That last update for turrets did nothing

in Engineer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Just saying. This note:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3925921

Had no effect on the functionality of turrets, and Rifled Turret Barrels is still broken for the rocket and thumper turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Just saying: if the turrets disappear (destroyed, picked up) before the shot get to the enemy, the shot won’t affect the target; I kinda thought that after 2 years they would fix that.

Edit: Also tried Riffled turret barrels, and the range fact seems working on rocket: what’s the matter then?

(edited by Vajra.3914)

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 engi NA and world first rank 80!

I don’t agree my frand Tulki! I am actually using a turret other than healing turret in PvP! Sometimes 2 turrets!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

PS I wouldn’t go into the Inventions tree! That line is just the worst!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Tulki.1458

Just saying: if the turrets disappear (destroyed, picked up) before the shot get to the enemy, the shot won’t affect the target; I kinda thought that after 2 years they would fix that.

Edit: Also tried Riffled turret barrels, and the range fact seems working on rocket: what’s the matter then?

The problem is that once you overcharge the rocket or thumper turret, after the overcharge ends the turret’s normal attack will lose the bonus range of Rifled Turret Barrels.

Don’t know what the heck the 2nd poster is talking about.

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

He’s fan of turret, don’t mind him, rocket turret bug was good enough to make up those bugs, but Anet only hotfixes what it wants, and will probably take another year before it manages to fix the rest.

Anyway, turret do works well, but not enough to justify their presence in skillbar; what needs to be done has already been said: pick up time ofr 5 seconds and merging some traits, and ofc ALL the bug fixed.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

I’m not a fan of turrets! I’m a fan of what works and the build that I made that uses Flame Turret and sometimes Thumper Turret has seen very successful results! I think your problem is you want a playstyle that incorporates turrets as your primary source of damage! Why else would you trait Rifled Turret Barrels! Unfortunately that route is still extremely lackluster as the Inventions tree is still subpar! Experimental Turrets, however, is great! Hope that helped you my frand!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m not a fan of turrets! I’m a fan of what works and the build that I made that uses Flame Turret and sometimes Thumper Turret has seen very successful results! I think your problem is you want a playstyle that incorporates turrets as your primary source of damage! Why else would you trait Rifled Turret Barrels! Unfortunately that route is still extremely lackluster as the Inventions tree is still subpar! Experimental Turrets, however, is great! Hope that helped you my frand!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

…I don’t know if you’r being serious, but stop trying to brag every time you post. Being rank 80, especially after the last patch, doesn’t make you the best Engineer. Not by a mile. I don’t think anyone cares a lot about it, either.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

PS I wouldn’t go into the Inventions tree! That line is just the worst!

Attachments:

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: CheapGamer.3691

CheapGamer.3691

…I don’t know if you’r being serious, but stop trying to brag every time you post. Being rank 80, especially after the last patch, doesn’t make you the best Engineer. Not by a mile. I don’t think anyone cares a lot about it, either.

I second this.

Engineer Cheapgamer [TRON] Magumma

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Howdy friends! Dancing monkery here, #5286th engi in NA and worlds Last rank 80! With a 100% Win ratio against Vee Wee in Combat !!!

I like the turret changes. Sure they still need to work on a bug or two, but this was a great step in the right direction. They probably still are not where they need to be, but I applaud Anet for the effort and work they are putting into them

in Engineer

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You’re being super helpful and have an amazing sense of humour.

I second this.

And you as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I second this.

And you as well.

Would it be super helpful if I told you I was the best Engineer ever?

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Don’t be so unfrandly my frands! And don’t drag this thread off topic you thilly bears! This is about turrets not Vee Wee, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! Turrets have been buffed this patch with more utility! You can actually use some of them now! If you want to use them to damage things… well best of luck to you!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

Howdy folks! Dancing monkery here, #5286th engi in NA and worlds Last rank 80! With a 100% Win ratio against Vee Wee in Combat !!!

Yeah, they received an option for a level of immunity to projectiles and AoE buffs. As well, they received the smaller hit boxes, which was obviously a strongly requested change with several multiple threads on the matter.

Post such as that of the OP, making a completely false claim that they received no functionality change is precisely why we need a thumbs down button.

in Engineer

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I second this.

And you as well.

Would it be super helpful if I told you I was the best Engineer ever?

You might wanna re-read his message. Unlike you, it wasn’t just a personal attack.

in Engineer

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

I have to agree the update feels pretty lacklustre. A invuln before turrets are oneshotted doesn’t feel like a fix to me.

The engi class drew me in with it’s turrets, and they’re literally the weakest feature of the class. They’re fragile, they destroy your mobility and their cooldowns are too long.

I’ve done dungeons, wvw and soloing and as much as I love turrets, there is a more effective build for any of those scenarios.

