The predator effect on Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: kiar.2761

kiar.2761

I just returned to GW2 this month and I am planning to make a predator for my Eng.
Yet, I read some post and I heard someone said the tool-kits are no longer benefited from the predator.

Is it true?

or just grenade are benefited? And how is it? only the skill on F1-F4? or the skill 1-5 after I switch to grenade kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Yeah if you got grenadier active then grenade barrage will be different than normal but thats about it for kit effects.

I don’t really understand why they would remove the effects from tool kit

in Engineer

Posted by: kiar.2761

kiar.2761

sigh, just for F1- F4? its a bit lame

in Engineer

Posted by: Brtwrst.9312

Brtwrst.9312

in Engineer

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

The only effects the Predator has on the Engineer aside from rifle skills is Grenade Barrage. It works regardless of whether you have a kit equipped or not.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You get unique effects when you do Hip Shot, Jump Shot, and Grenade Barrage (when traited for it). And that’s about it.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Downed skill #1 also has a unique projectile with the Predator.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I mainly play necro but thinking about crafting a predator to my engi(my secondary) because there’s currently no legendary weapon suits necro.(I have a bifrost, yes)
Do you guys think it worths to craft for an engi ? Because we mainly use kits, our rifle won’t be able to be visible most of the time. I also bought a jetpack, but sadly kit bags appear over it and makes a bad view. I think they have to find a solution for engineer vanity, as this is a cosmetic game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Maybe all the glow balls were triggering seizures?

Only thing I could think of…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

This is my Predator build, seems to work nice. I miss my kits some times but kitten this setup is bursty and its looks BOSS!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQFAUl0picnpy2F17IyoHkWnlZgeoX+1IKqg+B-j0BBYfAEFAZnFRjtNoIasabYqYER1G0FRrWKgRFGB-w

EDIT: forgot to add build

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Well basicly. The lack of unique effects on a good chunk of your skills is compensated by the TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF NOISE it makes when you shoot. It started to get sligtly annoying after continuously using it for more than a week. On the other side, you’ll quickly get used to the whole ‘sniper rifle being used like a shotgun’ thing, I expected it to annoy the hell out of me but.. surprisingly.. no.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

tattoohead.3217

The noise is the best part lol, I’m just sad it doesn’t shoot unicorns like the dreamer lol.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

Out of curiosity, does Quip show anything with Grenade Barrage? Or any other kit skills? Or is it even more limited than Predator? My Engineer is my main, so I’m trying to come up with an excuse to make a Legendary. . .

in Engineer

tattoohead.3217

I believe some kind of confetti effect is present with grenades, not sure though.