The Engineer and Gameplay Feedback Our Turn

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

HI fellow engineers,

I find that its our turn to give arena-net in one post from all the experienced players on Spvp, WvWvW, pve, dungeons, traits, both positive and negative feedback. Keep it clean and drama free as well as within the rules.

Thieves have a feedback post, why not us?!?

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

(edited by Shadowtech.5071)

in Engineer

Shadowtech.5071

I would like to start by saying the engineer down state needs a significant buff to compete with the other professions, as an adventure class it would prove useful to be able to move or rez faster on our #2 skill instead of a…pull. Sure its an interrupt but if anything stands in line of sight its blocked and our #3 down state ability is on too long of a cooldown to be used in time to save ourselves, I recommend reducing it by 3 seconds. Our number one is terrible on anything other than a condition build as well and would like if its buffed to match a different play style. Thanks.

Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Breaking news:

Anet doesn’t read engi forum.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Breaking news:

Basically this.

in Engineer

Shadowtech.5071

Breaking news:

Basically this.

This is not feedback

Maguuma

(edited by Shadowtech.5071)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kabooky.8071

Kabooky.8071

Confusion/Realiation made the bomberman build viable, in an effort to thwart endless glam build mesmers they took out one of our few decent builds.
On occasion I ran the Asura racial Pain Inverter given its confusion/retal, they pretty much threw it in the trash can. Any chance of reworking pain inverter.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Swapping in-and-out of kits is fun. Plopping down elixirs works. Now let’s improve gadgets (lower cooldowns? more utility?), and improve the survivability of turrets (even if their damage needs to be toned down). Then we should have a lot more build variety!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Gadgets indeed (dev quote: ‘gadgets are just .. Not so great’) suck. I’d like them to have more utility or give them a new feel so we can u them for a more aggresive playstyle.

And just make turrets immume to AoE → problem solved.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

I would like to start by saying the engineer down state needs a significant buff to compete with the other professions, as an adventure class it would prove useful to be able to move or rez faster on our #2 skill instead of a…pull. Sure its an interrupt but if anything stands in line of sight its blocked and our #3 down state ability is on too long of a cooldown to be used in time to save ourselves, I recommend reducing it by 3 seconds. Our number one is terrible on anything other than a condition build as well and would like if its buffed to match a different play style. Thanks.

Yea aswell a problem for a long time the frickin down state :S.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Also, why does the blind condition affect our AoE explosions? It isn’t like they are going to miss someone stomping us.

Better downed skills, please.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

-Ability to detonate turrets when downed.
-Take a look at all gadgets. (Perhaps giving them two separate affects, one that happens if used while under the effect of a stun breaker, and another effect when using it while free. Giving us utility.)
-Improve Rifle 1’s “Hip Shot”. (Perhaps making it do more damage the closer you are to your primary target/or make it increase the duration of movement impairing conditions by 2 seconds.)
-Implement more Rifle class weapons that have more “Shotgun” like skins.
-Take a look at all Turrets again. ( At least one needs a stun breaker or a way to remove movement impairing effects.)
-Turret personal opinion:Picking up turrets could physically let your pick them up and carry them. Replacing your weapon skills with only 2 skills. specific to the turret being held. Skill 1 could just be the Turrets basic attack but on a greatly reduced CD. and Skill 2 could be its over charge but it activates when triggered. (EX:You could pick up your Net Turret and run around firing a net, or activate Electrified Net and then relocate your turret.)
-An additional Turret Idea: The trait Accelerant-Packed Turrets, could have an additional effect: “Detonating a Turret causes you and all active turrets to gain Stealth for 1/2 second in addition to the Knockback.”
-Tool Kit personal opinion:Feels like it needs additional synergy with Turrets. (Perhaps the Third attack with the Tool Kits wrench “Thwack” could apply the Elementalists. “Arcane Shield” to All turrets struck. (This could be called “Deflector Shielding” to keep on theme.)
-The Shield #5 ability Static Shield should also give you a damage bonus on Shield Throw directly relating to how many projectiles were absorbed before throwing.
-Elixirs effects should be based on either your health percentage. (EX: above 50% health Throw Elixir S will grant Stability below 50% Health Throw Elixir S will grant Stealth.) Or The effects should simply alternate after each use.
-Toss Elixir skills should grant you it’s effect regardless of where it is thrown. (this effect could be achieved through traits if necessary.)
-Revert Elixir S back to its original effect but reduce the range of all kits while shrunk.
-The Flamethrower Kits #1 skill Flame Jet should have a chance on hit to apply a unique debuff effect “Napalm” that burns very mildly and lasts for a few second stacking in intensity. Once X amount of “Napalm” on a single target has been reached, the target will run in fear for 1 second. And the stacks of napalm will convert into a 1 second of burning.
-
The Flamethrowers #5 ability Smoke Vent will now grant you 1/2 second of distortion instead of blinding nearby targets.*

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Lets see.

Downed skills as said before. Our skill2 interrupts one enemy, and half the time it doesnt even connect. The other half it conncects, you just wish it didnt, because its useless. I dont see why it cant be something more magneticism-related, pulling and pushing on demand and as an AoE.

Pistol skills, more precicly Explosive shot and Poison dart volley. The 1st is not an actual explosion, not effected by the many traits effecting explosions. Poison darts miss 3 times out of the 5 shots.

Kit backpacks. Hate them with a passion. Make them go away, or let me make them go away.

Gadgets. You need a real good arguement to make me belive a single skill (sorry, 2 with the belt skill) is better than getting 5 skills on my weapon skillsbar +1 for the belt. A good arguement would be so much easier to make with some balancing first. And no, i dont mean nerf kits.

I havent used turrets in ages. I guess i stopped useing them around lvl12. Must have realised that blowing them up is hardly any useful, and picking them up just isnt worth it/ a chore. Also less useful than the +5 skills of the kits.

I dont belive i ever heard a proper profession-related sentence like the necro has with minions or ele with attunements, or some others with shouts… you get the idea. Maybe i heard one back before lvl12 when placing a turret. Give me some technobabble ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Breaking news:

Basically this.

This is not feedback

But it is the truth.

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Gadgets desperately need work. My biggest issue with all of them is their crazy long cooldown times. If you are lucky, you might get to use a gadget twice in one fight, but I certainly wouldn’t count on it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Breaking news:

Basically this.

This is not feedback

It is, read between the.. eurh, words…

“Arenanet should pay more attention to our feedback”

There, totally agree. The Scope thing is another great example/fiasco. They read it, had someone check it out and completely fail to do their job properly. And not properly communicate this back. Just a quick “hey guys, we checked Scope, couldnt find any problems in the script.”

Who knows how many weeks or maybe even months ANet might have been under the impression Scope worked fine. Just because they didnt take our feedback serious and didnt communicate what they did about this complaint.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I have enough of drinking Elixirs, I want gadgets to be worthwhile.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Breaking news:

Basically this.

This is not feedback

But it is the truth.

It also ruined any chance of a developer replying in this thread.
I can only hope you understand why.

On topic:
- Gadgets could use looking into.
- I’m heavily underusing glue bomb and I suspect I’m not the only one.
- Love the new kit refinement. A superb change, despite all the naysayers.