The new Sigil of Mischief from Wintersday

in Engineer

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

I tried out the Superior and did a bit of testing, and tbh I really found it fun to play with lol.

The Superior version can shoot up to 4 snowballs at once, and:

If there are 4 enemies around you, you will throw a snowball to each of them.
If there are less than 4 enemies around you, you will still only throw a snowball to each of them (ex. 2 snowballs for each when there are 2 enemies is not possible)

With your character as the center, the range of the snowball is roughly 600~700.

However if you were facing away from some enemies, the snowballs will not trigger for them, and it will still waste its CD even if you didn’t shoot a single snowball at anything because you faced away. (I’m guessing it requires line of sight; sideway sometimes works sometimes doesn’t)

The blind lasts for about 3s. (timer start at 2s, so…)

After Sigil of Cleansing, I think this will be another addition that could be quite interesting to add into play for PvP or WvW

This sigil is easy to get and dirt cheap right now, you can just try it out on a spare weapon, I’m sure you will find them interesting too as an Engi

I also tried it underwater, and the result is the same. It’s a pretty nice addition to other source of blind we got underwater too, considering its range, short CD, and possible multi-targeted.

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its a fun trick but i think itll go the same way as that sigil of cripple that was also recently introduced… just another thing to sell for 2c on the tp because it just doesnt do any damage

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

But it was never meant to be used for damage? And they’re completely different types of sigil. The one you are talking about is triggered on critical hit, which can be random and uncontrollable, but this one is triggered on swap, you have far more control here.

And I have just found another use for Mischief if it ever comes into PvP: because you can swap kit during stomp, you can just swap in/out for the blind. (tested)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

This seems like it would be a decent defensive sigil if it affected everything around you and not just who you’re facing! 2 scenarios for you to test out my frand! First are the snowballs projectiles and are they subject to projectile hate (projectile reflect, projectile absorb, etc)! Second, can these snowballs be dodged, blinded, blocked, etc!

Sigil of Cleansing is still underwhelming! Even if the Engi has a huge condi weakness, the sigil just isn’t worth taking!

Good luck! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

This seems like it would be a decent defensive sigil if it affected everything around you and not just who you’re facing! 2 scenarios for you to test out my frand! First are the snowballs projectiles and are they subject to projectile hate (projectile reflect, projectile absorb, etc)! Second, can these snowballs be dodged, blinded, blocked, etc!

Sigil of Cleansing is still underwhelming! Even if the Engi has a huge condi weakness, the sigil just isn’t worth taking!

Good luck! Wahoo! Bye frands!

You didn’t read very carefully right? You have to have line of sight on the targets or the snowballs won’t come out and would have still triggered the CD.

Considering Sigil of Cleansing is only available in PvE and WvW at the moment, I will admit it’s not that useful in most PvE environment (you will probably love it when in SW), but in WvW it’s quite the opposite.

Staying alive is far more important than dealing damage in WvW.

Unless you’re specifically traited for more condition removal or always use a EG, Sigil of Cleansing can be useful when you don’t want to waste your Healing Turret yet you want to get rid of that single immoblize/cripple/chill on you to get away: you can just swap a kit, and then it’s gone, you have no idea how many time I got saved thanks to this sigil.

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

bro i agreed with you on the potential usefulness of the sigil and you called me illiterate and are trying to justify your thoughts on something completely offtopic! and i asked questions that you completely ignored! calm down son!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

But it was never meant to be used for damage? And they’re completely different types of sigil. The one you are talking about is triggered on critical hit, which can be random and uncontrollable, but this one is triggered on swap, you have far more control here.