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

Wahoo! Bye frands!

U must know, my 1st damage output are conditions (burning>bleeding+poison+confusion), I take riffled barrels becuse, as I already written, it increase the RANGE, the damage increase is literraly inexistent, and it helps my flame turret to hit longer, thus bruning foes!

Rocket turret now needs some love from Anet, like bringing burning back and kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I am really trying to like the new turret traits, I really am!
I’ve been testing builds for a few days now, almost always with turrets in them.

But do me a favor: go to HotM and fight the slightly over-buffed engineer npc.
Put down a turret, heck, put down a forrest of turrets with supply crate and all.
He does ONE jump shot and they are all gone, just like that.

Bottom line of all my tests: the new turrets are great, but turrets still die, they simply go poof…

They are great for duels, in empty spaces. But other than that they still get killed very easy.

That said: I love the reflects, and the buffing is great too.
Small example: rocket turret + the new boon trait with the natural buff duration from Alchemy traitline gives you over 50% retaliation uptime…

The new turret traits are really fun, but a bit too scattered.
Just try getting every turret trait in one build, it’s impossible.
Accelerant packed turrets should be build in the reflect trait for example, no be something on it’s own.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

Howdy folks! Dancing monkery here, #5286th engi in NA and worlds Last rank 80! With a 100% Win ratio against Vee Wee in Combat !!!

I like the changes and think it was in the right direction. My main issue, Is that this is such an active and mobile game, and I have trouble maintaining value out of such an immobile utility set.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Farkled here! The I don’t car what number engineer in NA so long as I get to blow people up engineer.

Turrets can be great support but I don’t run them constantly except where fights are static such as keeps and points in Spvp.

The ability to switch kits and specs while out fighting makes turrets greatly useful on occasion.

Vee Jee didn’t mother teach you that fortified turrets can really keep you team’s siege alive as it can be a permanent bubble with the right rotation?

Oh how I wish we could get one button template spec changes!

in Engineer

CheapGamer.3691

Great a third person doing the stupid intro thing.

I like the reflective shield but perhaps it could have had some immunity to all damage for 4 sec after being placed as well.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

my best use for it, but so very situational:

ranged attacking you, or your siege/friends?
drop fire turret, leave for 4 seconds, pick it up.
drop flame turret, leave for 4 seconds, pick it up
drop healing turret, leave for 4 seconds, pick it up…
use shield reflect if bored.
drop fire turret, leave for 4 seconds… blah blah.

it works, if ranged is your only worry.
one melee on you and your turrets die to cleavage, cleaving… cleaving.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’m using rocket, rifle and flame turret in sPvP and absolutely dominate.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

they stay alive long enough, or are you using them to be instantly detonated?

Good to hear by the way, in wvw they still don’t live long. But the reflect is wonderfull

in Engineer

CheapGamer.3691

Most people dont waste time going to turrets to destroy them so as long as you stay close enough to the turrets to get the boons and for them to reach target yet far enough so targets dont aoe them they will be a bit better, also knockbacks to keep targets away from them helps too. Better practiced in pve though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I second this.

Oh, come off it! I think it’s charming!
Don’t break the spirit. =)

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Jeezus, what has happened to the Engi community?

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

have we ever been anything but overly negative about even the smallest tweaks?

its pretty typical of the gw2 community in general:

• “how are these condis killing me, condi builds are op, i quit” (while using scholar runes, air/fire sigils, power food)
  • “champ bags dont give money now, gg, cant farm, game ruined, i quit”
  • “automated response got nerfed? but i needed that trait, cant play engi now cuz engi wasnt good for anything but decapping”
  • etc

look at any nerf in the patch notes and i guarantee there are 5+ threads in the relevant forums complaining that the nerfs are unjustified. and there arent really ever any positive threads on the same subject. and if someone attacks the OP for being an idiot, +1 infraction, message deleted, because they have a right to complain.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

• “how are these condis killing me, condi builds are op, i quit” (while using scholar runes, air/fire sigils, power food)
  • “automated response got nerfed? but i needed that trait, cant play engi now cuz engi wasnt good for anything but decapping”
  • etc

look at any nerf in the patch notes and i guarantee there are 5+ threads in the relevant forums complaining that the nerfs are unjustified. and there arent really ever any positive threads on the same subject. and if someone attacks the OP for being an idiot, +1 infraction, message deleted, because they have a right to complain.

In this case, OP is complaining that an easily exploitable bug that rendered the Rocket Turret absolutely broken (due to delivering a knockdown every four seconds) got fixed without affecting the functionality of other parts of the turrets.

