Thanks Alot!!!

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Markus.9217

Markus.9217

Thanks alot anet for the most fun, strong, and most versatile class i ever played in al those years of mmos. I see alot of hate coming to the engineer class but i tried several builds and its amazing. I love playing my engineer hes unkillable in pvp and pve, has amazing group support and is alot of fun to play. Afther the patch he had a few bugs fixed and is even better then he was before so please keep up the great work on this class.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Byzantine.3286

Byzantine.3286

Play a warrior then you’ll have everything – just better.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I was feeling pretty good about the damage I was putting out yesterday, then a Warrior unloaded 100-blades on the trash pack I was targeting and one-shotted it.

I love this class, it’s huge amounts of fun … but in terms of ability to damage or support it doesn’t compare favourably with other classes when played with the same level of skill.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Markus.9217

Serious i have a 80 warrior and i only pvp im not bragging but im a decent pvp player a wel build engi can eat, chew and spit out thieves and warriors easy. just use your utility skills right its a amazing fun and good class.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: jsein.8641

jsein.8641

Honestly, try things out for yourself. You might learn something. A lot of people jump on the warrior bandwagon without knowing what they’re talking about.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Markus.9217

Yes like this post was a serious thanks for a amazing fun class. And somehow folks always seem to turn it into a kitten contest. A engineer with right build has almost perma healing perma condi removal ( infact the more condi attacks a engi gets the more boons he gets) healing skill rest auto elixer s etc etc etc. if you want something else then smashing your head on a keyboard and do ok for real play a engineer they are awsome fun.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

There’s alot of good things for the Engineer class. We’re like a Jack-in-The-Box to someone who hates surprises.

After much tinkering, I have found that…

In WvW, I have noticed that other classes are starting to run away from us.

Why?

Because they don’t know what we are going to do next

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Honestly, try things out for yourself. You might learn something. A lot of people jump on the warrior bandwagon without knowing what they’re talking about.

In the current top WWW worlds no place exists for all of your fun: play in the melee-train (like Warrior or Guardian) or die hardly while cant hit anyone.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Markus.9217

In the current top WWW worlds no place exists for all of your fun: play in the melee-train (like Warrior or Guardian) or die hardly while cant hit anyone.

Serious you have no clue wat your talking about. Its hilarious to see a warrior jump you pops his 100b and gets confused while you simply vanish. or you block him and hes stunned for 2 seconds or you confuse him. even when someone hit you for 99% of your life he cant finish it cause you simply auto refresh healing and get auto evade. And your from piken square since when do you know wat its like at the top of wvw rankings?

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

Serious you have no clue wat your talking about. Its hilarious to see a warrior jump you pops his 100b and gets confused while you simply vanish. or you block him and hes stunned for 2 seconds or you confuse him. even when someone hit you for 99% of your life he cant finish it cause you simply auto refresh healing and get auto evade. And your from piken square since when do you know wat its like at the top of wvw rankings?

Seems like you didnt know what you talking about…

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

binidj.5734

Serious you have no clue wat your talking about. Its hilarious to see a warrior jump you pops his 100b and gets confused while you simply vanish. or you block him and hes stunned for 2 seconds or you confuse him. even when someone hit you for 99% of your life he cant finish it cause you simply auto refresh healing and get auto evade.

Any melee Warrior worth their salt will already have you stunned and immobilised before they hit 100 blades … and that’s just off the top of my head without even thinking about it. Remember we are talking about like-for-like skill here, it doesn’t matter if you can beat someone who doesn’t play their profession as well as you play yours.

Piken Square

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

bring me your warriors

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

We did get a huge PvE/WvW fix with the last patch. I also think the engineer profession is really fun to play.

Warriors are great in PvE but not very good at PvP. In a 1v1, engineers have plenty of tools to make a warrior feel like we’re OP.

That said, we should be realistic about the profession. There are still bugfixes to go. This last patch was a huge step in the right direction, but we’re not there yet.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I was feeling pretty good about the damage I was putting out yesterday, then a Warrior unloaded 100-blades on the trash pack I was targeting and one-shotted it.

I love this class, it’s huge amounts of fun … but in terms of ability to damage or support it doesn’t compare favourably with other classes when played with the same level of skill.

Lmoa. Try to hundred blades me in WvW or PvP and your death is certain. As was already stated, some of you talk about another profession out of pure ignorance.

Sure in PvE warriors are OP a bit. But 100 blades roots you. If I dodge, it will miss me altogether, and you are rooted and at the mercy of my bombs.

Any melee Warrior worth their salt will already have you stunned and immobilised before they hit 100 blades … and that’s just off the top of my head without even thinking about it. Remember we are talking about like-for-like skill here, it doesn’t matter if you can beat someone who doesn’t play their profession as well as you play yours.

And any engineer worth his salt will use a stun breaker like rocket boots doing damage as they get away from you then riddle you with bullets as you root yourself and wave your sword around in the air, swatting flies for me and faning me like a palm leaf slave, then die embarrassingly.

Immobilize is a condition by the game mechanics, and is countered with condition removal. With most warriors, I can just swap to elixir gun, and my super elixir feom kit refinement counters the pathetic immobilize, then I tap #4 and leap back, watching the warrior, swat flies with his sword, while self rooted in my acid pit.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Markus

Where does your experience come from?

I play Paid tPvP, WvW, and PvE.

And Engineer with the last patch and the 100nade build now got a real place in the high tier. Sure Teldo and Five Gauge used other build in top meta, but they have a pro team and they are really really skilled players themself.

But we aren’t top dog, nop.

Elem DD, Mesmer, guardian and maybe thief are still at the top.

