The Might(y) Engineer

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Wowbagger.3176

Wowbagger.3176

Hi there. I’ve been messing around with a few builds and came up with this. A build focused on boons and most importantly stacking might.

What do you think of it? I mainly play PvE, but I guess it might work for PvP as well.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelspSXX3SrF17ICIF11dJ6xj1YT2HFs1DC-TgAicU54yxkjMHbODRmCA

Napalm+Acid Bomb+Magnetic Shild blast=6 Stacks of might. Elexir B gives another 3 and the healing skill another 3. With Juggernaught you’ll have ~5 stacks of might at any time, just by wielding the FT and the throwable elexirs also has a chance of giving you might. You could look at up to 20 stacks of might if you go full out nuke, if there is no limit to might stacking that I do not know of. I should say also that I have yet to try this build out.

(edited by Wowbagger.3176)

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Link won’t open for me right now, but you some comments:

- Juggernaut gets you to 10 stacks of might if you’re in the FT Kit. It will drop after some time of course, BUT
- HGH allows for real easy Might stacking, easily maintaining 25 stacks of might. No blast finishers are needed, just drinking Elixir B the whole time and using your toolbelt abilities from the Elixirs. Especially with the runes and sigil it is easily doable. Have not tried without myself, so perhaps some other sigils and runes could be used.

Can make a build for ya at home if you’re interested.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

welcome to the world of Engi’s where the only way to do decent DPS is with large stacks of might!

Firstly I’ve been told that the 6th bonus from rune of strength doesn’t work. Typically in a build such as this people suggest running all might duration runes ( 2 strength, 2 fire, 2 hoelbrak) combined with 30 alchemy giving you a whopping 90% might duration.
Second the way the traits you’ve selected work is that Elixir H will give you 5 might stacks (2 from HGH and 3 from Enhanced Performance), Elixir B will give you 3, toss H will be 1, toss B will be 1 and a chance at a second. Most of these will overlap with enough duration and keeping them on cooldown.
With Elixirs alone you will be getting ~20 stacks, with juggernaut ~10, and with sigil of battle another ~12-15, and blasting napalm another ~10. This is about 50 stacks of might which would be awesome (and incredibly OP) but might caps at 25 =(

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Wowbagger.3176

Wowbagger.3176

Is this a good build? How would the damage I could put out with this build compare with a BK/GK build or an elementalist D/D or Staff build? I’m still quite new to this game (well, I took a break for a year) and I have a hard time comparing my efforts to other players when I’m playing in a group.

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Fire staff elementalist is kittened high dps.

That being said, FT/HGH isn’t that high even with 25 stacks, 10/30/0/20/10 Zerker FT/EG/SD will do more damage. Problem with HGH is you lose a lot of DPS building it up and a lot of stats maintaining long might stacks. Also HGH is personal so your team only gets the might thats built into B.

I’ve been messing with a 30/20/0/20/0 GK/BK build that maintains 12 stacks of might for the team and 20+ stacks of Vulnerability a majority of the time. It 4x blasts with water, fire and smoke fields. It does lower DPS then more selfish zerker builds but will boost all your team members damage up about 35% each which sounds to me like a good trade off. I’ve decided to roll this way because a lot of pugs lack both might and vulnerability stacking so this build will bring both. If you can get your pug to group up and blast the fields you win

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

welcome to the world of Engi’s where the only way to do decent DPS is with large stacks of might!

That is a pretty much just hyperbole. Engineers do comparable damage with 0 might as other professions do with 0 might. As well, they do comparable damage at 25 stacks of might as other professions at the same stacks. Pistols explosive shot is weak, flame thrower’s flame jet is weak, both of which are auto attacks, otherwise, most of the skills we have are not bad at all for damage.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Spaceowl.5123

Spaceowl.5123

Personally I prefer using Blast Combos over HGH to stack Might on Engineers for the following reasons:
1. I find I can achieve higher stacks with less effort (though this depends on playing style);
2. I can give more stacks of might on allies and it can be easier to catch more people at a time:
2.1. 9-18 stacks on allies depending on skills (use of Thumper Turret can give 9 in a fire field but has long cooldown. Bomb Kit can combo with its self unlike Flamethrower);
2.2. Buffs from Blast Combos have a radius of 360 compared to 180-240 on elixers;
3. Without the need to spend 30 trait points in Alchemy, I can focus more on Explosives and/or Firearms to increase my DPS further. Alternatively, 30 trait points in Inventions for Elixir-infused Bombs results in some crazy survivability;
4. Use of Turret Detonations for Blast Finisher also gives some good spike damage on enemies who melee;
5. I do not need Might Runes to maintain 25 stacks of Might so again can focus more into damage or survivability.

There are however some obvious draw backs if you are using Turrets to might stack:
1. You need to stand still for 2-3 seconds while you cap out your Might;
2. You have to stop to reload Might; you cannot do it on the move like with Elixirs;
3. Allies have to be stay near you to give them Might;
4. Players may drop other Combo Fields over your Fire Field so messing up the Combo;
5. Enemies may destroy your Turrets before you can finish the Combo;
6. You do not get the other benefits Elixirs provide, but you can combo with your own Water Field or Smoke Field for other benefits besides Might.

It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I find it works well with World Bosses, Dungeon Bosses and WvW Zergs.

Guild Co-Leader of The Drunken Alliance [DKAL] (The Piken Square Server)
Proud to be an Engineer
http://www.dkalfansite.com/

The Might(y) Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

Why get fancy, with the new food here is a build that will have you rolling in 25 stacks of might consistently with a single keypress (well you have to press it a few times but you get the idea):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQFAUl0piYnvy3F1LJyoCdGIF6lfJqQ+95Bb9gQIA-jkBBYjAkIAJfFRjtKsIasqaER1qkYSBo1EA-w

Bind weapon swap to an easy to reach key and in the middle of battle swap out medkit and back every 6-7 seconds. Each swap will stack 12 might.

Edit: Best part, weapon and utility slots are entirely up to you!

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

(edited by amiable.4823)