I’m a little confused by this.
Did they not fix the bug? I actually haven’t tested this.
Did they state that they had done something about other bugs or functionality in that patch note? It certainly doesn’t look like it to me.
Are we supposed to be angry that they chose to resolve an issue that made Rocket Turret overpowered? I’m not – I consider a bug to be a bug, whether it’s advantageous or not, and if they resolve it, I’m certainly not going to complain.
It’s also worth noting that they’ve been hotfixing the most recent, obvious Turret issues very shortly after introducing them in the first place.
Why does this thread exist?

in Engineer

Tulki.1458

• etc

In this case, OP is complaining that an easily exploitable bug that rendered the Rocket Turret absolutely broken (due to delivering a knockdown every four seconds) got fixed without affecting the functionality of other parts of the turrets.

I’m a little confused by this.
Did they not fix the bug? I actually haven’t tested this.
Did they state that they had done something about other bugs or functionality in that patch note? It certainly doesn’t look like it to me.
Are we supposed to be angry that they chose to resolve an issue that made Rocket Turret overpowered? I’m not – I consider a bug to be a bug, whether it’s advantageous or not, and if they resolve it, I’m certainly not going to complain.
It’s also worth noting that they’ve been hotfixing the most recent, obvious Turret issues very shortly after introducing them in the first place.
Why does this thread exist?

I’m not complaining about whatever repeated knockdown effect you’re talking about. I’m complaining about the fact that overcharging two of the turrets still removes a major trait effect.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

And they didn’t say it wouldn’t afterward. There was no ‘Rifled Turret Barrels losing range boost when used with Deployable Turrets has been resolved,’ there was only ‘Rocket Turret: This turret is no longer created with its overcharged shot as the default attack when traited with Rifled Turret Barrels and Deployable Turrets.’
Side-note, I’m not even sure if RTB grants its range boost to non-Deployable Turrets of those types after Overcharging – it certainly didn’t last time I checked. I might hop on and retest it in a couple days.

Is it startling you that they didn’t hotfix this while they were in there, or something? It took them eight months to fix the firing rates, hitboxes, and resolve the issue with Rifle Turret’s Overcharge not getting the 50% faster fire rate, except under a condition wherein it would never lose it. Months to resolve other issues, as well, some of them exploitable.

Am I saying ‘Be glad they fixed anything?’ Yeah, kind of, if I’m being entirely honest. But more than that, I’m saying ‘They had to start somewhere.’ Were they supposed to resolve every issue at once? I’m critical of Anet’s lackadaisical bugfixing, too, but this is just silly – there is nothing to even give the merest vague impression that they’d have resolved the issue you’re calling attention to (which they are aware of, I’m certain) not being resolved.
Literally the only mention of the traits is ‘Yeah, these were involved with the bug.’

I’m all for calling Anet out on being bad at bugfixing and quality assurance, I really am, but this isn’t even making a point. It’s just going ‘Hey, you said something about those two traits, they still have the following issue, so you obviously haven’t done anything to change the functionality of Turrets. No, it doesn’t matter that you actually did resolve an exploitable issue, you didn’t fix these two traits that are only related to the issue because they had to both be active in order to cause it.’ Do you tell the plumber he’s done nothing because, when he comes and fixes your water pressure, he does nothing about the malfunctioning hot water heater, despite never claiming to have done so?

tl;dr: Claiming the patch did nothing, while citing tangentially related issues as reasoning, is inaccurate and, considering the number of long-overdue bugfixes finally delivered…rather unreasonable.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

And they didn’t say it wouldn’t afterward. There was no ‘Rifled Turret Barrels losing range boost when used with Deployable Turrets has been resolved,’ there was only ‘Rocket Turret: This turret is no longer created with its overcharged shot as the default attack when traited with Rifled Turret Barrels and Deployable Turrets.’
Side-note, I’m not even sure if RTB grants its range boost to non-Deployable Turrets of those types after Overcharging – it certainly didn’t last time I checked. I might hop on and retest it in a couple days.

Is it startling you that they didn’t hotfix this while they were in there, or something? It took them eight months to fix the firing rates, hitboxes, and resolve the issue with Rifle Turret’s Overcharge not getting the 50% faster fire rate, except under a condition wherein it would never lose it. Months to resolve other issues, as well, some of them exploitable.

Am I saying ‘Be glad they fixed anything?’ Yeah, kind of, if I’m being entirely honest. But more than that, I’m saying ‘They had to start somewhere.’ Were they supposed to resolve every issue at once? I’m critical of Anet’s lackadaisical bugfixing, too, but this is just silly – there is nothing to even give the merest vague impression that they’d have resolved the issue you’re calling attention to (which they are aware of, I’m certain) not being resolved.
Literally the only mention of the traits is ‘Yeah, these were involved with the bug.’

