"The Hammer" sPvP Build

"The Hammer" sPvP Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuang Eleven.9781

Kuang Eleven.9781

I’ve got a build I’ve been running to some success in sPvP, although I’m just not very good as sPvP in general. I would be happy to hear feedback.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcMM9cz0MovCMMovCMa9MxxmzMqoRb8khA7070M7khA707kIQ70V7owY70m

Main: Rifle

Heal: Elixir H
Utility: Elixir B
Utility: Elixir R
Utility: Tool Kit
Elite: Supply Drop

Explosives 10: Empowering Adrenaline
Alchemy 10: Invigorating Speed
Alchemy 20: Fast-Acting Elixirs
Alchemy 30: HGH
Tools 10: Speedy Kits
Tools 20: Power Wrench
Tools 30: Adrenal Implant

Sigil: Force
Rune: Engineer x6
Jewel: Soldier’s

The general strategy for this build is to swap in and out of Tool Kit while running around for constant swiftness and vigor. On coming to an existing battle, drink Elixir B, close to range to use Overcharged Shot, then Magnet, then Prybar, then Gear Shield. From there, if solo, cycle through Jump Shot, Blunderbuss and Prybar as necessary between wrench smacks keeping them crippled. If group fight, net shot and pick apart at range, chucking F1 and F2 at allies.

I have found that this excels at dragging back fleeing players, mostly through Magnet and Net Shot. The incredible amounts of endurance available let’s you just dodge around for the most part until abilities are available.

I’m not sure about my rune choice, I’m mostly using it for the x6 ability, since that is there the lion’s share of damage comes from. I’m also assuming all these abilities I’m listing actually stack as expected.

Any other comments?

(edited by Kuang Eleven.9781)

"The Hammer" sPvP Build

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

just a quick note, Vigor does not stack with Adrenal Implant. I’d suggest taking 10 out of tools and throwing into Firearms for Hair Trigger for shorter CDs on rifle. You don’t really need both and personally I prefer Invigorating Speed (100% endurance regen for 5sec on swiftness) to Adrenal Implant (50% static endurance regen) as the 50% isn’t quite fast enough to make it worth it for me.

Also, if you’re running HGH you might be interested to try running with 2x Rune of Fire, 2x Rune of Strength, 2x Rune of Hoelbrak to make your HGH might stacks hang around (a lot) longer – this will become your new primary source of dmg and is a staple of HGH builds.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

"The Hammer" sPvP Build

in Engineer

Kuang Eleven.9781

I was afraid that some hidden things wouldn’t stack… I’ll try the traits change, I am using the rifle abilities more than I thought from when I first made the build.

I was unsatisfied with my rune choice as is, stacking power duration would be a ton of fun and help out with my occasionally lacking spike damage

"The Hammer" sPvP Build

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

oh yeah, forgot to mention using Sigil of Battle will help pump up your might stacks as well. You’ll see that it quickly outpaces the 5% dmg from Sigil of Force.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

"The Hammer" sPvP Build

in Engineer

Kuang Eleven.9781

Oh, good catch, that’s a beastly rune with a 10sec cooldown…