And think right now we have a fairly good balance, maybe tone down a bit the burst of 100 nade, but balance it with another change.

And by the way, Warrior are far from being OP. They are stuck in one build in pvp, 100blade. And most people can see them coming. They are lacking in multiple other area.

In PvE tho I agree, Warrior are prolly the best PvE class.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: jsein.8641

jsein.8641

I understand that some people take the game very seriously and are very competative and I see nothing wrong with it if that’s the way they want to play.
But I always thought games were made to be fun?

There’s no reason you can’t have fun and be competative.

We’ve had a bad rep for a while but people are starting to see the potential of this highly versatile and mobile class, now…played in the right hands and you might be suprised!

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Lmoa. Try to hundred blades me in WvW or PvP and your death is certain. As was already stated, some of you talk about another profession out of pure ignorance.

Sure in PvE warriors are OP a bit. But 100 blades roots you. If I dodge, it will miss me altogether, and you are rooted and at the mercy of my bombs.

And any engineer worth his salt will use a stun breaker like rocket boots doing damage as they get away from you then riddle you with bullets as you root yourself and wave your sword around in the air, swatting flies for me and faning me like a palm leaf slave, then die embarrassingly.

Immobilize is a condition by the game mechanics, and is countered with condition removal. With most warriors, I can just swap to elixir gun, and my super elixir feom kit refinement counters the pathetic immobilize, then I tap #4 and leap back, watching the warrior, swat flies with his sword, while self rooted in my acid pit.

I LOLed. Too bad dungeon bosses are immune to our CC. That’s definitely our strength. Wars are just better for dungeons where DPS is all that matters. I def think that speaks more to dungeon design than class design.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Markus.9217

@Markus

Where does your experience come from?

I play Paid tPvP, WvW, and PvE.

And Engineer with the last patch and the 100nade build now got a real place in the high tier. Sure Teldo and Five Gauge used other build in top meta, but they have a pro team and they are really really skilled players themself.

But we aren’t top dog, nop.

Elem DD, Mesmer, guardian and maybe thief are still at the top.

And think right now we have a fairly good balance, maybe tone down a bit the burst of 100 nade, but balance it with another change.

And by the way, Warrior are far from being OP. They are stuck in one build in pvp, 100blade. And most people can see them coming. They are lacking in multiple other area.

In PvE tho I agree, Warrior are prolly the best PvE class.

The problem with spvp is you lack the ability to really adjust your build with gear ,runes etc. so in spvp your basicly only good in a good team. But in pve and wvw serious we have more survivalbilty then any class out there. Its such a amazing versatile class you get everything handed that you need. like superelixer sure healing isnt best there is but its a killing group condi removal skill on top of the fact elixer engineers get a damage boost for every boon and we have a good chance to turn condis into boons on top the boons we standard have. Inventions and alchemy minor traits give us somuch its almost to good to be true. And the shield skills are so good we make ranged nuke themselves if timed right and stun melee. Anyway i can keep going howmuch i love our class i have no hate for any other classes i find most of em very interesting but i started this topic to just really say its a fantastic class.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

Interesting, when I read about WvW melee train, I thought that was about 10+ hammer dudes focusing on CC while the rest of their zerg butcher your CC’d/scattered zerg. 100 blades never even crossed my mind.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The problem with spvp is you lack the ability to really adjust your build with gear ,runes etc. so in spvp your basicly only good in a good team. But in pve and wvw serious we have more survivalbilty then any class out there. Its such a amazing versatile class you get everything handed that you need. like superelixer sure healing isnt best there is but its a killing group condi removal skill on top of the fact elixer engineers get a damage boost for every boon and we have a good chance to turn condis into boons on top the boons we standard have. Inventions and alchemy minor traits give us somuch its almost to good to be true. And the shield skills are so good we make ranged nuke themselves if timed right and stun melee. Anyway i can keep going howmuch i love our class i have no hate for any other classes i find most of em very interesting but i started this topic to just really say its a fantastic class.

A lot of the confusion on the forums comes from stuff like this…a WvW player says engies are great (which is true) and a tournament player says they need buffs/fixes (which is also true). Same goes for dungeon support vs fractal support.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Great message . . . and it just confirms that Engs are a great class for elite players.

If you’re at the top end of the player skill range, then engineers can be awesome.

If you’re a more average player then accept that while fun, your engineers are likely to be less effective than other classes you play.

The problem with Engs being so skill sensitive is that balancing for the elite can easily result in debilitating nerfs for the rest of us (as we’ve seen repeatedly). Kudos to ANet, in this latest update, for patching Engineers in a way that addresses a chunk of their weakness for average players without overpowering them for the highly skilled.

BTW, Markus, can you let us know the build you find so effective?

(edited by Zenguy.6421)

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: marc.6380

marc.6380

engineers is bad in pve.
engineers is good in pvp
engineers is good in wvsw (aoe)

it Feels like you can do everything but your just not good at what you do.

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

SilverWF.4789

engineers is bad in pve.
engineers is good in pvp
engineers is good in wvsw (aoe)

it Feels like you can do everything but your just not good at what you do.

not, they are extremely good
if you mean duels – so-so, depends on the enemy
not. they are better than thieves or rangers sure, but worse than warriors, guardians, elems…

Thanks Alot!!!

in Engineer

binidj.5734

I really hate to do this to you but … 100 Blades does not immobilise the warrior using it it’s a common myth I’ve heard bandied around but it’s just not true. When warriors talk of being “rooted” what they mean is that 100 blades stops if you move while using it. It’s on a really quick cooldown though so that’s not a huge deal.

Piken Square