'The Scrappineer' WvW & PvP Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Hello everyone,

This is my Scrapper build. A build focussed highly on might and vulnerability stacking while having a ton of condition cleanse, strong stability uptime and much more. It’s a build I run whenever I go out roaming in WvW, play Stronghold in PvP (Marauder Amulet), do Conquest in PvP (Soldier Amulet) or do duels with guildies in the Guild Hall Arena.

Anyways, I have both a text guide on this build and a video guide. It will explain all my choices and will also give you several options on what you can alter to the build to still be effective with it. I have seen many players prefer to replace the Elixir Gun with Slick Shoes for example.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Punter.7648

Punter.7648

Do you think Traveler runes would be to much of a compromise?

(edited by Punter.7648)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

So hard to land nades barrage without rifle

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Do you think Traveler runes would be to much of a compromise?

I value the might duration and the higher power gain a lot. You are looking at +45% Might Duration, 5% damage increase and +175 Power vs +15% Boon Duration, +36 All Stat (only 36 power/ferocity!) and the movement speed increase. Since you can stack on swiftness with ease through using Thunderclap and Elixir B (or in WvW with the Med Kit) the movement speed is really not needed at all.

That would leave just the 36+ All Stat, 15% Boon Duration and 10% Condition Duration which gets crushed by the +45% Might Duration, 5% damage increase and +175 Power. So no, I would not suggest using Traveler.

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dentrius.1274

Dentrius.1274

Thanks for the build Wolfineer, hope you dont mind if I note a few things:

1. Nades and hammer do not work as well as with rifle. Thunderclap into barrage is too slow, nothing beats toss elixir B into overcharged into barrage, freeze etc combo in terms of burst, especially if you’re running knights with zerkers. Hammer seems to work better with sustain or zerg builds.

2. I don’t see the point of Stab core if you’re solo roaming where its usefull after the fight (even then its not like you dont have other ways to safe stomp in this build) but if you’re roaming with a small group then running in with hammer is just asking to get nuked without a tankier setup.

3. You have a lot of tools that benefit more sustain oriented builds (HT, rocket charge, super elixir, even sneak gyro for breathing room) and high might stacking potential that will be underutilised due to a bursty gear setup in the long run.

in Engineer

Wolfar.6508

Thanks for the build Wolfineer, hope you dont mind if I note a few things:

1. Nades and hammer do not work as well as with rifle. Thunderclap into barrage is too slow, nothing beats toss elixir B into overcharged into barrage, freeze etc combo in terms of burst, especially if you’re running knights with zerkers. Hammer seems to work better with sustain or zerg builds.

2. I don’t see the point of Stab core if you’re solo roaming where its usefull after the fight (even then its not like you dont have other ways to safe stomp in this build) but if you’re roaming with a small group then running in with hammer is just asking to get nuked without a tankier setup.

3. You have a lot of tools that benefit more sustain oriented builds (HT, rocket charge, super elixir, even sneak gyro for breathing room) and high might stacking potential that will be underutilised due to a bursty gear setup in the long run.

1. I have never had issues landing grenades, especially with the Grenadier trait it is a piece of cake. You don’t have to combine Grenade Barrage with a CC as it will land just fine if you time it well. Especially if you are very close to the target there is no way the opponent can anticipate the use of Grenade Barrage, it might as well be the use of Chill or Sharpnel Grenade. Hammer works just fine with the typical power setup.

2. Solo Roaming involves a lot more than just 1v1. If you are fighting exclusively 1v1 it is better to take Recovery Matrix as I stated in the video. In a 1vX the function gyro having stability is the reason you can win those fights effectively. Just look at one of the roaming clips I showed at the start of the video. Even though the players weren’t great, if I didn’t have Stabilization Core I wouldn’t have been able to finish the guard. Oh and in group roaming it’s even better.

3. You should use the build. That’s all I can say. I have been playing the setup (and so have many others) since the beta and it works just fine. If you can’t manage with such a setup then maybe this is just not your cup of tea.

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I like the build for WvW Roaming, must get use to the combofield swiftness in solo play, but in a group of 2-3 this build is really fun. I only changed the first Scrapper trait to protection on heal.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

I only changed the first Scrapper trait to protection on heal.

Much better choice .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !