The Engineer, returning player concerns

in Engineer

Posted by: Argathos.2594

Argathos.2594

Hello all,

I guess this is the correct place to put this.

Basically i am curious as to how often changes are made and how well they are implemented by Anet (specifically involving the engineer). I want to buy the expansion and give the game a shot again but i feel like the only class i enjoy is in a bad place (based off of my pvp experience and asking questions/reading forums) and will be for a while.

If you guys could help me with any advice please do so!

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I am also returning, but from what I am seeing, the class has been pretty ridiculously powerful since HoT and is only now being brought back in line.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

all of the recent scrapper changes were to bring them back down to earth not nerf them into the ground like some are claiming. be careful with how much you take from forums it can be a pretty toxic place. Big changes will be happening basically every quarter (4x a year) and if something does break or stops working as intended the devs will basically get rite on it. (little graphic stuff not so fast but im sure they are workin on it)
For example. The last 4/19/16 patch broke an elite spec in the scrapper line and the problem was fixed within 24hrs. Was it rite away? no.. but they did fix it. Anet is definitely listening and it looks like they care more then some of us may give them credit for.
to the both of you i say

Buy HOT ! I can promise you with absolutely no doubt that it will provide you with HOURS and HOURS of content. Any complaints that you have been reading about on the forums about hot/wvw have and are continually being upgraded and worked on. I personally hate pve in most games but they have managed to make it so much more fun andaccessible in this last patch. HOT = you have fun when YOU want.

I was always a big fan of gw2. Origianl HOT expansion left a strange taste in my mouth because it didnt feal like the old game but only 6 months later these fools basically fixed everything. very proud to be part of this team.

so join up homies. HOT awaits!

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I am also returning, but from what I am seeing, the class has been pretty ridiculously powerful since HoT and is only now being brought back in line.

It wasn’t ridiculously powerful. Not even all pro league teams ran scrapper.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Scrapper > vanilla engi