The Condition Spreader

The Condition Spreader

in Engineer

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

My current and favorite build so far, its probably an old one but I was P/P and Elixirs for so long its new to me.

Build is 30/30/10/0/0
Incendary Powder – 33% to burn on crit
Forceful Explosions – larger explosion radius( yes bugged on dodge skills)
Grenadier – 3 grenades and range
Cool down on pistols
Range on pistols
Pistols pierce
Still toying with this one, currently 5% toughness to power, considering protection on crit

Armor is CD/Tougness/Precsion with Runes of the Undead
Weapons are CD/Toughness/Precision with Superior Earth and Accuracy

Skills are Elixir H, Elixir B, Grenade Kit, Elixir Gun(considering others, like goggles for fury, just enjoy the extra heals, especially in groups)

I know CD is not a favorite of people, and that Direct damage can out preform, but the ability to cover several targets, with good damage and switch to EG to heal a bit, or to P/P to reapply Blind or Immobilize a target, and my damage continues is excellent.

I have found to be hard to kill in dungeons, and WvW is a blast, I can take quite a few hits, and when bombing walls, I continue to damage when people back up, I have killed more than a few this way, especially using Tool kit skill for grenades, with #2 skill on grenades for instant 8+ bleeds, the same goes for runners. Bleed, Poison, Burns always bring them down while I catch up due to lack of passive speed boosts.

I have yet to try in sPVP, but planned in the future.

Gladly take any advice on this build, but please refrain from saying how Direct is better, Power % crit damage is better etc. I love the CD build and that is what is being discussed.

The Condition Spreader

in Engineer

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

I run a similar grenade build on conditions, more oriented as support. I use 30/20/0/10/10. It’s mainly a WvW build, but seems to work well in most situations. I use vulnerability on crit and burn duration from firearms, which gives my burn another tick and lets me stack things quicker with grenades and just switch to pistol/shield or other kits for utility.

As for my other traits, I typically have speedy kits for WvW cruising, or switch to kit refinement with EG when in groups for some heals/condition removals. I use 10 in alchemy for auto defense potion for burst protection or switch it for vigor at times.

For utilities, it’s usually some combo of EG/TK/Elixir R or S. I had planned on using Undead Runes, but I’m pretty lousy at gaining gold and I’m currently using the same armor as you, but with might sharing runes (goes well with medkit and the group oriented nature of the build as being buffer/debuffer.) And I have orbs outside of that for condition/power/vitality atm.

I am always open to suggestions, as I wouldn’t mind hearing them. I actually quite like this build, seems very well rounded, outside the lack of burst damage, but I have a static discharge build for that.

The Condition Spreader

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I love CD/toughness/precision build and use the same runes and sigils with P/P. However, I use elixir gun, rocket boots, and elixir b or c. I run 0/30/30/0/10.

I used to use a shield but realized I had enough armor and the offhand pistol has a nice fire that I can stack with the rocket boot toolbelt for 11 seconds and then trait for 20% extra burn for 2 extra seconds.

I don’t take the extra range on pistols because it really only helps with autoattack while the rest of our skills(not sure about #3) are close to medium range.