The Veecap, an engineer technique by Vee Wee

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here! You may know me as the world first rank 80 or maybe as the #1 engi NA. Or maybe you’ve just seen me around in team queues! I’m here to tell you about my signature move that I’ve been using for years now! With this technique you’ll be able to decap any point from almost anyone in no time at all! Best of all you won’t have to run a terrible cheesy build that does no damage! Wahoo! I call it the Veecap!

Before you can use the Veecap, you should take a look at Vee Wee’s signature build created by Vee Wee. The technique won’t work without it!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQJAqalUUp+qlcxELseRiMqQnBqQeJSh+ZZfe8WsFEC-ToAAzCuI0SplTLjWStsaN+YuA

Note: You can swap traits, runes, and sigils around but the weapon set and utilities should remain as is!

This technique is very simple, but you can win games with it! I know I have on numerous occasions! Wahoo! Let’s take a look!

Well the first step is to be aware of the map! As a PvP player, you should hopefully already be familiar with this step! If not, it’s a good tactic to work on as it will really help you get better at PvP! You’ll want to spot a point controlled by the enemy team with someone guarding it.

Try to sneak up to the point! It’s better if they don’t know you’re coming! The invisibility from Toss Elixir S can really help with this! Once you reach the point, bust out your Tool Kit and try to have swiftness up!. Magnet them off the point at max range if possible. Then drop your Supply Crate on their heads and at the same time run over to the point! If you did it correctly you should have the point decapped while they look on helplessly as they are stunned and immobilized.

Sometimes they will use condition removal on the immobilize! Get your Pistol 5 skill ready if they do!

There are a few things to watch out for:

Necromancers! You cannot fight condition Necromancers with my build or with any condi Engineer build really. You’ll get wrecked! Any other build like MM or Power is fair game, Get the decap and run if it’s a condi Necromancer or fight him for a while if he’s not! Watch out for Death Shroud 2 as they can teleport onto you while immobilized!

Thieves! Thieves can blink to you while immobilized! This tactic is generally ineffective vs thieves! Luckily Thieves aren’t usually guarding a point!

Guardians! Remove their Aegis before using Magnet and Supply Crate! Otherwise you won’t get the crate stun and it shortens the cc time!

Rangers! Watch out for Shared Anguish! It’s all too common where you’ll Magnet a Ranger and they’ll be immune! Gosh darn it so annoying!

Well I hope you enjoyed learning about the Veecap! If you use it successfully, share your story here! If you stream, post a highlight! If you want to see it in action as well as my neato dragon finisher, check out http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis! Wahoo! Bye frands! #Veesports

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

That build… is sooo man-mode! xD

in Engineer

Posted by: Richy Lao.8346

Richy Lao.8346

there is no elixir S and magnet on your build link

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

30/30/0/0/10… This is… so manly…
Who the kitten needs Protection? The Pull-out method is all you need!…

I’m sorry… just banter you see…

You don’t seem to have toolkit nor Elixir S in that build. Wrong link?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

whops that was my pve build. updated the post with the correct build (x

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Aw-right! Time to see what you’ve got for us.

Mmm! A P/P setup. Reminds me of when it was the thing to run P/P Enhanced Performance/Might Runes Quazi-HGH.

Energy Sigil and Adventure Runes… haha dodge for days.

I’ll def. give P/P a try again.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Engineer

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

30/30/0/0/10… This is… so manly…
Who the kitten needs Protection? The Pull-out method is all you need!…

I’m sorry… just banter you see…

You don’t seem to have toolkit nor Elixir S in that build. Wrong link?

you def don’t need s or tkit though im not saying i’d use this build either

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

it is the same build i found on ostricheggs channel. A question about sigil : is not sigil of smoldering more effective for this build ? 10% more burning with blow torch is really fun

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

Well Vee Wee’s signature build is a little different than Ostrich Egg’s variant! Ostrich Eggs’ style is more offensive so he runs Sigil of Battle with Invigorating Speed! Vee Wee plays more defensively and runs Protection Injection instead of Invigorating Speed with Sigil of Energy to make up for the Vigor loss! Wahoo!

With only 30% condition duration, Sigil of Smoldering will only affect the perfect Blowtorch, as in Blowtorch within 200 range! It won’t affect the duration of any of your other burns (Incendiary Powder, Flame Turret, Blowtorch outside 200 range)! You can’t always land the perfect Blowtorch! Plus Vee Wee’s signature build is extremely defensive so you should have no problem getting those corruption stacks up! Plus even if you do land the perfect Blowtorch, it’s just an extra burn tick! In the end I think corruption and a potential +250 condition damage is way better! But if you think you can get the perfect Blowtorch every time or maybe you simply just love the Magnet > Blowtorch combo, go ahead and run Sigil of Smoldering!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

I dont get this, is this troll or real?
The build is like half year old and he has no videos on twitch.
Is he rank 80 or not?

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

Sorry my frand Leeto I have streamed inappropriate things in the past so I made all my videos private! And yes the build is old but it was created by Vee Wee as soon as the vigor nerf patch was released! Wahoo!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

How does this differ from a normal p/p engi?

