Thanks for the movies.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Would like to see you do a few videos of fighting other players and talking about your decision making in-combat, especially against multiple opponents.

Also wondering if you recently tried any other engineer builds besides condi point-decap. I rarely see power or bunker engineers in SPvP anymore and that’s a little sad.

in Engineer

Posted by: mark.3160

mark.3160

I Subscribed to your channel, some great tips in there, thanks.

in Engineer

Teldo.1473

Will probably upload more fights with commentary and I actually did some research on new builds last night. Will see if I find something worthy to make additional videos about. It’s just hard to make an actual good power build nowadays. But I’ll try!

In case there are any other wishes for additional videos I’m glad to hear about it. I’ll see what I can do then

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Engineer

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

hey teldo, big fan of yours here. i’m looking forward to see a commentary on thumper turret combo with bomb kit. it’s quite nice in wvw teamroaming and a lot of fun. i’m running bomb/nade/tools since a year and sometimes exchange nades/toolkit for that extra 15 stacks of might or 12s of invis.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It’s just hard to make an actual good power build nowadays. But I’ll try!

spvp has such lame stat combos… pow/prec/vit? really? thats why power build is rare, its full glass or bust.. and youre backstab fodder as glass. rabid and settler are sooooo much better.

prolly oughta just wait for the balance pass when they give us more stat combos. …i might even try pvp some if/when they give us pve knights.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

Much <3 Teldo!

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Good stuffz deserves bumps.

Really liked the Magnet fake.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Engineer

Posted by: paperRock.5340

paperRock.5340

Thanks for your videos. I watched your EOTM roaming video this morning it was great!

in Engineer

Teldo.1473

Thank you guys. I got alot of nice feedback overall and I really enjoy the series. Right now I’m actually going to start working on a video explaining my WvW build

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

what build r u running??? well the video i see, explain all
but dude u vs 2 ts ok but dont make u vs 4 all the time
and remember to pick up the bag XD
some time i got 2500 wxp liquid from that bag :-p

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

Thank you guys. I got alot of nice feedback overall and I really enjoy the series. Right now I’m actually going to start working on a video explaining my WvW build

Teldo what do you say about the decap engineers at the moment in sPVP. You always played a build that is able to decap and kill an opponent. Do you think this is valid option in skilled tPvP matches?

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

no beacause u luck on survivability vs 2 enemy and in taht case u need help from ur group
or u run for kill or for decap
decap engy need to make contested a point when ur group cap 2 points or got 1 point and take contested the 3rd point

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

no beacause u luck on survivability vs 2 enemy and in taht case u need help from ur group
or u run for kill or for decap
decap engy need to make contested a point when ur group cap 2 points or got 1 point and take contested the 3rd point

sorry what?

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

if u cant take contested a point u vs 2 ppl, ur group cant win
and for that u need to survive for a long time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUz1H-KL1HQ

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

in Engineer

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

so, my personal, sorted wishlist for future videos?

1. more “how to use skill xy” -> ive learned so much already!
2. commentated wvw content in different situations (solo, team, zerg)
3. new builds, with pros&cons, like power bunker, zerker, etc… like you did with the nade/bomb/tk one
4. comment on viability for pve

i know this requires time, but that’s just a wishlist and i hope to see it soon

(edited by pza.8024)

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

dude we need to put an engy guide with all the builds who works and all the videos we know for PvE, PvP and WvW
u and other ppls got builds and videos for that XD

My guide is around for quite a while now (4 months or so), haven’t seen it? http://theengineerlegion.boards.net/board/15/wolfineers-engineer-guide

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Will you do a zerker engie video in the future, Teldo?

in Engineer

Aegael.6938

Specifically, I’d like to see a PvP zerker build that doesn’t use Static Discharge. Those are so rare they might as well be diamonds under the earth.

in Engineer

Teldo.1473

I will have a look at a zerker WvW build, won’t promise much right now though. And I’ll also cover more utilities/kits like Elixir Gun. I’m actually making a list with all the requests and will see what I can do

You guys are really helpful, thanks alot!

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Awesome and really helpful videos there

I´d love to know what you think about decap engis…
And what do you think about engineer power builds in pvp?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

OK, after watching the HT vid, you’ve got me curious…

In a Rifle user’s situation, is picking up the turret still the better option? Since I only have the detonate and rocket boots, it seems better to always detonate.

Very good series so far, thanks. I admit to skipping the Grenade kit though, since I can’t use it…

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

These videos are great, can you post the build you are using during that video in the comments? Would be great to see the build that goes along with the video. Besides that keep it up!

in Engineer

Teldo.1473

I already made videos to the two only builds I use lately. But I have another build in mind that I might do a little showcase off soon.

Also @Sungak I’m glad that you liked the Healing Turret video, I think it’s pretty much always worth picking it up, even if you use one or two Blast Finishers into it. I didn’t ever do the math of it, but I’ve played alot with it and that’s how I feel about the sustain. It feels like it’s more sustain and you’ll also get more condi removal out of it.

The optimal thing would always be to use a blastfinisher and then pick it up again.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Engineer

Aegael.6938

The only times I feel you should be exploding the turret itself is if either you or an ally desperately needs the burst healing, and won’t survive without it.

That, or you somehow ended up too far from your turret before you could pick it up again. If you’re running in a straight line with swiftness, there’s only a very small window of time in which you can pick it up before you’ll be out of range. Lazy engineers will oftentimes just explode it.

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

I will have a look at a zerker WvW build, won’t promise much right now though. And I’ll also cover more utilities/kits like Elixir Gun. I’m actually making a list with all the requests and will see what I can do

You guys are really helpful, thanks alot!

Hey Teldo, remember your Power Engineer build from BWE?

It’s funny how many things change and how many things stay the same. The build has hardly changed from then until now; yet the meta has moved on so much that it is no longer viable.

A few questions:

• What would you change about your SD build now that Soldier’s Amulet Warriors with Cleansing Ire have hit their stride, and condi Necromancers can shut you down instantly?
  • Would you run Doom Sigil now because of Healing Signet?
  • Lastly, what do you think is required for Power Engis to be strong? (tanky DPS or burst DPS)
Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

If you are willing to do a power engie video and would like to test a different build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQFAUlUUpuqdZxtLseRSM6Bp5cmBVIviKo/PKobbB-TIAg0CnA

It’s not the best, but it’s a pretty fun one to play. I like to swap Googles for Rocket Boots sometimes

(edited by Asomal.6453)

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Just logged in instead of lurking on the forums to say:

Teldo, you are my #1 youtube gamer. I enjoy panda time a bit too much and your engi tips have leveled up not only my game but my enjoyment of said game. Thanks to little things you did in old pvp vids, I have learned better ways to handle mesmers and I’ve even picked up tool kit in Edge of the Mists to ruin someone’s day

I play your “Teldo Plays” Dark Souls vids while I’m crafting and messing around on TP or when I’m drawing pictures. Never change. That squeal you let out when you survive a Line of Sight skirmish 1vZerg or when u “dooge” a Dark Souls Monster is the best thing in life. I’ll be sad if you ever stop making vids and streaming so I’ll donate as soon as I can to keep this going.

Much love from a mashy engi from the Midwest of The United States.

(edited by johnsonade.9547)

in Engineer

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

Much love from a mashy engi from the Midwest of The United States.

Iowa represent!

Also, love your videos Teldo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Primalpat.1026

Primalpat.1026

Teldo,

Just want to let you know that you are the man!! Watched your dailies and have inspired me to pick up my engineer again.

I played engineer all the way back in Beta up until the first halloween event. Then I quit for about a year and a half. Came back and made a warrior… Engineer is so much more fun / difficult than warrior.

Also, I really enjoy the roaming WvW video you did in the #10 daily. Your explanations of what you are doing/thinking are great, and the slowmo to add additional explanations are fantastic. Keep it up!