I’m all for calling Anet out on being bad at bugfixing and quality assurance, I really am, but this isn’t even making a point. It’s just going ‘Hey, you said something about those two traits, they still have the following issue, so you obviously haven’t done anything to change the functionality of Turrets. No, it doesn’t matter that you actually did resolve an exploitable issue, you didn’t fix these two traits that are only related to the issue because they had to both be active in order to cause it.’

ahh, and another problem on these forums is people will read your post and assume youre mad just because you used a more natural emphasis pattern. we tend to assume that posting naturally doesnt require any special emphasis anywhere.

but you arent mad. youre just talking.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Oh, yeah. That happens sometimes. Not mad. Incredulous, maybe, but not mad. Mad is more like an infuriated howler monkey, only without the flinging of feces, so I guess a slightly more well-mannered howler monkey or particularly ineffectual Hulk with less wardrobe issues.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

in Engineer

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Good to hear by the way, in wvw they still don’t live long. But the reflect is wonderfull

I don’t have any issues keeping them alive in sPvP. I don’t detonate them, not even the healing turret. To be honest, I stack all of them on one point, along with supply crate. I run the reflect shield and the new trait that allows turrets to give buffs. Thieves stand no chance against me, and I find the constant blind from flame turret frustrates people.

I can survive 2 on 1’s and 3 on 1’s for a long time. And it’s funny as hell watching people ping themselves to death on the reflect shields when they’re not paying attention.

As for WvW, turrets are still an issue as they die quickly to AoE – HOWEVER. The reflect shield is incredibly nice for choke points.

As for dungeons, turrets seem to do just fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: kcy.6352

kcy.6352

Been trying to use my turrets against Claw/Three headed wurm and Jungel wurm. So far the turrets din’t attack the bosses what so ever. And there where no monster around the boss. just the turret. and the boss. and they did nothing. It made me so sad to see this. If this is a bug. Then wow. haha….

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Yep, Turrets and World Bosses is a bug. Think it’s actually based in the World Bosses themselves, though – they’re marked as objects in order to prevent people from being able to Critical Hit them, from what I’ve gathered, which leaves Turrets, Necromancer Marks, and probably a couple other things whiffing them entirely. Apparently, it’s so incredibly difficult to make one new class of object that is both not able to be affected by crits, and able to be affected by Turrets, etcetera, that even when they’re doing complete reworks of the bosses and their mechanics, it just isn’t going to happen.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

I don’t have any issues keeping them alive in sPvP. I don’t detonate them, not even the healing turret. To be honest, I stack all of them on one point, along with supply crate. I run the reflect shield and the new trait that allows turrets to give buffs. Thieves stand no chance against me, and I find the constant blind from flame turret frustrates people.

I can survive 2 on 1’s and 3 on 1’s for a long time. And it’s funny as hell watching people ping themselves to death on the reflect shields when they’re not paying attention.

As for WvW, turrets are still an issue as they die quickly to AoE – HOWEVER. The reflect shield is incredibly nice for choke points.

As for dungeons, turrets seem to do just fine.

Last night I ran grenades in wvw, with healing turret, flame turret and/or flame turret and rocket boots if not the third turret.
I had 6 points to get grenadier obviously, and 6 points to get the turret reflect.
I took accelerant packed turrets in that line, for the knockback as well.
last 2 points I actually took the elixir S at 25% just as an escape…

I haven’t had this much fun in ages!

My guild was laughing on TS as I constantly baited and trolled entire defnse zergs just by overextending, throwing grenades at them on the walls, and than putting down reflecting turrets as they tried to hit me.
It was a blast.
Rocket boots if they were about to get me (thieves jumping down etc), the elixir S popping when it got really hot…

Small fights as well: put down the turrets when rezzing, when fighting, when fleeing… my guild are convinced: the reflecting, knocking back turrets are simply awesome.

Supply crate suddenly became the best elite ever.

I wish I could incorporate the boons in the build, but I have to stick to the grenades for such fights: the range advantage is vital.
Had I used a tool kit to hit them on their walls, I wouldn’t have the same effect I think…

Did the turrets stayed alive?
No, never.
But I didn’t use them for that.

My main gripe is the fact that turret traits are again too scattered over the place.
At least include acclerant packed turrets in one of the grnadmasters, or frankly: give it baseline for all turrets.
And i don’t like having to spend 12 points to get the boons and the reflect. Make one of those 4 points, or merge them or so.
Like grenadier: more grenades AND longer range. You can’t use grenades without it, but at least it’s ONE trait.
Or flamethrower: 4 points juggernaut and 4 points deadly mixture.
2 grandmaster traits for the same turrets is overdoing it.

Things could improve, yes. But as it stands I really really love the reflect grandmaster trait! I don’t think I’ll ever run without it in WvW again.

(useless in real zerg fights, but I could use healing bombs there for the same build…)