Phaatonn, London UK

in Engineer

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

it is the same build i found on ostricheggs channel. A question about sigil : is not sigil of smoldering more effective for this build ? 10% more burning with blow torch is really fun

The sigil of smoldering is broken, you don’t get the 10% burning

necro

in Engineer

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Wahoooooooooooooooo~!

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in Engineer

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Such Troll, Much Wow!

The build is “Okey” but do not use minor sigil of corruption in PvP, PLEASE!!! Use smoldering for increased burn duration.

Oh and I’m rank 80 as well. Soon.

in Engineer

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Nerf Vee Wee World’s First Dragon.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this guy is legittttttt 1st dragon

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Too bad magnet is some of the most telegraphed skills ingame and any half descent opponent gonna dodge this. Youre probably hotjoins #1 NA engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I feel like the point of the post is that as long as an Engineer is running Tool Kit and is willing to pop Supply Crate early, they can get a decap. You don’t need some kind of specialized and dedicated build.

Call me Smith.

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

I feel like the point of the post is that as long as an Engineer is running Tool Kit and is willing to pop Supply Crate early, they can get a decap. You don’t need some kind of specialized and dedicated build.

Exactly. So much wine about decap engineer. ALL engineer’s can decap a point built for it or not. If an engineer decides to sacrifice all his other stuff for more decap good for him, a mistake, but good for him. ALL engineers can and will decap you regardless of build. troll post but a good read. two thumbs up.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

The ability to decap a point once every 180s, using crate, and Toss Elixir S.

It’s extremely situational when this strategy should be ever used.. let alone to call that a feature focus of the build. Let me re-word that, you should probably NEVER use Toss Elixir S and Supply crate as an opener in a 1v1, unless you’re extremely un-intimidated by what’s on that point. It’s a real waste of defensive utilities.

The build’s all well and cool, I see there’s a difference in that you chose energy sigil over battle.. lol.

Five Gauge’s Toolkit Condi-Nade build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalIqiYnvSyF1LJyoCdGoC5lIF6nl95xbxWQIA-TsAAzCuI0SplTLjWStsaNE5swcBA

Oeggs Toolkit Condi-Nade build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalIqicHxSfF1LJyoCdGoC5lIF5nl95xbxWQIA-ToAAzCpI0SplTLjWStsaNWYKC

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

you should’nt take him seriously mait he be postin a troll thread making fun of all the whiners who cry about engineer’s decapping points when in reality all engineer builds have the ability to do so. Just sit back and enjoy the sarcasm like the rest of us XD

I’m not sure about that, man. Lol!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

So just another 30/10/0/20/10 variant.

I am disappoint.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

Silly Chaith! The Veecap isn’t a feature focus of the build! It’s just something you can do!
And obviously you shouldn’t blow all your cooldowns if the score is like 59-69! The Veecap is a game winning decap! If the score is 490-488 and both teams hold one point while mid is contested and you’re at a stalemate at every point and only one person that isn’t a Ranger with Shared Anguish is guarding far, Veecap it and win! Wahoo! #Veesports

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

you should’nt take him seriously mait he be postin a troll thread making fun of all the whiners who cry about engineer’s decapping points when in reality all engineer builds have the ability to do so. Just sit back and enjoy the sarcasm like the rest of us XD

Silly Chaith! The Veecap isn’t a feature focus of the build! It’s just something you can do!
And obviously you shouldn’t blow all your cooldowns if the score is like 59-69! The Veecap is a game winning decap! If the score is 490-488 and both teams hold one point while mid is contested and you’re at a stalemate at every point and only one person that isn’t a Ranger with Shared Anguish is guarding far, Veecap it and win! Wahoo! #Veesports

Double dog dare you to say it again.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oh, i never put it together that youre vee wee

ok

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

only sometimes Vee Wee. 80% of the posts aren’t me!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

You should call it “the swag-cap” cus swag

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

LOL, all standart decap engies will laugh from you when you will fight them at point.
You will not even decap vs them. For exemple I have 6-controls-chain. Using it i can recap point while you flying cnockbacked around it.
And stop lie about ?1 :
SoloQue
sPvP rank 592
Personal best rank 55 (33 day, 1 hour ago)

TeamQue
sPvP rank 190
Personal best rank 115 (12 day, 4 hour ago)

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

I said #1 engi NA not rank 1. Nobody cares about leaderboard ranks! Silly goose!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The ‘trick’ is not bad.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

ellesee.8297 i read now your reply to my post and i have to say that i agree with you i did not notice the difference. Thanks

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

have you ever think to take only 10 points in alchemy and to take power wrench for block time reduction ?

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

Power Wrench is soooooo good my frand PierPiero! If I could take it I would! But Backpack Regenerator heals for over 7000 every minute and it stacks with regen from your healing turret skill and toolbelt! Plus you get 1000 health from the trait line and transmute is awesome especially because we have the least amount of condi clear in the game!

#1 Frandliest person NA!