And I have just found another use for Mischief if it ever comes into PvP: because you can swap kit during stomp, you can just swap in/out for the blind. (tested)

yeah bro, im saying the utility it offers is weak. a 50% safe stomp is situational. because you wont always have it up, because you should be kit swapping almost constantly. besides that… for example energy offers similar in combat utility with the additional upside of having a larger-than-1 pool. both sigils make your enemy miss. you get a pool of 2 dodges, so gaining 1 dodge while youre doing what youre doing anyways doesnt hurt you as much as randomly missing your swap blind because your enemy was behind you or already blind or you had aegis or you were out of range. its a tighter niche, and as a utility sigil energy will prolly just perform better in more situations. and since it cant compete with force, bloodlust, battle, air, fire, etc since it doesnt do damage, i just dont see it having a place in a strong build. and the reasoning is the same as for the cripple sigil: its a sigil that looks fun, but it just doesnt have strong utility.

as for vee wee’s reading comprehension… she asked if it has a projectile tag. thats different from requiring line of sight. mesmer gs is not a projectile but requires line of sight. grenades are projectiles, but dont have to hit the enemy to hit they can hit the floor next to it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: JabLock.8490

JabLock.8490

Is this the only new sigil?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

they added 1 new sigil and 1 new rune yes.

This particular sigil can partially aoe blind 4 targets IN FRONT of you.

As you shoot 4 snowballs in a cone in the direction you are facing.

I think guardians will find this a good sigil

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

@vee wee
I didn’t call you anything, it’s you who is imagining things in your own head and should calm down a bit. Anyway when you said “it affected everything around you and not just who you’re facing” makes it sounds like you think it works like sigil of hyromacy being an AoE that can hit the nearby enemies regardless of the direction you face.

As for your other inquiry, I do not have much result yet as testing all of the things you said in a PvE environment takes time. I so far only found out it can be blocked when I used it on the crabs, if you want to know the rest of result, why not test it yourself as well? It’s not like this sigil is super expensive.

@insanemaniac
But it’s not like your other stomp options may always be up when you needed them either, I think it’s unfair to call it situational based on that logic. And honestly I think that if you intend to get into the stomping role, you can’t just rely on the sigil alone; this thing should be like an extra or backup if you don’t want to use your main stomping skill or when it’s on CD.

If they makes it that a single sigil can be such reliable stomping method for just one class, it will likely never see its days in the PvP IMO.

Sigil of Energy of course is also nice in many ways, but that’s not to say it doesn’t have any con, such as immobilized being its hard counter.

Engi is also versatile enough that you can still make strong build without those sigil you mentioned (typically battle is used quite often in many types of build, but the others you usually only see them in power build). Beside it’s not like you can’t run energy and mischief together – you may lose some damage, but you gain more uilities which is the purpose of these two sigils. Damage really isn’t everything.

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arleon.5921

Arleon.5921

I like the Sigil – especially for stomping it is realy nice, because it gives you a save stomp on war, engi, …. since you can switch kits whenever you like.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

man, you switch kits every 3-5 seconds, when that sigil will be triggered? it cant garantee you safe stomp as elexir S can (with invul or stealth)

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

man, you switch kits every 3-5 seconds, when that sigil will be triggered? it cant garantee you safe stomp as elexir S can (with invul or stealth)

Even if you switch kit constantly, in your mind you should have a rough timer on when it might about be available.

And like I said in my previous post – it can be used for stomping, but it should not be your main stomp, it should be treated as an extra or bonus. If you plan to stomp people, you should still have 1 or 2 main stomp, instead of having the sigil only without any other option and just rely on that blind.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

i’d better get 50% of energy for 1 evade, that will prevent any amount of attacks from any range from any position.

and for stomping we have bomb3, nade3, elexirS, toss elexirS, toss elexirB – just enouth

that sigil sux

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I never said the sigil worked like hydromancy! I said the sigil would be better IF it worked like hydromancy! And you say I am the one with reading problems! Insane in the membrane!

Anyway there are better sigils to choose from like Geomancy, Doom, Tormenting, Energy, Battle, Leeching, etc etc etc, especially if the snowballs are vulnerable to projectile hate!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis