The Importance of Might

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

This video is aimed at explaining the importance of blasting might and other tools that grant us might. Might is not important for only Engineer of course, it’s amazing buff for any profession really. The idea of this video is to teach the viewer to make good use of their blast finishers and not just use them for their effects, for example Big Ol Bomb is great damage in PvE and can stop someone in WvW/PvP (if it hits) but it is also a blast finisher so why not drop a firefield beneath it as well? That way even if it misses, you still get 3 stacks of might out of it.

The video is part of my Engineer Handbook which I am working on at the moment. That handbook will cover litteraly everything there is to the Engineer and will be released on my website in a couple of weeks (probably).

I hope you guys enjoy the video and feel free to correct me if I made an error somewhere.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvaOAOAsxBc

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: ejax.5170

ejax.5170

I’m having database connection errors while trying to access your site

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

I’m having database connection errors while trying to access your site

Yeah sorry, they are working on the servers that are hosting my website. The website should be up in a couple of hours.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

man, you do a lot of great job!

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I prefer to combo BoB with Glue Bomb unless I’m using it to prevent a stomp in PvP. An extra 105 power/condi damage is nice, but not as nice as ensuring damage on players for the duration of the CC imo.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Imo FT is replacing bomb kit very well for stacking might after the latest update.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Imo FT is replacing bomb kit very well for stacking might after the latest update.

The issue with the Flamethrower is that the Napalm ability (your firefield) has quite a long cooldown. In WvW/PvP that simply does not work well but in PvE it does.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

You’re voice sounds familiar – haven’t you have played a Necro? o.o

btt: good video to remind ppl what they loose if they waste skills. I often see the same mistakes in PvE too. Just wasting finishers or simply not using them. 1 out of 10 engineers even buff before a fight u.u

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

You’re voice sounds familiar – haven’t you have played a Necro? o.o

Nope, I have always been an Engineer player. I don’t even have a Necro at 80 yet!

btt: good video to remind ppl what they loose if they waste skills. I often see the same mistakes in PvE too. Just wasting finishers or simply not using them. 1 out of 10 engineers even buff before a fight u.u

Indeed, it is just annoying to see Engineers waste their finishers randomly while they could have gotten an incredible boost to their damage or survivability. I even had a few comments in-game where people told me they weren’t even aware of what a blast finisher was and were happy I explained it.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Knowledge of might stacking be useful for new players but a better advice for them is to make sure attacks land. Burning all your blast finishers and hitting nothing is a big waste and just opens you up to ranged counter attacks, best tip you can give to players is simply to tell them which abilities to start with first. I,e before using blast finishers on enemy drop a fire/water field so if someone dodges out of it you still get the benefits of combo effects.

The Importance of Might

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The issue with the Flamethrower is that the Napalm ability (your firefield) has quite a long cooldown. In WvW/PvP that simply does not work well but in PvE it does.

That’s not the only problem. The field on that is very awkward to use. It’s got a low height and a really thin hitbox.

Not sure if it’s intended but it makes it very hard to blast with FT #2.